Sign in to follow this  
GeniE

Hair Salon Suggestion

Hi, Everyone.. I was thinking to perm my hair after so long of being straight hair but the problem is i have a round shape face due to my fatty cheeks. My friends told me not to perm my hair cos it'll make my face look even more fat :blink: .. OMG i wondering is it true? Some say perm will make my face look even more slimmer and some say not.. Can any 1 advise plz?

Peek-a-boo at The Curve good haircut.My fave stylist : Tommy, left already before i could get his personal number..thats me la,not wanting attachment.Peekaboo does hairstyles for 8tv so thats why i trusted to go there in the 1st place. It's crowded on the weekends,usually at 4pm can squeeze in la,if you're lucky,usually call in to book appointment.And its not expensive. And they offer Student Discounts.

Snips next door,ok la,went once but dont want to go again coz they train alot and i dont like stylists training over my head.

Jean Yip opposite Snips is a spacious,neat lookin salon but the lack of customers and hairdressers hanging out at the reception desk is suspicious.Think its the price.Normal trim RM60 .just snip off a bit only.and then there's a 'seller' stylist trying to sell hair&scalp solutions and badgering and pushing you to buy their salon products till its annoying and spoils your day of hair pampering at the salon.Cross Jean yip hair salon off your list.

Hey everybody,

My birthday is just around the corner and i desperately need to do something about my hair :( . I need a hairstylist who can listen and understand about what i want with my hair and give me a hairstyle i'd be happy with. I'm very fussy about my hair :wink3: Can anyone recommend a good hair salon & hair stylist please? Anywhere in pj, subang, midvalley, or damansara area will be good. Looking forward to anybody's reply. Thanks! :)

Hi friends, recently i just went to one salon at PJ SS2/64 (beside Guardian), wow the price is veryvery reasonable and the stylist make me sooooo happy ...his name call kelvin, i get his name immediate after he trimed my hair, he is so professional.....I give his "blow curl" kungfu 100 marks. very volume and modern.....try him you would not regret, and now got promotion some more, join memebr can get 10 % discount for hair services included OPI nail bar services.

hope helpful to u, detail info are as below...

K CARE SHOP

07. PETALING JAYA SS2/64

Add:No.17, Jln SS2/64, Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia.

Tel:03- 7877 7307

Services:Tuesday to Sunday (Monday off) (10:00 a.m. ~ 08:00 p.m.)

Prof. Hair Care Retail, Hair Salon, Nail Bar

or check their company website K CARE SHOP ~ WWW.KCARESHOP.COM

Edited by rachel79

yah if you nearby PJ SS2, try my favourite salon.........let me know after you try it......i repeat the info again here......

07. PETALING JAYA SS2/64

Add:No.17, Jln SS2/64, Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia.

Tel:03- 7877 7307

Services:Tuesday to Sunday (Monday off) (10:00 a.m. ~ 08:00 p.m.)

Prof. Hair Care Retail, Hair Salon, Nail Bar

or check their company website K CARE SHOP ~ WWW.KCARESHOP.COM

HORRIBLE Experiences:

1. BIANCO - Damansara Uptown (Stylist - Unknown)

Went there to cut my waist long hair. Ended up with mid-back length which he wanted to "layer/thin out" since my hair is thick. His "thinning" resulted in parts of my head measuring barely 1" long! Running my hands through my hair feels like I'm stroking a berus kain! Yes, THAT bad! I was devastated for weeks because of that stupid haircut which took me more than a year to even out. I will NEVER go there again even if that stylist is no longer there because I won't want to ever put a single sen into their pocket again.

2. YOSHIRO (?) - Damansara Uptown (Stylist - Jason?)

Wanted to rebond my hair. Supposedly used Shiseido, but results were not worth mentioning, plus his ironing left me with terrible kinks in my hair. Also took me more than a year to grow out and cut off. I didn't totally cut it off because I would have ended with an even worse style: short puffy kinky hair. Do not even CONSIDER going here for their cheap packages. You get what you're paying for with this shop. I went back to request a refund, they would not give it to me. Instead they would rebond it again for me which I declined. If they don't get it right the first time around, I'm not expecting anything to improve. This salon is forever blacklisted in my book.

3. KENCE - Desa Sri Hartamas (Stylist - Norman)

Just went here two weeks ago after getting tired of going to local salons. As it happened, I still was styled by a Malaysian (the only local in the shop). From the moment I entered, the Korean owner did not even seem to know how to greet me and left everything to Norman. Throughout the day, the Korean only did other Korean clients. I'm told he does not speak much English. Spent 5 hours in the salon without a single glass of water offered. I still cringe how the shampoo girl Jenny rubbed my hair to dry it. I NEVER rub my hair! Worst of all, this is a repeat case of YOSHIRO. After I told Norman how it was during that rebonding, he took me for another rerun episode! Now my hair gets tangled up so easily because of the tangles and kinks that he actually ironed IN instead of OUT! Price RM450 including "treatment" (RM380 without) which was basically just a few minutes of conditioner time. Worse, he did not even tell me he was giving me the treatment. He mentioned it, but I never confirmed that I wanted it and he just went ahead. I didn't even know that was supposed to be treatment and not some ordinary conditioner. Please don't even bother with this place...

BAD Experiences:

1. TOP PASSION - Damansara Jaya (Stylist - James: Director)

Gave me an unflattering haircut and bad colour job. Because my previous colour caused the ends of my hair to be light, James said he only recommends me to go darker. "TRUST ME" was what he said when giving me two different colours for the previously coloured part and the uncoloured regrowth. I ended up with 2 distinct toned hair that I doubt he was aiming for in the first place. If the Director himself is like this, how would you even want to try his underlings?

2. HOTHEADS - Wisma KL. (Stylist - Albert Nico himself!)

Another one whose only about "name" and nothing else. I specifically set an appointment with him for 4PM, by the time he was ready for me it was already an hour later. Tardiness is not what I expect when I already have an appointment. Then he gave me a "punk/rock" inspired layer style...when I came wearing a really "ladylike" top and skirt!!! Not exactly a stylist who picks up on someone else's style. It's probably all those "high fashion" cuts he does...lost touch doing normal-everyday-look styling. After bragging so much that he's an expert about hair, I give this place 11 fingers down.

Looking back at these stylists, ALL of them were MEN. I don't know if that's an indication of their talent in this field (at least locally) or not, but I think the next place I go to, I'll look for a lady. I had only one GREAT Experience with a salon (BEY NES) nearby Plaza Damas maybe 5 years ago. When I went back there to look for it, it's no longer there. My hair was SUPERBLY rebonded and handled by the stylist "Agnes"...EVERYONE complimented me on my hair. I still have her card but numbers are no longer working and I really have no idea where to start looking. I'm telling you, this place is the BEST, just way too bad it doesn't exist anymore. Price: RM280.

It's nice to know that there are a few girls here who are well familiar with several good salons. So I thought I could get some suggestions here. I want to rebond my hair this month and would like to know which salons are good. I'm not necessarily looking for a high-end salon, even a small salon in a shop house would suffice if they're good. Just somewhere in KL that does a good natural job and isn't too pricey.

The last time I did it, part near the root of my hairs became jagged, like they were badly damaged. Anyone know why this is? Coz other than that my hair appeared smooth and straight.

It's nice to know that there are a few girls here who are well familiar with several good salons. So I thought I could get some suggestions here. I want to rebond my hair this month and would like to know which salons are good. I'm not necessarily looking for a high-end salon, even a small salon in a shop house would suffice if they're good. Just somewhere in KL that does a good natural job and isn't too pricey.

The last time I did it, part near the root of my hairs became jagged, like they were badly damaged. Anyone know why this is? Coz other than that my hair appeared smooth and straight.

hi friend, you could try my favourite salon....but at PJ SS2, dunno whther convenient for you......but anyway i just give you their info as below:

K CARE SHOP

No. 7th Branch

ADD: 17, Jalan SS2/64, PJ

TEL:03-7877 7307

Supervisor: Rachel

Stylist: Alex / Kelvin (both also expert in Reboding-my sister had did rebonding by Alex last week)

No.4th Branch

ADD: 21, Jln SS2/75, PJ

TEL:03-7873 0369

Supervisor: Joyce

Stylist: Ah San (my favourite stylist, very expert in Rebonding)

Hope above info were helpful to you.....

the price wolud be around RM199-RM299.....which include kind of treatment trim and color.......just roughly ..you can call to ask for details....

Went to SAW salon level 4 KLCC..near the other food court, aster spring kinokuniya..u get my drift. Hehe. Love..love what they did to my hair. Went there with two of my sisters and what they did was amazing. Forgot to ask for the stylists name. Haha...she didn't even offer her name to me. Funny. Haha. Well anyway, the staff were all very polite and friendly. And they give really good hair care tips and me and my sisters love the way they cut our hair. We have very thick and curly hair so its hard to style and cut our hair symetrically but they did a great job. The price is 50 for junior stylist, 85 for senior stylist and 150 for Mr Edwin Saw himself. Haha. We couldnt afford "the man" so the three of us settled for the senior stylists. So I got this lady and my sisters each had a male stylist cut their hair. Frankly it was the most berbaloi haircut i have gotten so far. DO check it out. Great ambience too. heheh..

Hi there,

I am thinking of getting a haircut. A simple one of just getting my hair end snipped off and getting rid of the volume. But undecided where to go. Anywhere around PJ/ Kelana Jaya/ Damansara is ok, budget around rm50. Any good suggestions? My hair is quite long, haven gone past the breast area when let down. :)

hi friend, you could try my favourite salon....but at PJ SS2, dunno whther convenient for you......but anyway i just give you their info as below:

K CARE SHOP

No. 7th Branch

ADD: 17, Jalan SS2/64, PJ

TEL:03-7877 7307

Supervisor: Rachel

Stylist: Alex / Kelvin (both also expert in Reboding-my sister had did rebonding by Alex last week)

No.4th Branch

ADD: 21, Jln SS2/75, PJ

TEL:03-7873 0369

Supervisor: Joyce

Stylist: Ah San (my favourite stylist, very expert in Rebonding)

Hope above info were helpful to you.....

the price wolud be around RM199-RM299.....which include kind of treatment trim and color.......just roughly ..you can call to ask for details....

Thanks for the info Rachel. Will check them out.

Anyone know if Miko salon in Wangsa Maju is good for rebonding job?

last time i got try before a stylist (barry) at apt sri petaling. i like he cut my hair... then he already no work at there. then i give another stylist cut at apt... but they cut my hair dunno look like what...

now i dunno wht to do... any1 help me... :(i need to find back the stylist (BARRY)

last time i got try before a stylist (barry) at apt sri petaling. i like he cut my hair... then he already no work at there. then i give another stylist cut at apt... but they cut my hair dunno look like what...

now i dunno wht to do... any1 help me... :(i need to find back the stylist (BARRY)

Hi all,

Can anybody suggest me on best hair saloon in Klang? Would prefer somewhere around here or Shah Alam.

I have long hair and would like to do treatment also, scalp prob n dandruff. My layered hair is getting messy also!

Help me!!!

it took me 1 year to look for a new hairstylist who could actually manage my hair. not that I've frizzy or hard to manage hair, but I'm really particular when it comes to the cut and especially the layers. My previous hairdresser is John from L2, Manjung. I loved the layers that he gave me. He's quite good with colouring too! He gave me fushia highlights once, black and blue base, black and purple base, etc. You can trust him with the mixing of colours.

Since I was based in PJ and transport became the issue, I've then decided to get a new hairdresser which is nearer to me. after going to several different stylist and shops, I've finally found the right person to manage my tresses. He's Seth from Peekaboo, TheCurve.

Thanks to a girl friend of mine who dragged me along one day when I mentioned that I needed a cut.

Places I tried including (note that I do not trust jr stylist with my hair at all) RazorEdge, 1U (cannot make it at all), Micheal and Guys, 1U (lagi cannot make it! senior stylist seems like a jr stylist only), APT, Bukit Tinggi (similar to what you can get at some random MeiHwa Unisex Saloon), Joe from Peekaboo Tmn Tun (not to my liking though).

Disastrous experiences including rebonding done at some shop in Damansara Utama which is on the same row as the corner lot Starbucks. it was such a bad job that my current hairdresser had to cut my hair twice in the same month itself! imagine how much hair was damaged. thankfully, half of them are already being cut off and is well managed by Seth.

Anyhow, the damage was also made worst by the 4 times of dying that my hair went through the previous year. the 4th time was inclusive of highlights and was done by this saloon somewhere behind Ipoh Garden East, next to Maxima. But according to my hairstylist, the highlights had really damaged my hair.

p/s: the staff at Peekaboo, The Curve is quite friendly too.

Hope my journey in search of a good hairstylist did contribute to this thread.

Edited by Being Evie

You could try Orange Heads at Bintang Walk. Their hair stylists are really good. Especially their perming. And they wouldn't let the trainee to do it. Except fo the washing and drying part. but he'll touch up for you at the end. Trust me, you'll never regret.

I usually go to Dry Cut in One Utama. Price is reasonable.. but since they changed their staff (cos most of the old staff left), I don't quite like it.

I tried Thomas & Guys in SS2 yesterday. The guy who cut my hair was not very professional, but the end result was ok, as I trim my hair only. They have 30% discount every Thursday for ladies, and every Friday for men.

After discount, wash + cut is about RM 34.

eh.....so ngam.....i also do hair color at K CARE SHOP, SS2/64, this morning...leh....did we met??? hah....maybe we sit side byside also dontknow lah,,,,wow...this morning...the hair stylist-Kelvin do forme....hmmm...very satisfied.....my boyfriend also said me seems more "lenglui" haha.....happy :)...

Hi all, I recently go to a hair saloon to cut my hair and enhance my soft curls.

Recently i did my scalp treatment there too, coz i hav lots of tiny bumps on my scalp and dandruff and oily at times.

I jst had my 1st treatment, it was good. It has the smell of mint when they apply the treatment on the scalp. very refreshing. my scalp so soothing. No more itchiness now or oily scalp.

Their skill on blowdry ur hair also excellent, n love it!

Here is the link to the pic:

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p108/yccheoy/2.jpg

Edited by dorlisa

Hi all, I recently go to a hair saloon o cut my hair and do soft natural curls.

Recently i did my scalp treatment there too, coz i hav lots of tiny bumps on my scalp and dandruff and oily at times.

I jst had my 1st treatment, it was good. It has the smell of mint when they apply the treatment on the scalp. very refreshing. my scalp so soothing. No more itchiness now or oily scalp.

Their skill on blowdry ur hair also excellent, n love it!

Here is the link to the pic:

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p108/yccheoy/2.jpg

wow good job! I want hair like that. How much did you pay for it and which saloon?