Sign in to follow this  
shadowprincess

Abortion

what is your point of view on abortion?

ok ok... let say u practiced safe sex (ie. wear condom, eat pills) but unfortunately, the condom broke and u are now pregnant... what reasons would u have to go ahead with abortion?

if u find out that ur child is "imperfect" and u know that ur baby will suffer if they are born... will u chose to end the baby's sufferring?

is it justifiable?

please try not to include anything religious to avoid any squabbles and controversies... thatnk u biggrin.gif

if it's a creation of love fr me n bf, i will keep da baby.. no matter wat happens.. i noe tat it won't be easy but then i think i juz can't abort da baby of me n my bf... sigh... edi practised safe sex edi, but then accidents still happens means tat it's meant for u too haf da baby lor... so, will keep it.. hehe

but then if i found out da da baby is imperfect, then i will choose to abort it.. i noe it's unfair for me to end da baby's life, but i duwan da baby to suffer in da future.. i can be by da baby's side when he or she gorws up to protect n take care of him or her.. but tehn wat happens after i die???

for me, i agree with cecelia... i will only seek abortion if i know that my child will haf any informaties.... this is to avoid the future pain that the child will feel and future isolation and redicule from school bullies.... and of course because they need more care than normal kids.... if i die, i dun think i can rest knowing that nobody i trust is taking care of the child.

Hi,

These are the reasons if i do have an abortion. But these are only my thoughts..

I might abort my child if they are born with informaties that might render them to be incapable of having a future. I'm not talking about a normal future or a good future. Knowing they will take care of themself in the fiture is a good reason to keep my baby. Even if they are born blind, deaf, mute or whatever. But if the sickness will render my baby to be incapable of simple daily task then i will abort it to prevent it from having future pains. This is hard but... its for the best.

I might abort my child if i happen to contract Hiv. This is far fetched but i will not give birth to a child because of my own misbehaving. I dont want my baby to lose its mommy and die of this sickness.

Lastly, this may seem cruel but i cannot give birth to a baby knowing that i cannot take care of myself now. If i were to get pregnant now (touch wood), i will have to abort the baby because i cannot afford to take care of myself as i have no job and is still studying and it is wrong to pass the baby to my parents to care since it is mine. When i do give birth, the house will have a ready made room for my baby and not a rented room as to what im staying in now.

just a few slight thoughts:

1. who are we to judge whether it is best to take away their lives or it is best to end their sufferings when we know they will be born informaties. note that the keywords here are "judging", and "best to end", although it's not even a begining yet.

2. how do we know that they will suffer for the rest of their lives due to the informaties without even giving them a chance to come to this world ? as we are the ones always say: "future hard to say mah", a few good examples: steven hawkings, stevie wonders, etc

just a few slight thoughts:

1. who are we to judge whether it is best to take away their lives or it is best to end their sufferings when we know they will be born informaties. note that the keywords here are "judging", and "best to end", although it's not even a begining yet.

2. how do we know that they will suffer for the rest of their lives due to the informaties without even giving them a chance to come to this world ? as we are the ones always say: "future hard to say mah", a few good examples: steven hawkings, stevie wonders, etc

Yeah Admin, your right. Nobody has any right to "judge" and nobody has any right to "end anyones life" even if it is the you that gives birth to that life. However it seems to me this about having a bit of control over the situation. People abort because they are given a choice to do so and it is their perrogative as to whether to keep the child or not. However, this all depends on the discretion of the person involved.

it's true also.. but then fr da time being, these r juz my thoughts la...

Well.. let me tell u what i know abt abortion..

According to the medical law, abortion is legal in this 4 condition (which i think it is reasonable too)

a) Therapeutic - if the mother is suffering from a disease or in the process of delivery of the child will harm the life of the mother.

cool.gif eugenic - if the baby borned with any congenital abnormalities which maybe due to the drugs, expose of x-rays, radiation etc

c) Humanitarian - in the condition when a girl is raped

d) social - exclusive for married couples due to failure of contraceptive.

em, i think every mothers will only give the best to their children.. wish them to live happily n healthy. so if u cant make it.. u wont give the life to them, right? what for bringing the sad n regret on them oo.. hehe, just my own opinion. cool.gifbaby.gif

i dont know what to say here...

if i am diagnosed that i'm pregnant.. i will seek for help...

it is not my decision to abort or not to abort.. i need to see what situation i am in...

anyway.. i really dont know wat to say..

or maybe i'm too scared i guess.. sad.gif

I agree with gracee's opinions. Its is reasonable.

u only can abort a baby in that 4 condition... anything besides that, all r illegal lo. And oral contraceptive pills got 99% protection against having a baby. so feel safe abt it arh. hehe..

if ur not ready 2 be a parent better u abort it...i know it's cruel but it's even more cruel when u born the child out but abandon it

If i get pregnant, i wont go for abortion. I think that's my baby, it's a life. Can u imagine u are killing someone? It's a nightmare for me, so no way, i'll definately save my baby and get marry. Somehow, it really has to depends on your age. My advise is always have safety sex!!!

Why dont u have safe sex instead of not ready for a baby? It's very cruel!!! I will save my baby, it's a life, i cant imagine i kill someone, it's a nightmare...

it depends on situation.how the financial situation and what is the guy who make you pregnant gonna do.

i have a Korean friend in Cali is suffering this prob now.. but she's gonna abort it next week.. so worry for her now .. crybaby.gif but who ask the bf useless.. but she always defend the bf one.. haihhh stupid

dry.gifdry.gifdry.gifdry.gifdry.gif TOUCHWOOD TOUCHWOOD

DAI GA LAI SI... CHOI CHOI CHOI blink.gifblink.gifunsure.gifunsure.gif

Mmm... get marriage lo... can not kill my baby ge ma right? MY BABY WOR..

aborting is very "jit tor ge la" dun ever try it n got those idea in mind. becareful revenge lo. i read some article, dun main main, real story

i always ve safety sex...ive a fren who juz abortion last few months....ei...so scary...after tat she look realy 'chan' and when she tell me how to abort... fear.gif but then i ve 2 frens who get married becuz of having baby...but they r suffering now....they dun ve a nice wedding...reant cheap cheap wedding gown...ve wedding dinner in normal restaurant...de mose important is they dun ve de money to but milk or watever to give de baby??? then de daddy always come back late...playing mah jong in hs..smoking everywhere...then i c their child already know how to play lighter n talk rude words? then wat for they keep de child?