Sign in to follow this  
weN

Make up tools

so many types of tools...

sigh~ i usemy hand to apply everything!

double sigh~

I consider buying those brushes before, but i m afraid that the brushes(those which are not so good) will spoil my complexion!

Cleaning brushes

If used daily, brushes should be cleaned once a week. Otherwise the hairs will be damaged and it will be more difficult to apply make-up. Wash gently with shampoo and warm water, being careful not to rub the hairs the wrong way. Rinse well, and smooth hairs into place, then let air-dry. Or use a make-up dry cleaning solution by pouring it onto a tissue, then gently wiping across the brush. Brushes will dry immediately.

how long do i clean my brushes ?

I hope that answers your question. :)

Edited by weN

I have tried cleaning my sponge tip applicator for e/s and I wash it with soap water and leave it to dry. I don't wash it as often though.

I have tried cleaning my sponge tip applicator for e/s and I wash it with soap water and leave it to dry. I don't wash it as often though.

oic...then must be careful and gentle lo since it is quite small ma... ^_^

for sponge tip e/s applicator..i didnt wash it wor..jus like chloe lor..dab it with tissue oni... ^_^

Some of the brushes are made of synthetic and also natural hair... but different brands of brushes is made of different kind of material and hair... some are from animals too.. in example rabbit's hair... :D

Hie babes, i briefly would like to know the use and the difference between few brushes as i'm newbie towards make up :(

1.What is the difference between Face powder brush,face powder blend and bronzer brush?

2.What is the use of concealer brush and eye shadow sponge applicator?

or is there any section or website assist in this matter? i'm kinda blur when see so many brushes.hehehe~!

thx for da help :wink3:

Compare Bobbi Brown brushes with GA,which one is better?

if not mistaken

elianto's brushes are made of natural hair

is it? bt their brush kinda stiff lerh..

i bought the face brush something.. when apply losse powder..n the brush will create some fine lines like tat one..

bt i dunno is it my foundation problem o the brush prob.. so use puff instead..

Even if the brushes are cheap, make sure that it is made out of good material.

No point if you buy a cheap brush, but the bristles keep falling out all over your face when you're trying to apply anything.

It can really get very annoying, and your makeup will not be evenly applied too.

Best is to get real ones than those cheap plastic ones. It'll last longer too with proper care :)

kissydust,

you need brushes for applying gel eyeliner? i think you can get some reasonably good ones from SASA. otherwise, you can try some art store brushes (for drawing) which can be quite cheap too. however, if you got the budget, go for MAC brushes