Sign in to follow this  
fluene

Paraffin Wax

u can diy this at home. aft u scrub ur hand, apply a rich moisturizer, then wrap ur hand with either plastic food wrap or plastic bag(those hawker use to 'ta pao' food' type), then wear a glove or towel, then leave it for 15-20 mins.

i read sumwhere n here as well that every nite we scrub well our hands n apply vaseline n wear gloves..morning u'll get a kissable hands it sems..maybe wanna try tiz

but they're 2 types of vaseline la..which one?one is greenish gel n another one is petroleum jelly

Actually the compound that works is petroleum jelly. Vaselin is just the name of the brand. As for which type, I am not sure. As long as it is petroleum jelly, any brand will do I think

Paraffin wax is nice. at 1st u will feel hot..but just a while. the hot feeling is like how the candle wax got on ur hand. But after 10-15min after applying the paraffin wax, your skin is like baby skin..soft and nice.

if apply whole body is great! but expensive lol..rm210 whole body. only 45min-50mins (include shower)

i saw this at glitters website!

Yes, We're Open!

Come and relax in our all new signature outlet. Enjoy our opening special, Mani & Pedi with free hand and feet paraffin treatment for only RM69.

Available only at:

Madaline Nails and Waxing Salon by Glitters

The Gardens at MidValley City

Cocoon, FF-223, Fourth Floor

(Above Isetan Department Store),

Kuala Lumpur 59200

Tel: 03-2282-8813

seems like a good bargain!!! pedi + mani + hand n feet parafin = rm69... i really wanna try but mv so far..........sigh

My friend is actually selling paraffin wax plus machine. It's quite pricey though. The brand is Koofs from USA. Small machine + wax (can't remember how many) is priced at RM150 while the big machine + wax is priced at RM750. But she can get them with member's price which is 20% discount. So do other products from Koofs. The paraffin wax comes in lavender and rose @ RM18 each.

The brand is quite good like Crabtree & Evelyn.

If any of the babe is interested, I can help ask for details.

If only I am so generous to myself, such a pampering gift to give myself ler with DIY paraffin machine! No need to pay for pricey manicure treatment anymore!

[font=inherit][left][font=inherit][font=inherit][font=inherit][font=inherit][b] [/b]Paraffin wax, classified as a chemical preservative, is widely used on fruits, vegetables, and candy to make them shiny and pretty as well as to retard moisture loss and spoilage. Waxes are made from vegetable oils, palm oil derivatives, and synthetic resins, as well as other materials. Some people, notably those who are allergic to aspirin, may be sensitive to many waxes, depending on their ingredients.

Yes, it is edible. Paraffin wax is often added to chocolates. The addition of paraffin to the chocolate[b] candy [/b]gives it a nice, glossy finish and helps it remain solid at room temperature. Be aware that paraffin is flammable when overheated, so warm it gently in a double-boiler or microwave only to the point where it is melted.

You can find paraffin wax, also sometimes called baker's wax or canning wax, in your grocery store where canning jars and supplies are sold. Paraffin is still commonly used (although not recommended) to seal home-canned [b]jellies and jams.[/b] However, some paraffin is not intended to be ingested, such as that sold for candlemaking, so check the label.

Gulf Wax Paraseal Canning Wax, Household Paraffin Wax is a popular brand of paraffin used for canning and chocolate-making. [/font][/font][/font][/font][/left][/font]

Paraffin is the name for the normal/linear group of hydrocarbons called alkanes. The solid forms of paraffin are called paraffin wax. 

Paraffin wax is a mixture of alkanes with a carbon number more than about 22.It is obtained from crude oil by distillation then purified by solvent refining.

On 24/01/2006 at 0:49 PM, makeupjunk said:

u can diy this at home. aft u scrub ur hand, apply a rich moisturizer mutuelles Entreprise, then wrap ur hand with either plastic food wrap or plastic bag(those hawker use to 'ta pao' food' type), then wear a glove or towel, then leave it for 15-20 mins.

A big thank you for the advice, it is quite difficult to carry out this kind of work, but here I think it will go.