Level of Education of Your Partner

Level of Education of Your Partner  

91 members have voted

1. 1. He/She has to have at least...

• M.B.A.
    • degree
    • some college
    • finished high school
    • not important at all because after all, Bill Gates is a college-dropout too!

for both guys and girls, is the level of education of your partner important? does he has to have at least a degree or some college rather being a school dropout? does she has to finish at least secondary school or has at least M.B.A.?

Well i guess a degree ,to be on par with me :)

Well i guess a degree ,to be on par with me :)

Second for that. Be on par with me!

no need to be that educated. finish spm also good enough. what's the use for all the studies if the attitude is terrible. so long got a good heart and humble that will do. :)

I'm an on and off again (horrible) undergraduate.

So...um...that's a tough choice to make.

But, yeah, I guess a degree would be nice. At least I know he made it through tertiary education :D

Study high high but if attitude kanasai also no use...

Study high high but if attitude kanasai also no use...

LoL! agree... agree... :clapclap:

i know this is going to be sounding a little snobbish but.

i won't go out with someone who was not educated overseas with at least a degree.

my ex i met here in sydney but he didn't finish his degree and he was 4 yrs older than me. can i just say that was a complete turn off.

a really good friend who is a doctor went out with a uni drop out and we were all very very against the relationship. simply because in future there will undoubtedly be alot of problems what more her partner was a typical bloke who wanted the final say in EVERYTHING that she did. like she couldn't go out if he went out with the boys on the weekend?

i won't go out with someone who was not educated overseas with at least a degree.

my ex i met here in sydney but he didn't finish his degree and he was 4 yrs older than me. can i just say that was a complete turn off.

a really good friend who is a doctor went out with a uni drop out and we were all very very against the relationship. simply because in future there will undoubtedly be alot of problems what more her partner was a typical bloke who wanted the final say in EVERYTHING that she did. like she couldn't go out if he went out with the boys on the weekend?

Hmm true, the problem of going out with someone who is not as educated as you is that you have nothing much in common conversation wise ... I hope i don't sound too snobbish as well :P

I feel comfy with my bf as we are both in the medical field , my friends thinks that we are very cute as we sometimes discuss diseases and drugs over dinner haha. I feel thankful that i met my bf :)

So girls and guys would you prefer your bf/gf to be studying/working in the same field as well?

LoL! what if he ended up making billion of dollars just like Bill Gates?

Hmm true, the problem of going out with someone who is not as educated as you is that you have nothing much in common conversation wise ... I hope i don't sound too snobbish as well :P

I feel comfy with my bf as we are both in the medical field , my friends thinks that we are very cute as we sometimes discuss diseases and drugs over dinner haha. I feel thankful that i met my bf :)

So girls and guys would you prefer your bf/gf to be studying/working in the same field as well?

Hmm, I wouldn't say its a matter of preference, but I suppose if you have a partner who's studying/working in the same field, then I think it will be easier for your partner to understand what you're going through, be it in your studies or in your working field..

I used to think of not wanting to be with someone who doesn't have at least a degree. But now to think of it, having a degree doesn't mean much, it just means that u have an extra piece of paper given to you.

Most important for me is he should be a hardworking guy. If he has a degree and not liking to work at all, what's the point? who wants to live in poverty?

My dad doesn't have a degree and he is doing extremely well.... so there goes! :P not to say we're super rich, but we're doing good.

Edited by Shazzac

my bf has an mba n now on the way getting his phd.ive a degree and i think it matters that your love one at least has edu on par or highes esp guys.they have insecurity prob later on...and cert is not a paper; there are ppl who tries to study but cant make it because they lack of something: responsibility, ahem maybe abit of iq or just plain lazy...shazzac you r lucky to have a great dad...not many ppl can make it without qualification u know

Edited by kimmie

LoL! what if he ended up making billion of dollars just like Bill Gates?

and the chances of this happening is???? like 0.001%

I used to think of not wanting to be with someone who doesn't have at least a degree. But now to think of it, having a degree doesn't mean much, it just means that u have an extra piece of paper given to you.

Most important for me is he should be a hardworking guy. If he has a degree and not liking to work at all, what's the point? who wants to live in poverty?

My dad doesn't have a degree and he is doing extremely well.... so there goes! :P not to say we're super rich, but we're doing good.

please note the paper is not "given" to you. its extremely hard work getting through uni! what more being able to be admitted to a reputable uni and the sacrifices parents will go through to make sure you have that education.

i agree that a hardworking guy is vital....but look at it this way. my ex was given so much money n time for his education but he chose to gamble it away (literally) so no he is just a complete jerk.

also.....alot of our parents didn't have a degree and all that but times have changed too. so many positions require you to have some form of education.

at this day and age where education is easily available i dont think anyone should decide to not study.

thats my firm believe though.

Edited by sass_o

i wont go out with any girl who pass her spm...

I only have a diploma but all of my ex (and current gf) all have at least a degree. Too bad, I can't afford a degree, *sigh* but to me, that piece of paper really isn't important for me. Then again, it's just me and my plain 'ol laid back self speaking here.

and the chances of this happening is???? like 0.001%

please note the paper is not "given" to you. its extremely hard work getting through uni! what more being able to be admitted to a reputable uni and the sacrifices parents will go through to make sure you have that education.

i agree that a hardworking guy is vital....but look at it this way. my ex was given so much money n time for his education but he chose to gamble it away (literally) so no he is just a complete jerk.

also.....alot of our parents didn't have a degree and all that but times have changed too. so many positions require you to have some form of education.

at this day and age where education is easily available i dont think anyone should decide to not study.

thats my firm believe though.

i totally agree with u! nowadays even a clerk needs at least a diploma..we are not competiting locally but globally now.we are in era; open market...

I only have a diploma but all of my ex (and current gf) all have at least a degree. Too bad, I can't afford a degree, *sigh* but to me, that piece of paper really isn't important for me. Then again, it's just me and my plain 'ol laid back self speaking here.

if there is a will then there is a way...in ur current position the best thing is to work ur way up and have a managerial/supervisor position for at least 5 years? then continue masters...because nowadays dip and degree holder get paid almost the same...so dont waste ur money and time....and finance prob? get a loan or pay installment loh

His education level is not that important to me. As long as he is having a good job, a good pay and good personality, that'd be enough for me. ;)

yes, i would definitely prefer my bf to be in same field with me. both me and my bf r medical student now and we do share a lot of thing . we discuss about patients, about the finding of certain disease, about the lecture's content, how to poke the needle to the vein, how to examine the patients, and a lot more. we got a lot in common to chat with. it is definitely hard for me to talk all these thing to other guys who is not in the same field, as he would get bored and ran off very soon.ahaha

n i know there's lots of guy who doesn't want his gf to be of higher status than he is. it's also very hard for me to get a bf that is from other field as they will scared of my so-called "Dr" in front of my name. that's wat i'm facing now....they all run away n stop approaching after knowing i'm a medical student :crybaby:

i wont go out with any girl who pass her spm...

any girl who go out with you must FAIL their SPM? LoL! I can see why you're called 'ant'...

yes, i would definitely prefer my bf to be in same field with me. both me and my bf r medical student now and we do share a lot of thing . we discuss about patients, about the finding of certain disease, about the lecture's content, how to poke the needle to the vein, how to examine the patients, and a lot more. we got a lot in common to chat with. it is definitely hard for me to talk all these thing to other guys who is not in the same field, as he would get bored and ran off very soon.ahaha

n i know there's lots of guy who doesn't want his gf to be of higher status than he is. it's also very hard for me to get a bf that is from other field as they will scared of my so-called "Dr" in front of my name. that's wat i'm facing now....they all run away n stop approaching after knowing i'm a medical student :crybaby:

LOL yeah i agree with ya on that..... i'm a pharmacy student and my bf is doing med .We kinda complete each other :) It feels good to be able to rant to him about my day at the hospital or just discuss treatment plan for my patient with him. If my bf were doing something else.. he wouldn't really know what the hell i'm talking about.

any girl who go out with you must FAIL their SPM? LoL! I can see why you're called 'ant'...

ahahah i think wat he meant is he wont go with a gal with just spm level isnt that rite ant?