Sign in to follow this  
michellechen

Cost driving from KL to Singapore

Ok, thanks. So far I've gotten a rough idea on the cost, but I'll wait for you to get back and give me a detailed breakdown on everything. :P Also, please do share where you have been. :nod:

sure, will bring a small note book with me and record down every single cent i spend :D

Yea, I can't wait to check out Vivo City too. I heard it's HUGE..! :P

yeah it's really huge... didnt manage to finish the whole building... :D

i already pm chooz but no reply from her yet... didn't see her post in SOTD nowadays also, wonder where have she been :unsure:

yup, will be going to vivo city, got any other suggestion?

Hmm, I'm won't be of much help here. :shy: I've only been to Spore a couple of times and during then I always go to Orchard Road and Bugis Street. Orchard alone will take up the whole day anyway. :rolleyes:

Hope other babes will come up with more suggestions. :)

sure, will bring a small note book with me and record down every single cent i spend :D

Aww.., you are such a sweetie! :P Thanks. :HUG:

Do you intend to check out their nightlife?

Hi Michelle,

The journey from KL is about 300km. Timing estimated is about 3hrs depending on your speed and whether you are stopping for a rest or not.

You will pass 2 rm1 tolls, another approx rm13.90 before going up to NS highway, then before exiting NS Highway got to pay another toll approx rm40, before exiting Johor Bahru, you got to pay the last toll about rm9. If you are going to Singapore vis Second link which I recommend even though it is slightly more expensive, you can cut time on the jam. You got to pay about SGD3.90 (for Singapore cars, sorry Malaysians cars not so certain but below SGD20).

hmm if you are still lost drop me a PM, I can further explain. Take care and drive safe.

ok.. depends which toll u enter n exit from KL > JB.

JB..most probably Skudai toll if u are going thru 1st link.

Sg.Besi > Skudai = rm44.60 (if not mistaken)

B.U > Skudai = rm46-48 (cant remember)

after skudai toll. depends u go down skudai h/way or go straight head to town.

if go straight, there'll be another toll cost u rm2 (if nto mistaken)

for petrol from KL > JB.. depends also on you car, how u drive, which toll to which toll.

but it should cost u around rm50 - 70... (tats for around 1.5l car.. not 6l V8) hehe..

1st time enter S'pore...

u need to hav d slip of ur roadtax should do.. else some document..if dun hav, i think u still can get thru..

d most, the officer just grumpy grumpy..lol.

and u need an AUTOPASS = cost SGD10. (with no credit inside.)

so when u are in S'pore, drop by any 7-eleven and top up..lets said SGD10...(can be less, but each top up cost u service charge SGD0.50)

or if u got fren with S'pore ATM card. u can do it at ATM machine too. if not wrong..

oh...last thing..after a long journey from KL>JB...u need to fill up petrol too...as u'll never ever want to pump petrol in S'pore.

it cost 2x what we paid for...so fill up a full tank!!! lol.

ok..so lets sum up..

KL>JB TOL = rm50 (round up figure)

PETORL = rm 60 (average la)

another full tank = rm 60 la...

AUTOPASS = SGD10

top up autopass = SGD10.50

causeway toll S'pore = SGD 1.20 (for 1st link, pay when u coming back to M'sia)

causeway toll M'sia = rm2.60 (for 1st link, pay when u coming back to M'sia)

TOTAL = rm172.60 + SGD 21.70

BTW, dun worry bout VEP or sort..

for weekend and public holiday is free. just paid for toll.

so do weekday after 5pm till d next day 2am...

and each AUTOPASS for each car, have 10 free day a year...

another reminder..if u were park at HDB parking lot or whichever parking lot..

u need to buy a coupon.. usually SGD50 for 1/2hour.. there's always a sign there.. except for red parking lot...

thats reserved for season parking...

for nite parking with coupon.. SGD 2 for a nite start from 7pm > 7am.

that's all i know..

and speed limit..d max is 90km/h..but with lotta overpower S'pore plate car.. pity them..

thats y they floor thier pedal on our N-S h/way. lol..

for thier speed limit..thier's a buffer of 10km/h so.. sign board show 90km/h. u can safely travel at 100km/h..(you can try if you wanna test out if thier humonguos speed trap camera is working or not.)

and each AUTOPASS for each car, have 10 free day a year...

You mean free VEP? Or..?

another reminder..if u were park at HDB parking lot or whichever parking lot..

u need to buy a coupon.. usually SGD50 for 1/2hour.. there's always a sign there.. except for red parking lot...

thats reserved for season parking...

for nite parking with coupon.. SGD 2 for a nite start from 7pm > 7am.

:shocking:

Hi Michelle,

I am in Singapore most of the time... haha cause I am a singaporean. Well I think Daze typed wrongly, should be SGD0.50 per half hour also depending on whether you are in town or not. If during weekdays, its SGD1 per hour... HDB parking is always SGD0.50 per half hour. Overnight is SGD2 from 10pm till 7.00am the next day. Sunday for most HDB parking is free. Just see the sign before parking. Enjoy your stay. Remember if you are entering town or we so call the CBD on weekdays, there is this thing call ERP (also on expressways) which is something like a toll charge for entering town. Range between SGD0.50 to SGD3 (Sigh now you know why we pay and pay and pay in Singapore.)

Why don't you roughly tell me where you wish to go and I try to advise you on the best place to park and also the route to go by so shorter and the chances of getting lost not high..

Coming May, I go KL, I need your help in directions going around KL and the nightspots. :D

Edited by brendon

thanks brendon..

sorry for some typo mistake.. ekke.. ya SGD0.50 1/2 hr for those parking...

well of course, cover car park in shopping mall ...etc is different..

but at least not at a killing price like KLCC. rite.?

10 days free VEP..

VEP cost SGD20 per day...

ERP cost SGD5 for whole day..

maybe tat apply to foreign plate car..

no matter which gate u pass. once u pass. you'll be charge SGD5 for that day, no matter how many times u pass by tat gate/toll.

Hi Daze,

No problem. :D

KLCC charges still pretty ok. Try Esplanage in Singapore, the price is SGD4 per half hour. Some places in Shenton Way charge SGD4.50 per half hour. Always try public carparks meaning open air ones, cheaper than those in shopping centers but then the availability of the lots are pretty low.

Why don't you roughly tell me where you wish to go and I try to advise you on the best place to park and also the route to go by so shorter and the chances of getting lost not high..

Thanks. But I think most probably I will only drive into Spore and then travel everywhere else by MTR, should be more convenient and save money, right? I'm very bad at directions, so even if you guide me, I'll most probably get lost anyway. :bag::P

I think I'll go to the usual- Orchard Road, Bugis Street, Chinatown (haven't been there before at all :rolleyes:), maybe the nightlife- MOS or Saint James Powerhouse. And yea, will check out Vivo City too since it's near Powerhouse. Any other recommendations?

Coming May, I go KL, I need your help in directions going around KL and the nightspots. :D

KL is easy, not that much choice for you- it's all there. Lol... :lol:

Thanks. But I think most probably I will only drive into Spore and then travel everywhere else by MTR, should be more convenient and save money, right? I'm very bad at directions, so even if you guide me, I'll most probably get lost anyway. :bag::P

I think I'll go to the usual- Orchard Road, Bugis Street, Chinatown (haven't been there before at all :rolleyes: ), maybe the nightlife- MOS or Saint James Powerhouse. And yea, will check out Vivo City too since it's near Powerhouse. Any other recommendations?

KL is easy, not that much choice for you- it's all there. Lol... :lol:

So have you found a place to park your car when you are here? Remember to choose one near the MRT. Yup you are right its much cheaper to go via public transport unless you are going on a shopping spree and buying plenty of stuff. Dun worry Singapore is not big, you will not get lost. Everywhere is pretty convenient to get around. Look out for signs think should be plenty when u are coming out of the MRT station cause many exits head towards different direction.

Ok Orchard is pretty nice place to go, its where our shopping belts are along. Can try Takashimaya, Wisma and Paragon along the whole stretch.

Bugis itself has a shopping complex but do check out the nearby Pasar Malam too. Its just accross the road opposite Bugis, its where we call the Bugis Street.

Chinatown is pretty big also, you can just walk down the whole stretch of road, many shopping centers there too like Chinatown Point and Pearl Center. For me its more of a food haven there.

Vivo City is one of the biggest shopping malls in Singapore so check it out, but you will find it similar to your KLCC one slightly smaller scale.

For meals, you can always visit La Pa Sat, its a place where you can find most of the popular food in Singapore.

Of course there are also plenty of interesting shopping centers that lies outside town but I guess since your stay in Singapore is pretty short, so I leave it till next time then.

Happening places in Singapore.... hmm well if you ask me, its not really that happening kind of nightlife as in Malaysia. Trust me. The most hippest place to gather for nightspot is as what you mentioned Saint James Powerstation. There are many discotheques there. Try Dragonfly, its where most crowd flocked to. If you ask me, between MOS and SJ, I would choose SJ anytime. Forget Zouk, its dying down now. MOS is too overpopulated by teenagers. So SJ will be a good choice if you prefer a much mature crowd.

Hope it helps.

Haha I am also pretty bad at directions too... think I am in the same situation as you are when I am in KL. Been there some time ago but for work also got lost....

Edited by brendon

in KL, as long u have a full tank, then u will be alright even you're lost cos somehow the roads are connected..

and the nightspots are around the same area. :D

Aww.., you are such a sweetie! :P Thanks. :HUG:

Do you intend to check out their nightlife?

of course :D my friend working at sg got the sj VIP card so we can enter any club there without paying the cover charge.. we plan to do club hopping :lol: heard that's the hottest club at sg le <_<

Edited by aileenchong

thanks brendon..

sorry for some typo mistake.. ekke.. ya SGD0.50 1/2 hr for those parking...

well of course, cover car park in shopping mall ...etc is different..

but at least not at a killing price like KLCC. rite.?

10 days free VEP..

VEP cost SGD20 per day...

ERP cost SGD5 for whole day..

maybe tat apply to foreign plate car..

no matter which gate u pass. once u pass. you'll be charge SGD5 for that day, no matter how many times u pass by tat gate/toll.

helo.. ill be driving down to sg coming weekend (28 Apr to 2 May), so 28 and 29 Apr no need to pay for VEP, but 30 Apr and 2 may needs to pay VEP right? so 2 days = $20x2 = $40. Since you mention if purchase the AUTOPASS then will entitle 10 free days VEP, so can i just purchase the AUTOPASS on spot and get the 10 free days? then i can save $30 since the AUTOPASS just cost $10 :unsure:

yup... u got 10 day free.so dun worry.

i'm not very familier in S'pore whereabout..n not a clubbing kaki.. i found that is pretty ex to spend there..lol..

so..shopping alone is more than enough for me.haha.

dun worry, u wont get lost... just make a u turn when u see sea... haha..

so u 'll never end up somewer too far..still in tat island..

and dun hesitate to trust thier sign board..not like KL one. keke..

never their esplanade carpark..only did park there after 10pm go down hav a walk n say hi to d vomiting SeaLion..haha.

which cost me SGD1 for carpark only.

for going around S'pore..public transport is convenience..but depends la. if u go in 3-4...share d parking fees..can still be cheaper than taking MRT. depends on distance too. of course.

other than Vivo, wer else i can find nice unique boutique??

something like Pull & Bear in Vivo..??

and is there a trend in converse shoe in S'pore? everywer outta stock, no size...sigh.

So have you found a place to park your car when you are here?

Erm, I dunno... :P Doesn't those hotels provide parking?

For meals, you can always visit La Pa Sat, its a place where you can find most of the popular food in Singapore.
Where is this La Pa Sat?

Of course there are also plenty of interesting shopping centers that lies outside town but I guess since your stay in Singapore is pretty short, so I leave it till next time then.

Oh, I have been to a couple of those last time. :nod: Almost every part of Spore, there's at least one mall. But don't think I will be able to go this time without my friend to be my personal tour guide. :P But I think practically everything is already at Orchard right?

Happening places in Singapore.... hmm well if you ask me, its not really that happening kind of nightlife as in Malaysia. Trust me. The most hippest place to gather for nightspot is as what you mentioned Saint James Powerstation. There are many discotheques there. Try Dragonfly, its where most crowd flocked to. If you ask me, between MOS and SJ, I would choose SJ anytime. Forget Zouk, its dying down now. MOS is too overpopulated by teenagers. So SJ will be a good choice if you prefer a much mature crowd.

The last time I was in Spore, I've already went to Zouk and MOS, so this time, I think I'll check out Saint James.

of course :D my friend working at sg got the sj VIP card so we can enter any club there without paying the cover charge.. we plan to do club hopping :lol: heard that's the hottest club at sg le <_<

Tell me all about it when you are back! :D

brendon.. where is la pa sat???

Hi Juenlil,

Sorry Typo error should be Lau Pa Sat.

Heres the map. There is a red star indicating the exact location.

Its also pretty close to China Square where there are some small pubs there.

Hope it helps. Oh the nearest MRT is Raffles Place. Within short walking distance from there.

Link

Erm, I dunno... :P Doesn't those hotels provide parking?

oh ok you got an accommodation here already so Hotel parking should be provided. But if you are not staying at Hotel or one that has no parking (there are some that does not provide parking) then try HDB near the vincity, should be plenty.

OnionCN_0122063.gif

Where is this La Pa Sat?

Opps sorry typo error Should be Lau Pa Sat, check out my previous posting.

OnionCN_012206.gif

Oh, I have been to a couple of those last time. :nod: Almost every part of Spore, there's at least one mall. But don't think I will be able to go this time without my friend to be my personal tour guide. :P But I think practically everything is already at Orchard right?

Well it depends on what you are looking for, basically Orchard is the main shopping belt but if you are looking for anything in specific with a good price tag then there are of course alternatives. OnionCN_0122019.gif

The last time I was in Spore, I've already went to Zouk and MOS, so this time, I think I'll check out Saint James.

Haha hope you have a wonderful time there. Should be quite happening.

OnionCN_0122054.gif