Sign in to follow this  
GeniE

Hair Salon Suggestion

I'm extremely fussy and particular when it comes to my hair. This hair stylist, Ivan at HAIRTECH, Desa Sri Hartamas, he does a fantastic job. He's better than some of the stylist at A Cut Above. He knows exactly what suits me and what I want. I highly recommend him to anyone.

HAIRTECH's number 03-2300 3083

I'm extremely fussy and particular when it comes to my hair. This hair stylist, Ivan at HAIRTECH, Desa Sri Hartamas, he does a fantastic job. He's better than some of the stylist at A Cut Above. He knows exactly what suits me and what I want. I highly recommend him to anyone.

HAIRTECH's number 03-2300 3083

I used to do my hair rebonding at his saloon back when he was located in Sg Wang. Don’t think he’s cut my hair before but just out of curiosity how much does he charge?

hihi...didnt know so many ppl interested hehe.. ok i put the numbers here.

my wavy hair/soft curls..last around 9 mths..i did it aorund january. Now of coz a lil goin to flat...but still has the wave...if i am not lazy..use the scuplt moisutre lotion - will get into more wavy-look. Highlight and curl not more than 300rm..which is reasonably cheap at that time. Not siure whether the price has change. So better ask.

I did tis in V2 hair saloon at sri kembangan,

Alex is the hairstlylist:

016-2032900

The scalp treatment i recently did and the hairstylist who blow dry my hair (in the above pic)

is 8 days hair saloon at Taipan, subang. The hairstylist who blow and style my hair is Stephen 012-2178722

He really has good skills in blow dry wavy hair...provided ur hair is wavy/curl la..cant do it on straight hair such effect.

Give him my name (dorothy) and ask for discounts if can. About curlin hair in this saloon, their price recently increase..so is better ask them.

Thanks Dorlisa for the info :)

9 months is pretty long..... love your curls :)

another question.. do u feel that the perm has damaged your hair? or your hair condition still ok?

i have permed my hair 2 times in total.. the first time was done by Miko Au at Miko studio.. the curls were good and it lasts me around 4 months... after tat.. i went to reperm at SNIPS.. this time around.. the curls didn't last so long.. only abt 2 mths... needless to say.. after all that.. my hair was quite dry and lifeless.. i didn't even color my hair....

now, my hair is straight and healthy.. but itching to perm my hair again... but worried abt non lasting curls and damaged hair... :) :)

Edited by SweetKindBabe

I went to V2..they ask me to maintain it by using the moisture scupl lotion..they will intro u if u ask. So although my hair it odenst hav alot of wave..still once i wash my hair..if i use the sculpt lotion..it will help to boost a lil. My hair i trim a few times when is long and thick...and cut off the ends, coz i lazy to use conditioner. Somemore i highlighted hair. Recently..i find that the hair spa mask from Seah..it has very nice smell and very soft after wash..so far my hair is ok..i think need maintain a lil la, of coz straight hair is manageable..but i cant hav straight hair...look very dull on myface. :)

Oh the wave part in v2 only sit with the digital perm on my hair for 10 to 15 mins...coz i emphasis on only natural wavy type...not maggiee mee.. haha Those my frens ask for real curls one..they hav to sit w the digital perm for 45 mins or more. The longest time is the highlightin part.

ur welcome!! Pls update me if u guys have done in the saloons i recommend ya. and post ur hair pics!! :)

Tommy LEFT Peek a Boo? Oh no. He was my stylist and I absolutely adore him. Now what am I supposed to do?

I did L'oreal Xtenso rebonding and been touching up every 6 months. I like Tommy's styling and he's a absolute wizard at rebonding as well. Now I am at a complete and utter lost. I'm thinking of sticking with Peek a Boo, anyone knows anybody else working there (The Curve branch) I can try out now that Tommy has gone and left?

Anyone been to Shawn Cutler? One of my frend did her hair relaxing sthg similar to rebonding...at his place at bangsar.Very exp cut, but her hair very shiny like 3D effect, like those in the advertisement. Got reflection one.

hey gals..i need help ere..i dun hv any specific hair stylist..keep on changing different saloon everytime i wana do my hair..i've never do anything else other then cutting or trimming my hair..but last year i permed my hair once in a hair saloon and it was horrible..my hair is naturally straight and soft..after the perming,i hv split ends,dry ends and my hair is brittle..

now i hv slightly bob cut hair..shoulder length..i wish to trim it again cz my bob cut kinda loose the shape ady..and i wish to highlight my hair..do u gals hv any suggestion on a saloon dat gives a nice haircut and highlights service..anywhere around usj,subang,ou,the curve,midvalley is gud..cz i dun really know the way to other places.. :)

hey gals..i need help ere..i dun hv any specific hair stylist..keep on changing different saloon everytime i wana do my hair..i've never do anything else other then cutting or trimming my hair..but last year i permed my hair once in a hair saloon and it was horrible..my hair is naturally straight and soft..after the perming,i hv split ends,dry ends and my hair is brittle..

now i hv slightly bob cut hair..shoulder length..i wish to trim it again cz my bob cut kinda loose the shape ady..and i wish to highlight my hair..do u gals hv any suggestion on a saloon dat gives a nice haircut and highlights service..anywhere around usj,subang,ou,the curve,midvalley is gud..cz i dun really know the way to other places.. :)

Subang i know is taipan.. 8 days. If not usj 20- penny - 0122991088- tis one the shop is smaller, mayb cheaper,call n ask them the price to compare ya. I don't know how much they charge now.

Miko Salon is having a Charity Fund Raising where u could get a hair cut service & styled by professional stylists for RM30. Proceeds will be channeled to Persatuan Kristian Shuang Fu (Untuk Orang Kurang Upaya, KL).

In my opinion i think it's okay to get a hair cut for RM30 and to be able to do charity at the same time. I normally go to cheras leisure mall's miko salon and i always look for Debbie, the creative/art director there. She's good in giving my hair more layers, bangs. She's also good in cutting bob hair styles. Maybe some of u can give it a try.

This fund raising is valid from 1st Oct 2008-31st Oct 2008 at any Miko Hair Studio outlets.

Edited by m.o.m.o.k.o

hi girls, is KK CARE SHOP good at wash and blow? i like a salon give a good massage on the head and really good at blowing hair and the one that makes hair blow really last long. any other salons good at wash and blow ? in ss2 or around melawati/wangsa maju?

i used to be a loyal customer in this salon in taman melawati , theyre really good at wash and blow , went there for 3 years but they dodnt know how to treat their loyal customers well. i was too nice to them i guess and they started to do whatever they like and treat other customers better and just cincai do my hair cos i never scolded them (im just not that type to scold people ) . the last time i went there, i was waiting for their parking right outside the salon cos they have their own parking for customers, they saw me waiting in my car , and i waited for 40 mins! and the boss came out of the parking and he gave the parking to another customer who's like so langsi and u know..the type that scold people and told me to just go find another parking somewhere else. so i got fed up with their attitude and just never went back there since. really pissed me off. took advantage of my never really scold anyone attitude and i finally scolded them before i left and never went back there.

in search for a really good wash and blow salon now. my boyfriend lives in pj so it's ok for me to go around there to have my hair done.

thanks !

i used to do my hair cut @ Mico Jusco Balakong, which very far from my living place (KL)..

today i called earlier and make appointment for hair cut. so i drive all the way to the stupid balakong and the staffs show very unfriendly face to me that my name was not in the booking book!!

they explained it with very rude.. what a rude service..

I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO THE Mico Jusco Balakong ANYHOW!

I went to K Care Shop in SS 2 yesterday to ask them of the price for volume rebonding/hair relaxer. It's RM 199 inclusive of treatment and cut. I have shoulder length hair, by the way.

Anyone has done hair relaxer before in K Care Shop, SS2? :) I talked to Rachel and she sounded friendly. I even made an appointment on 1 Nov. Hopefully my hair will turn out ok :)

hey. i had my hair cut at K CARE SHOP today. at ss2/64. not bad =) but i just had abit of my hair trimmed and slightly chg my hairtsyle a lil. =)

how bout for perming / curl? are they good also?

I think this kinda look can only be achieved after doing a wave perm and then blow-dried (styled) in the salon. Just doing the perm alone will not give you this look.

totally agree....i'm a curl veteran ( already perm my hair since 2004 and never ever want to have a straight hair ever again ), that hair on the pic u can only achieve if u use curling iron unfortunately. but if you have a curl hair, it'll last longer

i did my soft perm last9 ! yupp is last 9 .. i started at 5pm ++ ... so rush to decide bcoz the stylist is going to Greece today ~~ wanna see my photo ? pm me .. ehhe .. canot publicly show my face. . but show u d back .. this is medium curl ~

http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/5687/dsc01130qr2.jpg

http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/2144/dsc01131lq5.jpg

i like your curl a lot. where u got it?

i want to curl my hair again, but since i just move to Malaysia a month ago, i'm clueless about saloon here

thanks

I went to K Care, SS2 again last weekend with my sister as she is interested in doing rebonding and we just wanna check out the price. The senior hair stylist keep insisting that we should take the expensive package which is about RM320! She said the cheaper package which is RM199 uses cheaper chemicals and will cause hair to be very dry. I guess me and my sister didn't look comfortable with the price and it was obvious.. she quickly said that we could actually call her when we have decided, and she will work out a package according to our budget. I mean, isn't the prices fixed?

Later, we went to K Care in Taman Megah and ask for the price, just to get a comparison of the price within their branches, whether the prices that they quote is different or the same. The guy from Tmn Megah branch told me that we don't need to take the expensive package as it is meant for those with very damage hair! He said the RM199 package is good enough for me and my sister.

Although I have made appointment with the SS2 branch, I don't think I will go because they are not being honest. Feel like they can't be trusted. I hate it when they just want to sell you the most expensive package.

I guess I'll either go to the Taman Megah branch instead or source for another hair salon.

hi girls, i hav a friend who is an experienced professional stylist..

i had trusted him n let him cut, trim, blow, color, perm, rebond......my hair since 3 yrs ago..

now he is providing door service to customers in klang n pj area.. price cheap yet u can get professional service :clapclap:

anyone interested can get his contact from me ya~

For the E.P fans, there is a new Eiji Project Group salon called Hikaru Hair Salon in Keck Seng building, Jalan Bukit Bintang. I haven't tried it yet but it seems that the stylist Nic Lee was an award winning stylist in Eiji Suzuki. Tel is 21422363 for anyone who is interested :)

heyy babes.i need suggestions for hair salons around puchong, sunway n and p.j area.i'm not happy with the salon that i'm currently going to.she's a pro la...but i feel that she doesn't know what suits me best.i'm looking for a hairstylist which knows what's best for me, speaks English and charges fairly...any recommendations???

For the E.P fans, there is a new Eiji Project Group salon called Hikaru Hair Salon in Keck Seng building, Jalan Bukit Bintang. I haven't tried it yet but it seems that the stylist Nic Lee was an award winning stylist in Eiji Suzuki. Tel is 21422363 for anyone who is interested :)

Wat's the price for a hair cut?