Sign in to follow this  
dancer

Research on : Myanmar, Vietnam and Thailand !!!

okay, i'm doing this event and its theme is based on myanmar,thailand and vietnam.

So, to anyone that hasvisited these places, tell me about em!

the food, famous places, great souveniers ! etc etc!

tell me everything!

Edited by skye

what would you like to know about hanoi or ho chi minh? :)

hmm like between hanoi and ho chi minh - what's special about each place? i'm planning a trip to to one of those places with my mum, so i've to have a mix of things to do/shop and eat as well as historical sights.

hmm like between hanoi and ho chi minh - what's special about each place? i'm planning a trip to to one of those places with my mum, so i've to have a mix of things to do/shop and eat as well as historical sights.

well in Hanoi, you could visit the Ho Chi Minh Mauseloum, One pillar pagoda, Ho Chi Minh living quaters, Old Quaters for your shopping needs (local arts and crafts stuffs and souvenirs) , you might wanna drop by a Unesco site in Halong Bay although you need to sta overnight to fully enjoy the halong boat tour and limestone cave stopovers.

Southern Side Ho Chi Minh- there is the Ben Thanh market where you can also indulge in the local goods, a dinner with river cruise along saigon river in the evening is not a bad choice, visit the war museum, old post office, notre dame cathdral, reunification palace, further down south about 70km from Ho Chi Minh is the Famous Cuchi Tunnel, another further 30km away from Cuchi Tunnel , there is a Tay Ninh district of the local Cao Dai Religion (also known as One Eye Religion) , visit Chinatown in city, Thien Hao temple.. etc :)

the lifestyle of the Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh is a little different, hanoi is pretty quiet in the evening with less motorcycles on the road..while Ho chi minh is always buzzling with them even till the late evening..

Edited by kool

the following is just my personal experience (shopaholic view), not to offense any1 or any country...keke...

I visited Hanoi,impression is the scenery & places to visit is just so-so, nothing impressive. But I love Halong Bay, you got a chance to have nice seafood lunch, sun bathing on a nice boat. emm...for the limestone cave...it's not as impressive as china's caves. Maybe I was just expecting too much.

The food, NICE!!! Different with our malaysian-style- vietnamese food restaurant...

Shopping vice, the must-buy-thing is their tailored vietnamese silk, very cheap and nice. The rest, maybe they are treating us as tourist, the stuff are not cheap at all, most of them just accept US dollar. For traditional souvenirs like rattan bag or traditional cloth made bag, sometimes I really doubt on their origin. Because the same rattan bag with same design, colour & material my mum bought from Cambodia can be found in Vietnam, Thailand and even Bali...sigh... ^_^ This remind me that a friend of mine bought a rattan bag in Bali which I saw it selling in Central Market 10 years ago... ^_^

For Thailand, I love the heavenly beaches!the water sports are cheap! their clothes are so cheap! the nice food!!! Have any1 tried their basil leaves kuoy tew?I don't know what's that dishes called, 'accidentally' ordered it when I was having supper in Suan Lum Bazaar. It's super super nice!!!arh....i miss Bangkok! Phuket!! Pattaya!!!!!!

Edited by Katzi

the following is just my personal experience (shopaholic view), not to offense any1 or any country...keke...

I visited Hanoi,impression is the scenery & places to visit is just so-so, nothing impressive. But I love Halong Bay, you got a chance to have nice seafood lunch, sun bathing on a nice boat. emm...for the limestone cave...it's not as impressive as china's caves. Maybe I was just expecting too much.

The food, NICE!!! Different with our malaysian-style- vietnamese food restaurant...

Shopping vice, the must-buy-thing is their tailored vietnamese silk, very cheap and nice. The rest, maybe they are treating us as tourist, the stuff are not cheap at all, most of them just accept US dollar. For traditional souvenirs like rattan bag or traditional cloth made bag, sometimes I really doubt on their origin. Because the same rattan bag with same design, colour & material my mum bought from Cambodia can be found in Vietnam, Thailand and even Bali...sigh... ^_^ This remind me that a friend of mine bought a rattan bag in Bali which I saw it selling in Central Market 10 years ago... ^_^

For Thailand, I love the heavenly beaches!the water sports are cheap! their clothes are so cheap! the nice food!!! Have any1 tried their basil leaves kuoy tew?I don't know what's that dishes called, 'accidentally' ordered it when I was having supper in Suan Lum Bazaar. It's super super nice!!!arh....i miss Bangkok! Phuket!! Pattaya!!!!!!

Thats true for some products in Hanoi, some of it are made and imported from china becuz of its close proximity to the china border, safest bet would be to buy in the central part of vietnam - Hoian where its and arts and crafts center of vietnam. however you can still buy genuine made in vietnam products in vietnam. however things 10yrs ago are different as it is now, you probably will not recognise most places and vietnam dong is accepted and anyone demending payment in dollars is rare and illegal by the law of vietnam now :)

Kool, so sorry to make some confusion here...the central market i mean is in K.L. Malaysia...and I visited Hanoi on September 2007 =)

Kool, so sorry to make some confusion here...the central market i mean is in K.L. Malaysia...and I visited Hanoi on September 2007 =)

oh.. :lol: did you visit ho chi minh before? its a nice stop for shopping and eating though :)

Hi there, I'm going to Hanoi next year April 2010 and have prepared 4 itinerary. Please give me your comments based on your experience in Hanoi (which one is better)?

Itinerary 1
Day 1 (Arrive Hanoi 8.30am) - Day tour in Hanoi, night train to SAPA (depart 9pm)
Day 2 (Arrive SAPA 6am) - Day & overnight in SAPA
Day 3 - Day SAPA, night train to Hanoi (Depart 9pm)
Day 4 (Arrive Hanoi 6am) - Day trip at Halong Bay, back to Hanoi at 8pm, overnight Hanoi
Day 5 - Day trip Hanoi, overnight Hanoi
Day 6 - Depart to KL at 9.20am

Itinerary 2
Day 1 (Arrive Hanoi 8.30am) - Day tour in Hanoi, night train to SAPA (depart 9pm)
Day 2 (Arrive SAPA 6am) - Day & overnight SAPA
Day 3 - Day SAPA, night train to Hanoi (Depart 9pm)
Day 4 (arrive Hanoi 6am) - Day & overnight Halong Bay
Day 5 - Day Halong Bay, return to Hanoi after lunch & free & easy, overnight Hanoi

Itinerary 3
Day 1 (arrive Hanoi 8.30am) - Straight to Halong Bay, overnight Halong bay
Day 2 - Day Halong bay, after lunch back to Hanoi, free & easy Hanoi, night train to SAPA (depart 9pm)
Day 3 (arrive SAPA 6am) - Day & overnight SAPA
Day 4 - Day SAPA, night train to Hanoi (Depart 9pm)
Day 5 (arrive Hanoi 6am) - Day & overnight in Hanoi

Itinerary 4
Day 1 (arrive Hanoi 8.30am) - Day tour Hanoi, night train to SAPA (depart 9pm)
Day 2 (arrive SAPA 6am) - Day & overnight SAPA
Day 3 - Day & overnight SAPA
Day 4 - Day SAPA, night train to Hanoi (depart 9pm)
Day 5 (arrive Hanoi 6am) - Straight to Halong Bay day trip, overnight Hanoi

[/img][/img]

Phuket Electronic Music and Dance festival on Karon beach2012

PRESS RELEASE

Following the trend of electronic music festivals around theworld, the Creative Electronic Music and Dance Festival began last year inPattaya by the Department of Intellectual Properties, Ministry Of Commerce.With this year’s Phuket Electronic Music and Dance festival on Karon beach inconjunction with Karon beach New Year Countdown, is another exciting event toattend to celebrate New Year 2012.

This is an effort by the Tourism Authority of Thailand torebuild tourists confidence and image of Thai tourism through music. This eventis strongly support by the Tourism Authority of Thailand in its massive onlinenetwork.

The Goal of Phuket Electronic Music and Dance Festival 2011and Creative IP DJ Hunt 2011 Southern Region is to promote electronic music inThailand, encourage talented young Thai electronic artists and modernize theelectronic music industry in Thailand. Winners of IP DJ hunt contest will win20,000 baht, 10,000 Baht and 5,000 Baht for top 3 winners with prizes fromPioneer DJ.

The 2 day festival will showcase an exciting line up of morethan 30 DJs from both Thailand and International. Top Thai DJs are J Monton andDom Parkorn Lam, Mark Brain, Slick and Domination, winner of the Best Video DJof the World contest in Dubai 2011. This is also the first time, that more than10 top clubs in Phuket participate in the festival.

The Creative IP DJ Hunt will take place on Karon Beachstarting 1500 hours on the 30th of December with Award and Opening ceremony ataround 2200 hours. Join the New Year 2012 Countdown ceremony on Karon Beachstarting 2330 hours.

Fashion TV, the world’s number One fashion and life stylechannel, also a co-organizer of the event will feature this exciting eventthrough the channel to its audience around the world.