Sign in to follow this  
Lexy

Salon recommendations at MidValley

Anyone can recommend a place to get a hair cut without busting a hole in my purse? I'm thinking around 45-60 ringgit?

You mean only in Mid Valley? Well, if its out of MV, you can choose places like Pikaboo either in Tmn Tun or The Curve. only RM 55.

My stylist's salon at 7th Floor at Sogo is very good. And its cheaper inclusive wash cut blow. I have been sticking with her for like 7 years. Her name is Jacklyn. She is very skillful. She learned it in HK. So I got no choice even though I stay in Subang...still take a train to her salon for haircut. Now she is my friend liao since we know each other so long.

Edited by jaylow

Well preferably in Midvalley although I think at the asking price, that's like trying to find a leprechaun in the Bahamas.

Wow Sogo eh? What time does her salon close? Where on the 7th floor?

Jantzen in Mid Valley is good. But they are charging different prices for weekdays and weekends. Weekends are much more expensive. The salon near carrefoure is much cheaper. Not sure about the outcome. I went to ask about their digital perm price before and it is much cheaper than anywhere else. However, the guy who I asked keep coming closer and closer to me although I backed off. It turned me off so I did not go to that salon

Well due to heavy rain and my meeting was scheduled to be at Amcorp, I visited Chezz Studio.

For RM 62, I'd say the service was good but they got to stop trying to make people look like they didn't comb their hair in the morning. I also happen to notice something: The latest hair styles are all about looking like mangy, messy dogs - what is up with THAT? How on Earth am I going to be taken seriously walking in to the clients office with 6,000 lbs of hair spray in my hair but STILL looking like an extra on Star Trek Returns?

Anyway, I went for a trim and the stylist thought my natural waves were nice and didn't want to blow the hair straight, so she used some big contraption to blow upwards from end to roots. Used lots of hair styling stuff. And then of course, I looked like I REALLY needed a hairdo after that. Nevertheless, my call came through and my appointment was shifted to Bangsar so I cringed in horror as I walked into the cafe with my Vegetable Seller coif. Luckily for me, my partners were kindly and just smiled as I kept trying to comb out the disaster on my head.

Now that I have washed it all out and used a simple milk serum, my hair has gained some normalcy and the layers and waves look all right.

Otherswise I'd just go out and buy a floppy hat!

i seriously had bad baddd experience at jantzen mid valley today.. first off they let a junior to wash my hair.. he was very rough and when i complaint that he was too rough he just laugh it off... and then they cut my hair wrongly... and when paying at the counter i asked the lady at the counter why there are 2 prices for wash and cut which is rm60 and rm48 and above? was asking what it means.. she answered me rather coldly saying that its just a price... she didn't even look at me.. i was meaning to ask if there a membership to get that kinda price ....

i personally do not recommend this salon to anyone!!! i'm still quite angry at how they manage the salon... i can get good hair wash at a chepaer salon and they take good care of me.. and when i went off some of them gather at the counter looking at me going off as if saying something bad about me... i dont know but its not a good marketing strategy... DO NOT GO TO JANTZEN MID VALLEY!!!

anyone out there have similar experience at this particular salon?!!! Edited by dayung

I went to Jantzen Midvalley few years back....their service really so so....and charges not cheap as well...alot of junior stylist who not well trained....

On 9/14/2010 at 0:56 AM, dayung said:

i seriously had bad baddd experience at jantzen mid valley today.. first off they let a junior to wash my hair.. he was very rough and when i complaint that he was too rough he just laugh it off... and then they cut my hair wrongly... and when paying at the counter i asked the lady at the counter why there are 2 prices for wash and cut which is rm60 and rm48 and above? was asking what it means.. she answered me rather coldly saying that its just a price... she didn't even look at me.. i was meaning to ask if there a membership to get that kinda price ....

i personally do not recommend this salon to anyone!!! i'm still quite angry at how they manage the salon... i can get good hair wash at a chepaer salon and they take good care of me.. and when i went off some of them gather at the counter looking at me going off as if saying something bad about me... i dont know but its not a good marketing strategy... DO NOT GO TO JANTZEN MID VALLEY!!!

anyone out there have similar experience at this particular salon?!!!

How u feeling now ?