Sign in to follow this  
asian gold

Penang Girl, Ipoh Girl, KL Girl, Singapore Girls

hi folks,

i am sure all you did hear from the guys about KL girls, Penang girls, etc etc, who are the most stunning and most beautiful.....

Pls dont get this into war of cities, but I love to hear all ya views, hears the common view

KL girls - mostly look more pretty because they are so good at makeup and dressing up

Ipoh girls - people used to say they are darn pretty and fair,

Penang girls - a general mixture, but quite alot of ah liens from mainlands (Prai, Nibong Tebal)

SHARE UR THOUGHTS!!!!! :):):D:D:clapclap:

I have heard from people that girls from ipoh are pretty. why??? its like they say that ipoh has the prettiest girls..

i dont know... never been there..

currently in penang and tell you something, its so full of ah lians and ah bengs (no offence k!) that it irritates me (i m talking majority not all. like lisa dear, she's sweet and attractive but those are the only rare ones around!) . coz they always try to flaunt off what they dont have and try to act cute then always glare at you for no reason when you walk by! dont know if that happens to you guys too but i always get weird glares from them and they like to show that they have "attitude" and that they are "cool".

puh-lease. for me, those kind of people are those who doesnt continue with their studies and only care about going out with which biker guy who is the coolest. i spoke to some of them and all of them are around the age of 14-17. not studying. working as god-knows-what and prefers to spend time lingering in arcade or looking for boyfriend. i m dissapointed.

Edited by Quistreous

thats wat i heard also. hahaha! but i'm not malaysian so... that does it! but i live in penang ><

huh? ur not malaysian? then what are you?

kel kel.. chill girl! hehehe... of course u are not silly kel... :wub:

riya, hohoho... make a guess!

i personally think there are lots of "seafood" in penang! and they are all spoilt! indeed... but hack with em' huehehue

emmmm penang girls - i feel that some of them dress up like ah-lians... a tad too la la...

Kl girls - good in make up... dressing up ... :) some of them v sexy also :P

Ipoh girls arr... me ipoh lai de... so i think ipoh girls not very ' in' in fashion... and v few ppl make up dramatically and go out...

Singapore girls - frens say that they look differ when they have make up and no make up... like gorgeous... then ugly... not so sure as the last time i went sg is like so long ago :P

yaya...singapore girl look gorgeous when make up cuz they are good in this...but without make up looks...so so lar...^^

KL girls ar...erm...actually kl got many pretties... when i go 1 Utama, i can see many elegant and pretty girls... when i go sg wang, i see many pretty girl wearing like fashion show...well, some clothes that i never try...perhaps....:P

Ipoh girl, i heard that Ipoh got a lots of pretties...but i dunno la...:D

Penang girl...well, all penang girl i know still ok la...

that's bad.. i stay in the mainland.. :rolleyes:

but i'm born in pj... ^_^ bah... :doh: watever!

:P

anyway, i do admit that some young girls and boys are dressing up like seafood.. sigh.. and not wanting to study... pity them... :doh:

kl gurls: lansi n luv 2 stare at other gurls from head 2 toe but dun wanna smile..juz like 2 check u out n then compare u wif herself....sorry no offence but tht's wat happens most of d time....n it's kinda scary esp if u r enjoying ur meal....but hv 2 admit tht there r lotsa gorgeous gurls around,wif or without makeup...

ipoh gurls:been there during cny..ntg specieal...didnt notice any pretty gurls or mayb they r juz not up 2 my std :P sorry,no offence...pretty is very subjective

penang gurls:rude n ah liens..been there during vacation....n they r so rough...ish,they juz talk bad bout u in front of u juz coz u r tourist n ur dressings r diff from them...they juz 4get tht even though we r tourist,many of us understand hokkien though we dunno how 2 speak hookien....no offence penang gurls....not all r like tht..some gurls r very frenly n helpful too :)

s'pore gurls:there's a big gap here..either u r gorgeous coz u knoe how 2 make up or dress up or u'll b categorised as d nerdy or auntie clan coz u dun seem 2 pick up fashion sense from mags...no offence 2 d s'poreans

what 'bout jb gurl .. ~??

i think all the gurl same .. its depend on their personality xtually ..

i think there are many pretty gals around regardless of the state they're in, whether they're ah lian or wanna be glamourous queen it don't matter.Ah lian can be pretty too if you dress her in gucci dress and prada heels :D I am sure everyone look much better with a make over, don't you agree?

KL- more fashionable but some of them vy lansi.

Ipoh- me myself born here too but dun think got many leng lui. maybe many leng lui dun like staying in ipoh they like to go to KL or singapore working. day by day people from other state notice wow many pretty girl is from ipoh.

s'pore- work there before. some of them vy friendly but only 30% of them. cannot say they r vy pretty or ugly. they know what make them look perfect n yes makeup is their must. no matter eating at hawker centre or going to pasar make up is their life. vy seldom can c fat girl in s'pore. all of them got perfect nice body.

p.pinang- they r cool n some of them vy lansi. average can say average lah not natural pretty. many of my pinang friend say pretty girl there vy high percentage going for plastic surgery. first i dun believe but now i believe.

Edited by sallypang

wahhh... are u sure penang girls go for plastic surgery? i only belive that kl girls are more outstanding as in beauty hahaha! coz penang girls doesnt work with great salary unlike those in KL. ><"

kyliemc, what did the girls say about the dressing thing in hok kien? still remmeber?

penang girl: hmm.. no idea coz never been there b4 :P

ipoh girl: im from ipoh n most of the time i'm at kl so whenever i back ipoh during festive time (e.g. CNY ) i can see many lenglui wor.. n yes i have to agree that ipoh's girls r fairer (from wat i observed) hmm.. well.. not included me la har :bag:

KL girls: pretty in sense of whole package (make up n dressing). n also have to depends on where u go lor. I still prefer girls from PJ :)

I heard too that Ipoh has the prettiest girls around ... I dont know how trus is that

Penang girls heard also that there are many lalas around with attitude problem, in fact many places is filled with lala but i think Pg is more prominent, from my encounter with Pg girls, I guess I have to agree with Ques, but that's applicable with those I have met only, not all of course, but majority

KL girls, well not all of them are good with make up, take me for example, I know nuts about it :P

here is a sub to what ah lians are:

source: wikipedia.

also included a site to what ah bengs are:

[Ah lian is a pejorative term commonly given to a certain group of young Chinese girls in Southeast Asia, especially Singapore and Malaysia. These chinese girls, whose age ranging from their adolescent years to late 20s, usually centralised in the busier and more developed cities in the region. They are regarded as bimbos, and are stereotyped as anti-intellectual, superficial, materialistic, and shallow.

The Ah lian "culture" is especially prevalant in schools, typified by their frequent use of vulgarities and appearance in cliques(joined by their male counter parts Ah bengs).

Ah Lians commonly speak in a kind of hybrid mix of Singlish and Chinese, or Chinese-related dialects. It is also common for the grammar from these dialects to cross over English usage, creating English phrases with Chinese grammar.]

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ah_lian)

[Ah Beng is a term commonly given to a group of young Chinese men in Southeast Asia, particularly Singapore and Malaysia. These Chinese men, whose age ranging from their early teens to late 20s, usually centralise in the busier and more developed cities in the region. Ah bengs typically speak local slang, which is Hokkien or Cantonese mixed with English and Malay, such as Manglish or Singlish. They are often stereotypically portrayed to be anti-intellectual, superficial and materialistic and shallow. These values often lead to a lack of culture or indulgence in criminal activity or being involved in brawling or affray out of disagreement with other people.

Ah Beng comes from the romanization of the Hokkien pronunciation of 阿明. 明 is a word commonly used in the names of Chineses in the region; it means bright.]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ah_Beng

hope that help clear minds!

i think pretty gal exist everywhere even kampung also have. or rural country. its usually juz see whether the particuliar gal wanna make herself look good or not.

like am from kuching, our trends n style there sumetime slower then penisular here like kl, so most of my frens tend to come kl since air asia cheap adi and do fashion hunting. or else juz ask fren to have a look out wut are the current trends n styles.

for rural country, the gal dun get poluted air, they live in natural environment. most of them also pretty oredi juz er duno how to dress properly since they didnt expose to city life. so they juz dress plainly. if sumone help em to do make up n stuff, they can be pretty n stunning as well.

if a gal dun wanna look pretty, whenever she goes also wont let her stand out of the crowd.

not every girls inpenang are majority ah lian. it is when u guys bump into a place where there is the place for the ah lian's community/reunion. =P i wouldnt say that they are ah lian if they are REALLY ah lian looking. coz somehow, they will look back at u and u will wonder what do they say about urself =) so i will always think positive wakakaka....

as for KL girls, they are very fashionable and also love making themselves look beautiful. as i heard from my friend who's studying in kl, she told me "you have to be great and well known so that the girl wont bully you" i was like "huh, such thing?" dem... are they really that NOTTY? ahahaa

kekeke...it sure is funny reading all the comments above on girls from different ares. i've also heard that ipoh is famous with beautiful girls. must be their water...kekeke...just like their taugeh...

btw, i've never noticed penang girls are very ah lian, are they?

not every girls inpenang are majority ah lian. it is when u guys bump into a place where there is the place for the ah lian's community/reunion. =P i wouldnt say that they are ah lian if they are REALLY ah lian looking. coz somehow, they will look back at u and u will wonder what do they say about urself =) so i will always think positive wakakaka....

as for KL girls, they are very fashionable and also love making themselves look beautiful. as i heard from my friend who's studying in kl, she told me "you have to be great and well known so that the girl wont bully you" i was like "huh, such thing?" dem... are they really that NOTTY? ahahaa

kekeke...not all kl girls...at least not me...kekeke

maybe just those fasionable ah lians in KL are like that :P