Tampons or Pads??

which one do u use?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. which one do u use?

• tampons
    • pads
    • both

i use pads all the times..

tried tampon & didnt really like the feel..

if you feel, you are not using it right. a tampon cannot cause cancer, unless you put it like more than 8 hours or you start to see blood stain on the small rope and still wearing it.

to people who are scared of tampon, if you are a virgin to a tampon, don't buy a non-applicator tampon, like O.B. . I use slimfit and it's easy as hell. and no it doesnt make me rupture my hymen or make my vagina big. that's pure myth. do some research before start believing all the stories from emails.

for me that has to resort to overnight-type pad, a pad is troublesome if you keep on having to exchange it every 2 hours during heavy flow and the thought of 'leaking' as well, keep on trying adjusting the pad, this and that. wear ur tampon, and then wear a pad, and change it every 4 hours during heavy flow and every 8 hours during medium flow.

remember, if you ever feel the discomfort of wearing a tampon, you are not wearing it right.

Edited by eviexx

I'm going to redang soon and I'm afraid my period will come that time. I'm thinking whether to use tampons anot.. rather than waste my money go there but cannot join all the water activities... I haven use any tampons before and I'm scared that it might slipped off when I'm in the water...

any advice?

sobs!! same goes to me. im going redang in a few days time and my period is unfortunately expected to come around this time as well. sigh... and i ve never use tampon before. afraid that the first time i use, it might just slip off :( or that it is painful? sigh..

if you feel, you are not using it right. a tampon cannot cause cancer, unless you put it like more than 8 hours or you start to see blood stain on the small rope and still wearing it.

to people who are scared of tampon, if you are a virgin to a tampon, don't buy a non-applicator tampon, like O.B. . I use slimfit and it's easy as hell. and no it doesnt make me rupture my hymen or make my vagina big. that's pure myth. do some research before start believing all the stories from emails.

for me that has to resort to overnight-type pad, a pad is troublesome if you keep on having to exchange it every 2 hours during heavy flow and the thought of 'leaking' as well, keep on trying adjusting the pad, this and that. wear ur tampon, and then wear a pad, and change it every 4 hours during heavy flow and every 8 hours during medium flow.

remember, if you ever feel the discomfort of wearing a tampon, you are not wearing it right.

But i think in Msia O.B is more "popular" right? seems that most of the watsons or guardians are selling it. where can i get the slimfit? sorry T.T im noob in these...haha

i used both but prefer tampons.no mess as compare to using pads.hard to find unbleached cotton tampons in malaysia X.X

so m using playtex.dont like OB

sobs!! same goes to me. im going redang in a few days time and my period is unfortunately expected to come around this time as well. sigh... and i ve never use tampon before. afraid that the first time i use, it might just slip off :( or that it is painful? sigh..

But i think in Msia O.B is more "popular" right? seems that most of the watsons or guardians are selling it. where can i get the slimfit? sorry T.T im noob in these...haha

first,tampon cannot slip off from ur body.ur vagina will hold it in place.and no,wearing a tampon is not painful,u need to relax ur muscle

u can get Slimfit from guardian or watsons too.is actually one of Playtex tampons ranges.In malaysia,u generally have both slimfits and gentle glide

http://www.playtexproductsinc.com/femcare/

gentleGlide_pair_image.jpg

517S024H3QL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Edited by d3vil doll

I'm back! and yes, my period came when i went to redang. Sobs! which results to me buying Playtex tampons.

And it is scaarry! my 1st attempt failed..haha and after a few tries then only i succeeded in putting it in.

Okay..and my experience...

it is really painful and i dont really feel quite right, perhaps im quite nervous and scared which caused the pain.

or is it i didn insert in that deep? when im walking after inserting, it just feels some kind of feeling.Dont know if i too nervous and kept thinking about it or not.

But other than that, it is good. i can swim and play water as i like =) without disturbance at all.hehe

Thanx d3vil doll for the information ^^

I'm back! and yes, my period came when i went to redang. Sobs! which results to me buying Playtex tampons.

And it is scaarry! my 1st attempt failed..haha and after a few tries then only i succeeded in putting it in.

Okay..and my experience...

it is really painful and i dont really feel quite right, perhaps im quite nervous and scared which caused the pain.

or is it i didn insert in that deep? when im walking after inserting, it just feels some kind of feeling.Dont know if i too nervous and kept thinking about it or not.

But other than that, it is good. i can swim and play water as i like =) without disturbance at all.hehe

Thanx d3vil doll for the information ^^

angeliclynn: glad to hear that u have fun @ redang and that ur period didnt stop u from having fun :)

no,u shouldnt be feeling anything when ur wearing tampons even if ur walking.yea,chances are u didnt insert it far enough.next time,after application,pull at the string til u can feel some resistance on ur wall.and it helps when ur relax and comfortable.many woman find its easier to insert a tampons either by placing one leg on the toilet bowl while others find squating easier.really its up to ur preferance .

for me,i always take a deep breath,make myself comfortable before wearing one and it doesnt hurt even a tiny bit,even my first time using playtex..

Well, I don't agree with the "if you can feel the tampon you're wearing it wrong". I personally am very familiar with how to use tampons and when I was doing competitive swimming had to use it many times, but I could ALWAYS feel it. I was in Australia so there is no shortage of those teaching how to use tampons, and it's commonly used there.

I had a few other friends who also can always feel tampons, just that some prefer the convenience so choose to ignore it.

Of course some people can feel the tampon - as it is a solid thing inside you and the outside of that solid thing is rough texture, it gets in the way of your internal muscle when you are moving and therefore you can feel that there's something inside. There's some conjecture that using tampon can also cause more cramps because of the muscles contracting against the solid matter.

Not to mention when you pull it out, I hate that "scraping" feeling.

I hv no confidence in using tampon, not sure how shud i insert...worry..

look @ the products direction for use.theyre illustrated so u have a clearer picture.the key in wearing one is to breathe and relax

its easier to wear than u think

go for one with applicator if ur a first time user.eg the brands like Playtex

if ur worry about leaking,choose tampoons according to ur flow.its important u choose the right absorbency type tampoons for ur menstrual flow

u can also use panty liners when using tampons for a more secure feeling

its eesential u change ur tampons every 4 hours too

Well, I don't agree with the "if you can feel the tampon you're wearing it wrong". I personally am very familiar with how to use tampons and when I was doing competitive swimming had to use it many times, but I could ALWAYS feel it. I was in Australia so there is no shortage of those teaching how to use tampons, and it's commonly used there.

I had a few other friends who also can always feel tampons, just that some prefer the convenience so choose to ignore it.

Of course some people can feel the tampon - as it is a solid thing inside you and the outside of that solid thing is rough texture, it gets in the way of your internal muscle when you are moving and therefore you can feel that there's something inside. There's some conjecture that using tampon can also cause more cramps because of the muscles contracting against the solid matter.

Not to mention when you pull it out, I hate that "scraping" feeling.

Yeah! Totally agrees with the 'scarping' feeling.. T.T inserting time was pretty scary but after a long journey all the way to Redang with my bf and friends, im not letting it goooo..still gonna have fun so still go on with it. Almost gave up thou during my 1st try but when think of the Sea, aiyah..still have to la..haha.

Then..After having fun, time to remove it..Scarrryyyy! Haha not sure if i gonna try it again but i still have some left so probably will finish it up =)

D3vil doll : Really thx alot for the advise! will try ur way and see how it works :P

Yeah! Totally agrees with the 'scarping' feeling.. T.T inserting time was pretty scary but after a long journey all the way to Redang with my bf and friends, im not letting it goooo..still gonna have fun so still go on with it. Almost gave up thou during my 1st try but when think of the Sea, aiyah..still have to la..haha.

Then..After having fun, time to remove it..Scarrryyyy! Haha not sure if i gonna try it again but i still have some left so probably will finish it up =)

D3vil doll : Really thx alot for the advise! will try ur way and see how it works :P

yr welcome.. :)

try then let me know yea?

somtimes the scraping feeling ahppens when the tampons isnt soak with much blood..so theres friction happens

yr welcome.. :)

try then let me know yea?

somtimes the scraping feeling ahppens when the tampons isnt soak with much blood..so theres friction happens

Yup i guess to. Haha probably will try it the next time my period come and leave my comment here ^^

Yup i guess to. Haha probably will try it the next time my period come and leave my comment here ^^

okies then..waiting for ur reviews :)

Hey there, I am kinda new here. I just tried using tampons and it was sooooo unbelievably comfortable! I am a virgin but inserting the tampon was no problem at all. Maybe it was bacause I was quite relaxed. A friend introduced me to playtex and I used that brand. I feel so liberated because there is no uncomfortable feeling at all. And no need to worry about leakage or that bulky pampers like feeling either! When inserting, just follow the instructions on the box. It should not hurt at all. If you remove it when it's full, it hould not scrape either. It just glides out. I was nervous the first time so my friend asked me to apply KY jelly on the applicator for easy insertion and it helped. I had no pain or difficulty at all. <3

Hi everyone,

I've used this sanitary napkin during my confinement month which introduce by a friend of mine. It is a good sanitary napkin compare with the maternity pad. At first, i saw my friend do to me the demo it can absord up to a cup of water and the top layer still dry. Then i used it for the whole month and i still continue to used it every of my period since it is not expensive compare to the normal brand in the hypermarket. The thing that i never think before is the normal brand is made from bleached and recycled paper which may cause rashes, inflammation and even Urinary Tract Infections (UTI).

The benefit of this sanitary napkin is it used material is 100% safety and the Anion strip which can help to: [list=1][*]Reduce Stress[*]Treating Inflammation[*]Strengthening Immunity[*]Enhances Hormonal Balance[*]Removing Fatigue[*]Enhances Metabolism[*]Eradicate Odour[*]Eliminating Harmful Bacteria
[img]http://www.malaysiabrides.com/forum/style_images/christmasnow/img-resized.png[/img] Reduced: 81% of original size [ 625 x 297 ] - Click to view full image[img]http://images04.olx.sg/ui/4/31/55/66852655_2-Love-Moon-Anion-Sanitary-Napkins-Health-Beauty.jpg[/img][/list]After few months, now i already become the distributor for this pad. Anyone who is interested to buy or would like to have enquire, pls feel free to send me an email at [email="fyy1030@gmail.com"]fyy1030@gmail.com[/email].

If u are not interested to buy is ok. This is just a product sharing to let everyone know that the material been used in most of sanitary napkin is recycle paper.

As a women, i hope all the women will know the harmful of a low quality sanitary napkin to our reproductive organ and health. Pls be a smart consumer. [img]http://www.malaysiabrides.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif[/img]

Thanks for ur time to look in my article.

Joey

I am also a user of cloth pad. I would stomp my pads when i am having a shower, then soak it for a few hours with soap and soda bicarbonate and then throw them into the washing machine. Edited by sweetprettystuff

apply some ky jelly at the applicator... then must be relax, insert it slowly... then push slowly till the tampon feel thru the vagina and comfy, then remove the applicator slowly...

Does anyone know where I can buy tampons from?? I can't seem to find them anywhere. Thanks.

can buy from all the major pharmacy....