Sign in to follow this  
janewong

Do you do your face mask everyday at home?

Dear Babes,

Do u all think that doing face mask everyday is good or bad to your skin?

I'm doing face mask every night and at the moment, I don't see any bad effects happening to my face as I had only doing it since last week. I will continue to do mask every night because I can see that my skin got abit improvement. I'll explain in details...pls read on...

I started to apply mask to my face everyday since last week.

I have 4 different masks at home:

- St Ives Firming Mask & St Ives Hydroxy Mask --> I used the firming mask first following by Hydroxy mask.

- Kose White Mask --> I used it twice every week.

- Cellnique Glowing Mask --> I used it twice everyweek.

My skin is feeling softer and smoother now. But still not seeing any major improvements yet. I wish that i could achieve more radiant skin complexion. Besides, I wish that i can prevent breakouts by applying mask frequently. Lately (before i apply mask everyday), my skin was quite bad, alot of tiny breakouts (blackheads/whiteheads/oilseeds)... i can't think of what to do and i know that there aren't any products which can let u have flawless skin instantly. I realised that i was very lazy to do mask...in fact, i seldom do..sometimes not even once a month... Now, I decided to do it frequently and hope that it gonna works.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Please share if there are any good masks which u babes are using. What masks can reduce fine lines or aging spots (wrinkles, freckles...etc)?

Thanks for reading and sharing.... :)

Wow lotssss of masque you using!! Bravo *clapPpp!!

My point of view: it depends on what kind of masque u use for daily. Currently im using skin hydrating masque by dermalogica. and yeah hydrating masque can be use daily. Maybe u can try the Multivitamin power recovery masque by dermalogica too to compact the wrinkle/finelines probs.

You are using 4 types of masque but i wonder how do u ensure which masque give u 100% effective result?How ya determine that?

How much is the Dermalogica MultiVitamin Power Recover Masque?

Well, you are right Rayanne, I really can't ensure which masque give me 100% effective result. I never thought about this issue. I can't determine..furthermore I started to use the masques around the same time...which means, even if i got good results...i won't know which masque is providing the most effect. haha...how silly!

I heard from friends and read about the good remarks about the masques (masques i'm using), that's why, i don't give a second thought...i just bought it and can't wait to use them...

But these masque i'm having plays different roles..

St Ives Firming Mask - it is clay masque, it improves skin texture and draws deeply hidden impurities from skin, firms and tightens skin.

St Ives Hydroxy Mask - it is peel off masque, it lifts away dead surface cells, complexion-dulling impurities, gently exfoliates to leave skin soft, smooth and rejuvenated.

Kose White Mask - it is peel off masque, it unclogs pores to help reduce black pores, helps increase clarity and adds radiance skin.

Cellnique Glowing Masque - it is different from clay mask, it won't dry up and b4 u wash it off u have to gently scrub your face, it gently exfoliate dead skin cells, resulting in a finer skin texture with a healthier glow.

What do u all think? Feel free to give opinions...thank you...

wow dear.. you really have bought so many mask...

i got many mask too.. but then i only do it once a while... coz' most of mine are those sheet mask... so i would know the effect for only one mask... had been using ZA True White essence.. and collagen mask, neutrogena deep-hydrating mask and fine fairness mask, bio-essence (don't think brings much effect.. maybe gotto use frequently lo).. then the only mask i do everyday is the St.Ives hydrating mask..

coz it saves my time and easy to do.. LOL~

wow, janewong sure is hardworking. i think i do mine like one a month :P . very lazy me....

hmph, i must, i must and i must do better :lol:

Adelenew: You have quite alot of masque too. I like sheet masque alot but it's quite expensive for me if i use it daily. I tried Neutrogena Deep Hydrating Masque once, I like it very much...very cooling and refresing.

I bought it at RM7.88 per piece... I'll see first, maybe i might buy the sheet masque and use it once every week...which brand of sheet masque is nice and affordable?

Ladyjo: Sure have to be hardworking because wanna become pretty mah...and me quite old already...so, i have to 'add oil'...

I tried Neutrogena Deep Hydrating Masque once, I like it very much...very cooling and refresing.

I bought it at RM7.88 per piece... I'll see first, maybe i might buy the sheet masque and use it once every week...which brand of sheet masque is nice and affordable?

i also bought it at rm7.88 now got promotion for the neutrogena mask ma.. so have to buy more to put at home.. haha :lol: i bought the fine fairness neutrogena mask for around rm 8.88 i think... hehe... :rolleyes:

How much is the Dermalogica MultiVitamin Power Recover Masque?

Well, you are right Rayanne, I really can't ensure which masque give me 100% effective result. I never thought about this issue. I can't determine..furthermore I started to use the masques around the same time...which means, even if i got good results...i won't know which masque is providing the most effect. haha...how silly!

I heard from friends and read about the good remarks about the masques (masques i'm using), that's why, i don't give a second thought...i just bought it and can't wait to use them...

But these masque i'm having plays different roles..

MVP masque retail @RM209,75ml

Good on someone skin may not good on everyone skin.You can try to see the result. 4 types of masques :doh: you are addicted muahhaa.every prd has it own ingredients ah

There were once a beautician said which is very true, she said it only uses us 10-20 minutes to do a face masque but we still giving reasons like busy, no time, lazy, forgot...

I was giving these reasons...but when i grow older...and my skin become more aged...i don't dare to be lazy trying to slip my masque session...well at least i'm very hardworking for the past 1 week...hehe

I believe that if we follow to scrub-masque consistently, our skin's complexion and condition can really be improved...at least breakouts can kept to the minimum because when we scrubs it exfoliates dead skin cells so that it won't clogged our pores...and when we masque it improves clarity and smoothens our skin too...

Adelenew: You have quite alot of masque too. I like sheet masque alot but it's quite expensive for me if i use it daily. I tried Neutrogena Deep Hydrating Masque once, I like it very much...very cooling and refresing.

Ladyjo: Sure have to be hardworking because wanna become pretty mah...and me quite old already...so, i have to 'add oil'...

hehehe.....those below 80 is still consider young :wink3:

Rayanne: You are right...i think i'm addicted already...my boyfriend think that i'm crazy already when he sees me using so many different masque and used them everynight...But i bought already...it gonna be very wasteful if i stop using some of them...hahaha...i'm addicted, even when i reached home and finished bath at 12am...i still wanna apply masque man...ended up going to be 1am something...:)

Adelenew: Can u give more details on neutrogena fine fairness masque?

which 1 is better, deep hydrating or fine fairness?

Rayanne: You are right...i think i'm addicted already...my boyfriend think that i'm crazy already when he sees me using so many different masque and used them everynight...But i bought already...it gonna be very wasteful if i stop using some of them...hahaha...i'm addicted, even when i reached home and finished bath at 12am...i still wanna apply masque man...ended up going to be 1am something...:)

....looking for more mask.... :clapclap:

For me, currently, I'm using Clinique Pore Refining mask every two days. It's good as it controls my acne prone skin and yea, pores are getting smaller~~

If I'm feeling particularly good at night, then I'd use Neutrogena Whitening sheet mask (got it for RM38.88 - 5sheets during promotion) or L'oreal Whitening sheet mask~~ It gives a nice glow to the face next morning :D

....looking for more mask.... :clapclap:

:rolleyes: heehee...i don't have sheet masque mah... and since they are having discounts and promotions...buy some to put at home first...kekeke :P

For me, currently, I'm using Clinique Pore Refining mask every two days. It's good as it controls my acne prone skin and yea, pores are getting smaller~~

If I'm feeling particularly good at night, then I'd use Neutrogena Whitening sheet mask (got it for RM38.88 - 5sheets during promotion) or L'oreal Whitening sheet mask~~ It gives a nice glow to the face next morning :D

How much is the Clinique Pore Refining Mask?

How much is Loreal Whitening Sheet Mask?

I got 2 type of mask....

Body Shop Blue Corn 3 in 1 Deep Cleansing Scrub Mask

Clinique Pore Minimizing Mask

only use em once a week depending which one i have mood for.

I somehow prefer the 3 in 1 scrub mask though compare to the clinique ones LOL !

How much is the Clinique Pore Refining Mask?

How much is Loreal Whitening Sheet Mask?

Clinique Pore Refining Mask for RM100 (100ml)

Loreal Whitening Sheet Mask for around RM50 (5 sheets)

So I guess Clinique is cheaper in a way~~!!

i'm using origins out of trouble mask if i have pimples n origins clear improvement mask twice a week to remove my black & whiteheads. I have kose white mask too but seldom use :P

I got 2 type of mask....

Body Shop Blue Corn 3 in 1 Deep Cleansing Scrub Mask

Clinique Pore Minimizing Mask

only use em once a week depending which one i have mood for.

I somehow prefer the 3 in 1 scrub mask though compare to the clinique ones LOL !

Any difference between Clinique Pore Minimizing Masque and Clinique Pore Refining Masque?

Thanks for sharing... :)

both also good.. cannot compare coz different functions

hehe... deep hydrating is to give ur skin more moisture, more water....

the fine fairness is whitening mask.... =) leaves the skin bright...

I think it depends on what kind of mask you're using.

Doing a clay mask everyday is a mistake and will ultimately have the opposite of the intended effect. No matter how oily you're skin is, if you deplete it DAILY with a clay mask, the result is that your skin is going to produce more oil.

Restorative masks are a bit different and I don't think you will do any harm, although you might not necessarily be getting any greater benefit than if you masked a little less frequently.

As for peel masks, most of them recommend the frequency with which you can use them. It's usually wise to pay attention to those instructions. A little variation isn't a problem, but I think we often are overly aggressive in the quest for perfect skin.

Some people told me that if we use mask every day, the skin will rely on the nutrition that the mask gives to it, and will not enhance its function by skin itself. Sometime skin will overloaded or has other problems due to daily mask but i'm not sure how true this is though.

I personally think its better not to do them everyday, or at least not to mix and match different ones, like if you have one that you know doesn't make your break out and that's helping your skin every time you do it, than go at it and use it everyday, but its bad to experiment with new ones because then if you break out you can't pinpoint which one it was as breakouts can show up days later.

I have 6 mask

Freeman's Clay Mask and Peel Off Mask

Skinfood Snow Tea Peel off Mask

ZA T-Zone Peel Off

St. Ives Hydroxy

Elianto Pearl Rinse Off

usually i do my mask during the weekends

ZA almost every week 3 times...

Clay Mask once a week

The rest whenever i like

Almost everyday 1 mask wan de la :P

I would love to have mask every day...but gosh, sometimes,I am too tired,and I will just forget about it.but yeah,at least I do mask 3-4 times per week,esp after swimming. I find my skin is more hydrated which I am so comfortable with it, so far I dont find any problems with it. ( touch wood :P )

I do my whitening mask whenever I feel I'm not fair enuf or get under sun too much. hehee

its in powder n mix wit few drop ofwater then apply on face n wait til it dry. i love my whitening mask so muchhh.