Sign in to follow this  
whit3puppy

Period Pain..

so, only 1 box per month, right?

shouldn't take pills too often, it will spoilt your kidney, i have friend the pills doesn't work for her and she has to inject everytime when her menses... poor her

especially the pink color pills from panadol, not sure what is the site effect after taking it.

all pills have effects on your kidney and liver. please be aware of them. it is through the liver and kidney when the pills are consumed that the body is given stumulants that will reduce pain.

wat i mean is when ur body gets the panadol the liver will convert it into some form of pain killer. =_= thats wat i think la if not mistaken. from scientific point of view haha... sry if got mistake k

just opinion

Ok here's my home remedy

Ginger (tumbuk nicely on the pestle mortar - the stone thingy la)

Eggs (2 biji)

1) Boil water in cooking pan

2) put in ginger and cook for like 5 mins

3) put in eggs (already beaten up in bowl) and stir till cook.

4) add in salt to taste.

sure the pain will hilang cz ginger heat up body.

try putting a hot water bottole on ur stomach.

Can also 'perah' fresh ginger juice n drink..works for me...my mum does that for me everytime the pain becomes unbearabla...luckily old adi, the pain went from the front to the back..so now always back ache when my period wants to come..

Calcium & magnesium or EPO will help... smile.gif

Vita A & E will help in heavy period...

Ok here's my home remedy

Ginger (tumbuk nicely on the pestle mortar - the stone thingy la)

Eggs (2 biji)

1) Boil water in cooking pan

2) put in ginger and cook for like 5 mins

3) put in eggs (already beaten up in bowl) and stir till cook.

4) add in salt to taste.

sure the pain will hilang cz ginger heat up body.

this is very interesting.. might try it the next time i get cramps.. but how much ginger to use ar? and how much water?

this is very interesting.. might try it the next time i get cramps.. but how much ginger to use ar? and how much water?

Ok usually, i use about

2 inches of ginger (if u scared that too spicy) ( i sometimes use more.. wah very hot)

Water: i use about 2 mugs of water (those normal Milo mugs you get free from buying a tin of 2kg milo)

actually for me, it's quite yummy when drink. If u go overseas and weather is cold, can use this also. keep u warm.

Calcium & magnesium or EPO will help... smile.gif

Vita A & E will help in heavy period...

Wah u so lucky, i took EPO for 1 1/2 yr but the pain still the same. no difference one. same goes for the vitamin stuff. so i stop already.

i always have super painful period...i have to swallow ponstan immediately after the blood start to come out. if not i will suffer, rolling on the bed like want to die.that's why i carry ponstan everywhere i go. but only for first day of periodlah.

the other day, i saw an article.......for menses pain, can start drinking camomile tea a few days before menses starts and this can help to soothe your pain during menses.

but for me, i've been eating Bak Fung Yuen for some time now, and touch wood, so far no pain during menses.... smile.gif

the other day, i saw an article.......for menses pain, can start drinking camomile tea a few days before menses starts and this can help to soothe your pain during menses.

but for me, i've been eating Bak Fung Yuen for some time now, and touch wood, so far no pain during menses.... smile.gif

Yeah, eating Bak Fung Yuen is a solution. It stops the pain after I eat it, the pain will start again in the particular month that I forgot to eat it.

Shazzac's home remedy sounds nice, and quite delicious too... rolleyes.gif But... I wonder how am I going to make the drink, when I'm in great pain until my whole body also don't have strength to move? tongue.gif

well thats true, all drugs have effects whether.. and normally once u send da your body out of sync, sorta like sending da moon off orbit.. its not easy to get it back into sync..

ermm.. da default orbit or menstrual cycle is 28 days however if u take it and stop for a few months when u wanna start having period again it might be irregular or might not come like normal anymore...

or maybe might take some time for it to get back to normal..

=) if you nid further info dont hesitate to mail me.. admin.projectexon@gmail.com

or msn me exon24@gbsecurity.zzn.com (psst.. pls tell me who you are if you add me and where u got my add from)

if u are wondering, no i am not a gynae neither do i study med however, i know quite abit bout all these stuff hahaz...

The minute you know you gonna get your period, its best to take medication immediately... whether its pills, or herbal stuff... Because once the pain comes, very hard to subside. Also, if you're staying alone - a bit hard to get up & take pills/make soups once the pain comes..

I go thru it every month. Feel like dying each time. If my mum is around, she'll put the hot pack on my tummy. Otherwise, I just take 2 Panadols & sleep... And for me, its not just the tummy but also backache & leg cramps. Like i said, Feel Like Dying each time!

Practising yoga can help easing period pain. Other than that, pak foong pills and the chinese herb call 'pat chan' are also good. Everything fails, then put a hot water pack on the tummy.

Anyone knows if there's any side effects to taking those medication to stop period pain? When I get the pain, I will usually take medication (something like Panadol). Any side effects? :unsure:

I think the most obvious side effect is being immune to that medication. In the long run, you will need a stronger medication to stop the pain. But then again, if u dun take medication (for those who experience really really painful cramps) will probably feel like dying (like me).

i only get period cramps if i drink iced water often...but only for the first day.. ^_^

so i try to cut down my intake of cold drinks..but the weather hot ma....

i dont take any medication cause i dont want to be dependent on it...

but damm painful ohh... i have the misfortune to get it during school day once...very cham woo..

Again...evening primrose oil...EPO- :P This is taken daily and not during menstruating ya.....because it is not a painkiller......rich in GLA fatty acid i think....oh well actually it helps to reduce other PMS symptoms such as bloating, headaches, whatever......it works to certain extent.... :)

Exercising helps too....

If you are experiencing SUPER painful periods....like indescribable, abnormal, excruciating pain....prolly should go check for endometriosis..... one of my frens actually had this....... i think her pain doubles ours.... :blink: