Sign in to follow this  
geraldinelyl

architecture?

hi babes.

i just noe more about this field of study. architecture..

anyone studying it?

where n how much does it cost to complete the degree?

If you are a SPM graduate, you start with one foundation year, then 3 years degree and 2 years master.

The cost depends on the choices of college or uni.

If you want to get the professional title 'ar', you need two years working experience before sitting the PAM part 3 exam.

If you are a SPM graduate, you start with one foundation year, then 3 years degree and 2 years master.

The cost depends on the choices of college or uni.

If you want to get the professional title 'ar', you need two years working experience before sitting the PAM part 3 exam.

thnx for the info..

which coll in kl dat offer this course?

thnx for the info..

which coll in kl dat offer this course?

For private institutes, Taylor's, Lim Kok Wing, Alif and Sedaya....

But you cant get your part 2 locally....

Me just finished my diploma in architectural technology,

in unity college in pj. www.unity.edu.my

They offers lots of twinning programmes too.

Edited by Adrinaly

Me just finished my diploma in architectural technology,

in unity college in pj. www.unity.edu.my

They offers lots of twinning programmes too.

dip in arc nids 3 yrs...

a degree nids 3 yrs?

i would rather choose a degree to complete

so far oni UCSI offers 3 yrs degree locally...

any other college?

limkokwing.... total 4 yrs for degree....

taylors... 1 yr foundation + 2 yrs diploma locally, 1 yr degree in oversea...

hehey ! its great to know that someone is interested in Architecture..I'm currently studying architecture too..

The Qualification.

There are 3 stages of qualification for architecture. Part 1, 2 and 3 and it is awarded by PAM.

For a program that is accredited by PAM (Persatuan Arkitek Malaysia), it will be easier for you to get jobs here in Malaysia. If your course is not accredited by PAM, you will have to sit for the exam once your course ended.

PAM/LAM awards accreditation of Part 1 currently to:

For public : UiTM, UTM, UM, USM, UIA

For private : Lim Kok Wing

PAM/LAM awards accreditation of Part 2 currently to:

For Public : UiTM, UTM, UM, USM

For Private : None.

There are 2 University in Malaysia that has received accreditation from RIBA (Royal Institute of British Architect). Those 2 are:

1. UM

2. UiTM

For the list of other international accredited schools, you can visit LAM website or click here.

Fees.

For the fees, public unis are very cheap and private are expensive. And obviously, if you're going to study overseas, the fees will be super expensive. Plus in architecture, you will need a lot of money for the technical pens, drawing paper, and other stuff to build models. But hey, if this is ur passion, then I dont think that it will matter much now don't they ? ;)

Diploma or Degree ?

1. Diploma in architecture or BSc/BA in Architecture/Architectural design/etc is a Part 1 qualification and its the same. They are equivalent but of course a Diploma that has an accreditation worth more than those that does not have any.

2. After ur done with ur Dip or ur BSc/BA in Architecture, you can proceed to a full degree of BArch ( Bachelor of Architecture ) and its a Part 2 qualification. Upon receiving ur part 2, thats when you can call urself an Architect.

3 You can then continue to Part 3 and after completing it, will be able to open up your own practice with the title AR.

Well, I hope this helps. If you wanna know more, do ask. :)

Cheers !

Edited by arcanawar

hehey ! its great to know that someone is interested in Architecture..I'm currently studying architecture too..

The Qualification.

There are 3 stages of qualification for architecture. Part 1, 2 and 3 and it is awarded by PAM.

For a program that is accredited by PAM (Persatuan Arkitek Malaysia), it will be easier for you to get jobs here in Malaysia. If your course is not accredited by PAM, you will have to sit for the exam once your course ended.

PAM/LAM awards accreditation of Part 1 currently to:

For public : UiTM, UTM, UM, USM, UIA

For private : Lim Kok Wing

PAM/LAM awards accreditation of Part 2 currently to:

For Public : UiTM, UTM, UM, USM

For Private : None.

There are 2 University in Malaysia that has received accreditation from RIBA (Royal Institute of British Architect). Those 2 are:

1. UM

2. UiTM

For the list of other international accredited schools, you can visit LAM website or click here.

Fees.

For the fees, public unis are very cheap and private are expensive. And obviously, if you're going to study overseas, the fees will be super expensive. Plus in architecture, you will need a lot of money for the technical pens, drawing paper, and other stuff to build models. But hey, if this is ur passion, then I dont think that it will matter much now don't they ? ;)

Diploma or Degree ?

1. Diploma in architecture or BSc/BA in Architecture/Architectural design/etc is a Part 1 qualification and its the same. They are equivalent but of course a Diploma that has an accreditation worth more than those that does not have any.

2. After ur done with ur Dip or ur BSc/BA in Architecture, you can proceed to a full degree of BArch ( Bachelor of Architecture ) and its a Part 2 qualification. Upon receiving ur part 2, thats when you can call urself an Architect.

3 You can then continue to Part 3 and after completing it, will be able to open up your own practice with the title AR.

Well, I hope this helps. If you wanna know more, do ask. :)

Cheers !

hey...thnx for the info...

public uni of cos is cheap... but i didn't do stpm...so i dun it wld be possible for me to do architecture in public uni..

isn't UCSI accredited too? just wondering...

owh..is it ? hurm..i think UTM for SPM intake is still open..i'm not so sure..you have to check though..

UTM and UiTM is one of the best archi school in malaysia..I think UM too..but am not so sure..

As far as I know, UCSI are not accredited by PAM..lim kok wing is..why not go for LUCT instead ? even if you pursue to UCSI..you can still take the part 1 later on.. :)

If you were to go to UCSI, its better off if you go for the foundation and straight away go to BSc in Architectural Technology..cuz if you notice the chart here..

arch_study.gif

it shows that if you do the diploma for 3 years, you gotta then go to the BSc..then after 3 more years..you can only sit for the Bachelor of Architecture..9 years of studies when I'll be doing only 5-6 years only..

It means that the Diploma in Architectural studies is not even equivalent to the Part 1.

Edited by arcanawar

owh..is it ? hurm..i think UTM for SPM intake is still open..i'm not so sure..you have to check though..

UTM and UiTM is one of the best archi school in malaysia..I think UM too..but am not so sure..

As far as I know, UCSI are not accredited by PAM..lim kok wing is..why not go for LUCT instead ? even if you pursue to UCSI..you can still take the part 1 later on.. :)

If you were to go to UCSI, its better off if you go for the foundation and straight away go to BSc in Architectural Technology..cuz if you notice the chart here..

arch_study.gif

it shows that if you do the diploma for 3 years, you gotta then go to the BSc..then after 3 more years..you can only sit for the Bachelor of Architecture..9 years of studies when I'll be doing only 5-6 years only..

It means that the Diploma in Architectural studies is not even equivalent to the Part 1.

Babe,

I just finished my dip. archi. tech. n im about to continue my bachelor's degree but havent decide where.

Im thinking of Lim Kok Wing, but any other school? what about abroad? which is better?

minus the fees matter. I got scholarship anyway.

Is it faster if we do both part 1 n part 2 at the same place or what?

Edited by Adrinaly

hey arcana.

intake for spm? u mean i can use my spm results to apply?

i took my spm like 4-5yrs ago!~@~

cld it be posibble? ... :mellow::mellow::mellow:

Babe,

I just finished my dip. archi. tech. n im about to continue my bachelor's degree but havent decide where.

Im thinking of Lim Kok Wing, but any other school? what about abroad? which is better?

minus the fees matter. I got scholarship anyway.

Is it faster if we do both part 1 n part 2 at the same place or what?

really ? well congratulations :D

LUCT is a good school since it has a PAM part 1 but dont go for the twinning cuz as far as i know, PAM doesnt recognise twinning programme .

For abroad, you'll get more experience since u'll be much more exposed and what more, you got urself a scholarships.. :wink3:

any architecture schools are the same whether ur taking the part 1, then continuing to part 2 to the same or diff unis. Of course, some uni will take you 4 years to complete their Part 1 and some will take you 3 years. normally after the part 1, you will have to do ur practical, only then you can contine to your part 2.

i hope it helps :)

Edited by arcanawar

hey arcana.

intake for spm? u mean i can use my spm results to apply?

i took my spm like 4-5yrs ago!~@~

cld it be posibble? ... :mellow::mellow::mellow:

yea..of course you can ! I used mine and i took spm a few years ago too..hehe :D

in fact..one of my studiomate is 32 years old and she uses her SPM results to enter our archi school :wink3:

for local uni i STRONGLY recommend UTM

but if u want to go oversea

i recommend Australia (although it is much expensive than UK,yet in some part it is much more safer)

don't get fooled by the currency conversion.The living expenses at the UK (minus London) is much cheaper than,lets say Melbourne.Yet,Melbourne hv been awarded as one of the Safest City in the World.

If u want to know which uni is good

then look at their publications on student works.