Sign in to follow this  
Myself

Fine Dining In Penang

hey try city bayview hotel.. i think its the revolving one.. n write some reviews here if u do go:)

Dunno abt mainland but on Penang island, pls try LorongSelamat char koay teow, Penang Road char koay teow and assam laksa, Love Lane(at nite) chee cheong fun, mee jawa..... I was just back last week during raya hols...but at that time too many ppl so std drop abit.

dear myself, there's one place very new! it calls "spice r rice" my friend said its good! its just next to dewan sri pinang =) and u can try "brazil" at kelawai road! or scarlet at pulau tikus =) next to YATAIMURA restaurant! scarlet is new and its for fine dining =) not to forget, another new one would be "deluxious" and the old one would be "32" its near town area i-hate-citibank!! salsas is one fine dining at downtown Penang road =) hope this does help u

Fine Dining in Penang?

Try 1885. It's at 10 Lebuh Farquhar, the Eastern & Oriental Hotel (E&O). You won't miss it, it's got a colonial building. The other place would be Parkroyal Hotel, which requires reservations.

If you're referring to the 2 places I mentioned are on the Island, yes. The one liven and luvlade mentioned are also on the island.

Hey all, Thanks for the response unfortunately I didnt get to stay for too long in Penang. But one thing that will keep me come back is the FOOD. I was fortunate enough to be able to taste some local cuisine in Gurney and loving it. Had the assam laksa, fried chicken skins (yes, good enough to not make me feel guilty about it) and the sting ray really rock!

Anyhow as for ororo_munroe, BM area wise, try Chining Park (spelling error, somehow pronounce as such)...Love the bak koar n floss bun drench in honey sauce, BBQ chicken wings, apom and curry fish head is super recommended. I mean Dude, you are in food paradise, step in anywhere, any stall and you'll still get a good food :afro:

IMHO, food along Gurney sucks... they've always sucked, still sucked when I was back 2 years ago and my guess is that it will forever suck. Not all food in Penang taste good... well, then again... maybe I'm just more critical.

dear myself, there's one place very new! it calls "spice r rice" my friend said its good! its just next to dewan sri pinang =) and u can try "brazil" at kelawai road! or scarlet at pulau tikus =) next to YATAIMURA restaurant! scarlet is new and its for fine dining =) not to forget, another new one would be "deluxious" and the old one would be "32" its near town area i-hate-citibank!! salsas is one fine dining at downtown Penang road =) hope this does help u

Been to Spice and Rice months ago. Not a bad place and they have a jazz band on every Friday, if i am not mistaken. The band is not bad.... They serve Indian food. TASTY!! :thumbup1: but a lot of spice so you'll drink a lot of water... and the price is affordable as well. Can give it a try if you guys are interested. :)

I would reccomend Salsa, located just beside Continental hotel.The western food there is AWESOME!

D boss is friendly as well :clapclap:

I would reccomend Salsa, located just beside Continental hotel.The western food there is AWESOME!

D boss is friendly as well :clapclap:

Been to Spice and Rice months ago. Not a bad place and they have a jazz band on every Friday, if i am not mistaken. The band is not bad.... They serve Indian food. TASTY!! :thumbup1: but a lot of spice so you'll drink a lot of water... and the price is affordable as well. Can give it a try if you guys are interested. :)

i will try it out! :clapclap:

Fine Dining

island : Tiffins at Parkroyal, RayaSayang (this would cost), 68 Jalan Kelawai, 32 Jalan Kelawai, E&O, ShangriLa hotel, The View, Equatorial Hotel

Good restaurants

island : Ingolfe, Tanjung Bungah (Opposite Copthorne Orchid Hotel), home cook western food (also around Tanjung Bungah beside Esso petrol station), CRC restaurant, Maygarden restaurant (beside cititel),star view restaurant (macalister), good charsiew rice - sky hotel in chulia street

mainland : at the corner of Butterworth-BM-Permatang Pauh-Ipoh roundabout, Batu Kawan seafood

I didnt like Spice and Rice, I guess the dishes I ordered was the wrong sort. I ordered prawns and ended up eating more shells than prawn meat. I did like their dessert, some carrot milk, which was really lovely.

I enjoy Salsas a lot. Scarlet was a bit too salty. There is Ribs on Burmah Road next to Giant which is really great. Also that nice german restaurant in Tanjung Bungah.

Brasilia was lovely :)

Tried some high class Nonya food in the weldquay area Hainam? and also at the Mansion... was ok I guess.

Noticed there is a new restaurant called Puteri Gunung Ledang in Gurney Plaza... any good?

Shangrila reopened? the one in town is now travelers inn or something.... still as good? I used to love the Brasserie. I also loved that italian restaurant in casuarina, I cant remember the name :(

okay i'm new here in penang

i'm at mainland

so anybody know any gud place to eat, cheap and deliciuos

place : butterworth to bukit mertajam

thanx in advance :D

"De Molen" Holland Cofee

This restaurant is @ Penang, Bukit mERTAJAM town opposite JIT SIN INDEPENDENT

Has very nice western food there... with resonable price... I love their fish and chips and spaghetti

And u should try the ICE LEMON TEA... very special taste unlike others ice lemon tea they use powder to make ice lemon tea...

De Molen uses fresh lemon that really really that can Quench ur THIRST!!

For coffee lovers should try hot capucino... and coffee floating (has liquor)

Go try if u live somewhere near Bukit Mertajam ba....

try 32 mansion, 68 kelawai, E&O hotel.. the hotels in feringhi area have quite a number of good restaurants too.. :D

penang popular with asam laksa, which i really luuurrrvvvv.....most probaly going down during cny...heard the cny feeling there are very hot one~never been there during festival bfore,

got a lot of fire crackers right?

penang popular with asam laksa, which i really luuurrrvvvv.....most probaly going down during cny...heard the cny feeling there are very hot one~never been there during festival bfore,

got a lot of fire crackers right?

On the 8th day of cny during night time especially going to midnight 12 (9th day of cny), there'll be lots of fire cracker. At mainland here, you can see fireworks everywhere because mostly chinese people in Penang are hokkien .. It's something like the first day of cny