Sign in to follow this  
Yuji

Hokkien Mee

bcoz it's soooooooooooo good that ppl willing to pay the difference and it's worth that difference :P

This store really can fried delicious Hokkien Mee????

must try one day..

btw r they serve a big portion of food?

for the black black mee or so called tai lok mee, my parents love the old CHOW YANG at ss2 :P

for the REAL prawn mee/hokkien mee, i can recommend in Penang..

the one in Pulau tikus is the best!! starts at 630am closes at 9am.. be there before 830 to grab one bowl :P

there is one more in the mainland-BM .. where it is at Permatang Tinggi housing area. Not too bad..

In BM Town, there is one more behind On-Cost Car Accessories near Taman Sentosa, one is DRY PRawn Mee, not bad.. and the other one is Hokkien Prawn mee which they use Pork to cook their soup.. YUMMY too! :P

For PJ area, the best I could remember would be the SS2 food court area, dont quite remember which stall number, if i am not mistaken is no. 54. They also sell Jawa Mee too. But I prefer their prawn mee.. quite close to PG taste :P

hahahaha

:whistling:

Pulau Tikus one yea!!

I also like the one in Macalister Road and *forgot the place name, it's past Kek Lok Si, using old way to go the other side of penang one... some secluded area, got dang nice prawn mee! But I usually eat the one near my place in Tg Bungah market.

Mee Udang Teluk Kumbar tried before? Malay style, dry type, large prawns. yummy!

Pulau Tikus one yea!!

I also like the one in Macalister Road and *forgot the place name, it's past Kek Lok Si, using old way to go the other side of penang one... some secluded area, got dang nice prawn mee! But I usually eat the one near my place in Tg Bungah market.

Mee Udang Teluk Kumbar tried before? Malay style, dry type, large prawns. yummy!

I read in newspaper best hokkien mee (prawn mee) in Penang at Sin Lee Hin Coffee Shop near Tanjung Bungah bus stop somewhere around Tanjung Bungah wet market.

Can you explain where is that? What is the street name? I want to go there and try.

I read in newspaper best hokkien mee (prawn mee) in Penang at Sin Lee Hin Coffee Shop near Tanjung Bungah bus stop somewhere around Tanjung Bungah wet market.

Can you explain where is that? What is the street name? I want to go there and try.

i dont really remember the coffee shop's name but if its near tg bungah bus stop and market, then it shud be one of the coffeeshops there, somewhat close to the CIMB building/apartment. no street name cos its along the main road of tg bungah.

i dont really remember the coffee shop's name but if its near tg bungah bus stop and market, then it shud be one of the coffeeshops there, somewhat close to the CIMB building/apartment. no street name cos its along the main road of tg bungah.

Is that mean if I follow the road to Batu Feringgi I can see it?

yea u can see the cimb building

but the coffee shop could be the one by the side of the building.. the inner side, near the back there :P or jz right next to the building .. hehe

EDIT : i jz noticed that the cimb branch at this building already closed down :X

Edited by mannchyun

yea u can see the cimb building

but the coffee shop could be the one by the side of the building.. the inner side, near the back there :P or jz right next to the building .. hehe

Is this the one you mention?

tanjung3bp2.th.jpg

hahah must that one kua. since u're searching for that coffee shop right? this is one by the side of the building nearer to the end, facing the abandon bus stop.

Jln Imbi is the best but A bit dirty.....

Another is around Desa, Come from Sg Buloh to FRIM, in the middle of the main round there is a small road to turn in Desa in left hand side, after you turn in the kopitiam is just at your right hand side. The mee is nice but have to wait like hell....

I went there with my bf family and wait around 45 mins <_<<_< , even I can angry or juz go back coz his family were there..... So so so hungry at that time....

But a bit pricy compare to other.. If not mistaken, is RM 7.50 for single.

Edited by tarrytng

eh, hokkien mee in diff states are diff stuffs.

in penang, hokkien mee is actually prawn mee.

in kl, hokkien mee is the black noodles.

in singapore, hokkien mee is fried prawn mee.

Roadside stalls around Raja Uda and Wai Sek Kai at Chai Leng Park ... Problem is there are sooooooooooo many stalls. :blink:

The one behind Tawakal hospital at Bulatan Pahang (Setapak).

Also serves very nice fish cake ! yum yum !

Pulau Tikus one yea!!

I like the Hokkien mee in 3rd Street (Sa Tiao Lor) in the morning, like the soup there.

And yes teluk kumbar malay style, prawn darn big man.... yummy, i like the cholesterol-friend prawn head juices.

yea,yea the malay stall @ teluk kumbar prawn mee is the best thumbsup.gif
as for the soup version prawn mee,i like the 5th street market ones,selling @ nite only.
its very cheap,rm 2 per bowl and got many small little prawns swiming in its soup laughing.gif