Sign in to follow this  
JUHJUH

Bio Oil

Watsons has it too. The first ingredient is mineral oil though, so those with sensitive skin might want to make note of that before trying it.

i use this on my body, hands and feet...for the scars. but not on my face though. Worried that i might break out even more. For acne prone skin, probably not suitable to apply onto face as massaging might cause even more breakouts. But this really help in my scars on my hands and feet. Moisturises the skin too...

hi babes..recently i discovered pimple scars on my face...red ones and some of them berlubang summore...but it's not very visible unless u see upclose..i have very itchy hands and i always pinch n squeeze my pimples and now there's a few scars left behind...feel so sakit hati...i thought of trying bio-oil to remove the scars...has any1 tried this product?is it good?how much is it?

I bought it recently, think it's about RM32-34 at Guardian, can't remember exact price. My brother recommended it because he used it on a scar on his arm and used Bio-Oil on it. The scar faded away after 2 weeks. Bought it for my husband for a scar he has due to a razor cut that became bigger cos he started picking on it. But my husband hasn't really used it much so can't tell you if it works or not.

I think if anything, Bio-Oil or products like it will help reduce scars faster than if you don't put anything on it. Like my brothers scar on his arm would've probably faded away in a month or so but instead it took 2 weeks.

BIo oil does wonder for scar, stretch marks and dry skin. I always recommend my patient to use after the stiches have been taken out from surgery. It help to fade the mark, soften and supple the scar tissue.

wah.. really? i wud like 2 give a try too. is it works 4 chickenpox scar?

I wouldn't recommend for pitted chickenpox scar or any lost of tissue scar. This you have to go for laser or other surgery.

It is good to fade acne red marks.

ic. same goes to dark spot? cause from wound.

tehehe.. thanks a lot :D:clapclap:

how about stretch marks because of puberty?but the stretch mark is like many years ago...cause im 18,finish puberty ady now haha :P

BIo oil does wonder for scar, stretch marks and dry skin. I always recommend my patient to use after the stiches have been taken out from surgery. It help to fade the mark, soften and supple the scar tissue.

I have been thro a surgery about 9 months ago, I was using mederma to soften my scar but I have stopped using it currently. It did help to flaten my scar abit but cant really help to fade away the grey brown surgery scar! I wanna know if there is any difference between BIo oil and mederma? which one is preferred? :)

seems like a really good product!can heal so fast...eager to try it soon :clapclap:

I have been thro a surgery about 9 months ago, I was using mederma to soften my scar but I have stopped using it currently. It did help to flaten my scar abit but cant really help to fade away the grey brown surgery scar! I wanna know if there is any difference between BIo oil and mederma? which one is preferred? :)

a lot of ppl who have used mederma said that it's not making any difference...expensive and not really effective

i used mederma b4 n the result was not dat good. a bit sticky which i dont really like. i dunno if its not suitable 4 my skin.

Hm i would like to use it for my stretch mark n how bout mosquitoes bite? Those quite long ago already. i guess a few years back..

Bio oil and mederma work almost the same, to make scar softer and smoother so that it is less noticeable. You have to understand that no product can make scars go away completely.

Mederma inhibits collagen which explains the flattening of hypertrophic/raise scar. If you still have some pimples or acne itself, do not use mederma because it contains sulfur oils which can cause people who still have acne/pimples to break out. Mederma is ok for people who are past their acne.

Still I suggest Bio Oil the best mainly because it is oil that can help to soften and break down tough and firm scar tissue by continuous regular massage with fingers while rubbing in the oil. The massaging that actually do the biggest job in breaking down the tissue and make it flat.

Been using Bio Oil for almost 2 months now. Can see loads off difference. I have very dry skin. I used it as an all over moisturizer.

Mosquito bites and scratches on my legs are fading. No more dry skin too. Pimple marks gone. Used to have nose stud and brow stud marks. Thats gone too.

For very old stretch marks and scars, it wont be gone totally, but it'll lessen the visibility of it and makes ur skin smoother too. Good luck :wink3:

Hmmm.. i think i might try it after my pregnancy :) But i wont have high hopes on it, cuz i read that Stretch marks are scars and NO oils n creams can 100% take them away. It only makes it lighter... :|

i really want to buy it since you all give a good comment about bio oil...

anyway i have been use aloe vera for the past few weeks.

my scars faded quite fast