Sign in to follow this  
fluene

Spare tyre

QUOTE (redtomato @ Jul 28 2006, 01:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
somehow I wish I dont have to do it though.esp when I am wearing a skirt.

QUOTE (licole @ Jul 28 2006, 03:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i don't think i manage to change it myself..
so just asking someone to help me do it for me...
i have one experience on the road, but i keep driving it till the petrol station and ask the workers there to change for me...
erm...actually cannot keep driving when the tayar is flat but....sigh, it's pass anyway...haha....

aileen, i really admire u that u can change it yourself...
that's mission impossible for me... happy.gif

For me, I will also drive to the petrol station or somewhere brighter to change it rather than changing it by the side of the road. Some idiot driver might crash into you (like happened to one Pastor in Seremban by the NS Highway) My dad alwiz tell me to put something like warning triangle out if by the highway. Got once I changed his car tyre with him near Nilai exit by the highway. Thankfully it was daytime. Somemore its near the exit from the Elite highway (Northbound) summore.

QUOTE (aileenchong @ Jul 28 2006, 01:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i had flat tyre twice in a yr and i oso change it by myself.. i found out only when i reach home, although both my dad and bro re mechanics but they refuse to help me ranting.gif they insist me to change it myself so that next time if happen at the road side then i can handle myself sad.gif so i was sweating carry the spare tyre from the boot and my bro just stand and see me do, my dad continue watch his hong kong drama

aileen what car you drive?? luckily mine is Kenari so I can even play "basketball" with the tyre and throw in the air, but my dad's Unser (Toyota's MPV)..... btw, dun think your dad and bro are mechanics they can help you. Some mechanic dunno how to use the basic tools in our car. They only know how to use their electric bolt opener (the one with a loud sound) and their hydraulic jacks (the one with 4 little wheels and long handle that they place under your car and pump pump pump and then just press one button to release)

QUOTE (jvcpcv55 @ Jul 29 2006, 08:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Stand on the handle..... i always do tat Just make sure you hold on to the car body

QUOTE (Aikzhou a.k.a IcEy @ Nov 21 2006, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, CYBER! I do agree with you.. tongue.gif

Anyway, ladies, you should get those 1ton (RM30-50 each) hydraulic jacks so its way easier to jack up the car for tyre change. Also, for those nuts tighten by air-guns, I suggest you get a nut open like this type --> + so you can take of your shoes and step on it and jump like crazy on it so the nut will loosen (make sure you don't turn it the wrong way or it'll only tighten up more!).. oh.. before i forget.. ladies that is less than 45kg.. I think you will have a hard time jumping on the cross nut-opener .. you girls are just too light!! tongue.gif

Or the best solution if you are stuck in Klang/P.J/Subang area, you can always give me a ring! The charge? Only a cuppa yummy Ultimate Icemocha at Coffee Bean. Hehehe tongue.gif

Another way is to keep a long metal pipe in your car. That will go with your "L-shape" nut opener supplied to most cars. Fit the pipe over the nut opener after you put the opener in the nut. The longer length gives more strength and when you jump on it, will be easier (principle of leverage, for those of you who studied Physics should understand). My parents always keep a pipe in their car. It also doubles up as an effective weapon to road bullies and just anyone you wanna kill.

QUOTE (icednyior @ Jun 11 2008, 03:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Changed spare tyre for my mom all the time (lucky so far only twice). She was driving a Honda CRV summore. THe tires are seriously really HEAVY! Anyway, its quite easy la. the leceh part is jacking the car coz I only got the manual jack. I changed the car tyre twice on a CRV and once on a Honda City.

Frens call me the official honda car tyre changer ( sleep.gif ; )

everyone should learn how lah. If you're stuck in the middle of nowhr (like a lonely highway) who's going to change the tires for you?

clapping.gif