Sign in to follow this  
umeko

Knitting...

jus wanna know if any of u babes r into knitting...crosstich etc...?

i make a mafela b4 for someone..tho its tiring n takes time n money...but its fun 2 knit...esp for someone special..:P (mine turn out rather..uhh...not nice)...but still wearable

haha...jus share ur thought in it...... :D

i wanted to learn knnitting but no one know how...i wonder where shud i learn. def not from book as it owes end up ~!@#$%^&*(..hehehe

i do cross-stitches last time..but just the simple one

Here's my first ever cross-stitch project (dont laugh ya)... i made a bookmark as a birthday gift for my cousin... I know it looks very simple and err.. weird, but it is my first time! :unsure:

My cousin liked it though...especially since purple is her fav color.. :)

IPB ImageIPB Image

My experience? It takes time & patience, but once I got the hang of it, I actually found it to be quite fun. Its also very calming coz I usually do it during my quiet times alone. The result? Its really satisfying to see a complete piece of my hard work :D

Edited by zeta girl

if any of u wanna find those knitting shops..i can tell tat..sungai wang got 1....

Here's my first ever cross-stitch project (dont laugh ya)... i made a bookmark as a birthday gift for my cousin... I know it looks very simple and err.. weird, but it is my first time! :unsure:

My cousin liked it though...especially since purple is her fav color.. :)

IPB ImageIPB Image

My experience? It takes time & patience, but once I got the hang of it, I actually found it to be quite fun. Its also very calming coz I usually do it during my quiet times alone. The result? Its really satisfying to see a complete piece of my hard work :D

zeta girl..

ur bookmark is vey nice..really wan

sure wun laugh at u.... :D

i knitted a scarf n sweater before... :)

* rene * : if u wanna learn knitting, u can go to those shops selling threads or knitting stuff, most of the shop provide this service now... u buy the thread or wool from them, they will teach u for free .. hehe..

that was how i learn last time...

i learn once.. but till now still havent finish it.. no patience..

sigh..

hmm.. i was too eager to give it to my bf last time... so i had a few sleepless night just to complete it...

felt so happy when i complete it... hav that "very satisfied" feeling .. hehe..

gambatte oh!!!!! i gv u support to complete urs!! :clapclap:

I used to love cross stitching and knitting and embroidery when i was in Standard 1 - 3. Haha, i must hv been quite a gifted seamstress coz when i showed my frens my work, they couldnt believe that i did it when i was seven!

But they all take a lot of patience and concentration. I tried to take it up again last year, but just can't finish it coz i got cross eyed after an hour or so. Haiya....guess i've lost my talent for art work. :(

My fren taught me knitting but until now im yet to finish one scarf haha as for cross stiches im quite okay at it coz i have been doing it since quite young as my mother taught me how to do it but i really find it pretty interesting to see a finished piece of work satisfying :thumbup1:

i started to knit again cos dunno wat else to do.. now i m knitting a bag for ds lite for a fren.. after i finish tht i want to knit more bags (for handphones, camera, laptop) for myself.

i fell in love with this margaret nicole cable knit clutchette n wanna make a few for myself but still finding the perfect chocolate brown yarn.. saw some nice ones but quite pricey.. i dont wanna spend on good quality yarn for bags -.-

I haven't been knitting for ages. Currently doing a cross stitch project, the size is quite big, so it might take months!

yamitenshi, it's cool to be able to knit your own bag, because it's not cheap buying from stores, and yet it might not be exactly the pattern you like. Take a picture and show it here when you finished knitting it, ok? :clapclap:

Currently trying to knit a scarf for a friend of mine which i like... I doubt that i would finish it by christmas (got the idea of knitting scarf a bit too late and i am a total noob in knitting <_< ). But still, I will be passing the scarf to her (guess it will be a handkerchief more than a scarf) *_^

The instruments cost about RM30-40... The wool itself, can be as cheap as RM1.20 (which i just got it yesterday) and can be quite costly also. But, it still depends on what you want to knit...

Hey, ... I'm a guy here.. I did thought of knitting something, mebbe a scarf for a special someone.

What are the things I need to know? Is it difficult? I just thought it's very sweet to do it for someone special.

OoO.. Same here... You just need to go to the shop and buy the necessary equipment (the needles and also the wool). Also before you buy it, make sure the seller teaches you how to knit...