Sign in to follow this  
sofiazainal

Dandruff on forehead??

Does anyone else have this condition where their dandruff spreads slowly to their face, around the forehead area... and when you scratch it, it comes out like dandruff flake.. is this normal?

Just now, sofiazainal said:

Does anyone else have this condition where their dandruff spreads slowly to their face, around the forehead area... and when you scratch it, it comes out like dandruff flake.. is this normal?

I have this problem too, my doc said its serbahoric dermatitis... my scalp is verrry flaky, and at first i thought it was just normal dandruff problem but then after few months the dryness from my scalp slowly grow towards my forehead, and the flakes would form its sooo bad 

maybe ur skin is just dry...bcs weather is hot now it could just be because of tht 

Just now, zhiwei said:

maybe ur skin is just dry...bcs weather is hot now it could just be because of tht 

yup,i used to hv very very dry skin and my entire face is flaky,not just my scalp

Edited by tashreen

Just now, jungstal said:

I have this problem too, my doc said its serbahoric dermatitis... my scalp is verrry flaky, and at first i thought it was just normal dandruff problem but then after few months the dryness from my scalp slowly grow towards my forehead, and the flakes would form its sooo bad 

oohhh I see.. it could be psoriasis too right? bcs I googled and got confused over the two..its kind of similar, dandruff and flake forming on your forehead area

Just now, tashreen said:

yup,i used to hv very very dry skin and my entire face is flaky,not just my scalp

hm my face is dry, but I don't think my condition is normal..bcs its so weird that the dryness is flaky like it followed from my scalp, and its not the dry facial skin type of dry. its flaky, like dandruff flakes

I feel shy going out bcs of it 😕 I used moisturizer but it doesnt do anything tbh

9 hours ago, sofiazainal said:

oohhh I see.. it could be psoriasis too right? bcs I googled and got confused over the two..its kind of similar, dandruff and flake forming on your forehead area

hm my face is dry, but I don't think my condition is normal..bcs its so weird that the dryness is flaky like it followed from my scalp, and its not the dry facial skin type of dry. its flaky, like dandruff flakes

I feel shy going out bcs of it 😕 I used moisturizer but it doesnt do anything tbh

yeah i think it's better if you get it check with professional helps but meanwhile, try to treat your scalp with hair tonic. it will take time but i hope it helps

6 hours ago, zhiwei said:

righttttt but scared if it's eczema too, so take care of your hygiene i suggest...and try using products with less chemicals that can make your flakiness even worse

Edited by ruwong89

Just now, tashreen said:

yeah i think it's better if you get it check with professional helps but meanwhile, try to treat your scalp with hair tonic. it will take time but i hope it helps

aaa oke will do. kinda scared to go to the doctor then it would be expensive huhu

6 hours ago, sofiazainal said:

it depends, you hv to go check w the doctor bcs it could be both..maybe u originally have serbahoric, then hormonal factors like stress triggers having psoriasis 

since yours are very scaly and extends towards the hairline, maybe u hv psoriasis? 

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/psoriasis/expert-answers/scalp-psoriasis/faq-20058544

heres an article for u, maybe it will help u identify better abt which condition u hv 

aaa oke will do. kinda scared to go to the doctor then it would be expensive huhu

its not expensive, trust me bcs ive seen a doctor for this condition..i think its psoriasis, bcs u mentioned it being flaky right? the term for it is actually scaly, like u have second skin thts about to come off

I get it too when im stressed out. my doc just gave me a cream, its called candid-b and I think u can just get it at the pharmacy, not expensive so dun worry 

it does take time for it to fade tho, u hv to be patient 😩

6 hours ago, sofiazainal said:

hehe ofcc but as for now, u can also check ur diet first. scared if u have any allergies with what you always consume.

or maybe try to change to other shampoo that have medicine

18 hours ago, zhiwei said:

the weather is hot, but idk..non of my friends have scaly dandruff skin on the forhead except for me tho

Just now, jungstal said:

it depends, you hv to go check w the doctor bcs it could be both..maybe u originally have serbahoric, then hormonal factors like stress triggers having psoriasis 

since yours are very scaly and extends towards the hairline, maybe u hv psoriasis? 

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/psoriasis/expert-answers/scalp-psoriasis/faq-20058544

heres an article for u, maybe it will help u identify better abt which condition u hv 

thanks! I already went to the dr and he told me its psoriasis... he gave me a cream to relief but its still super itchy and scaly urgh I just want it to go away :(

Just now, ruwong89 said:

do u happen to experience them because of u changing products or u use any electrical appliances to your hair?

idk but I did notice that it got worse after I use my hair dryer... but I like drying my hair cz im too lazy to wait for it to dry off by itself

i'm using a lot of moisturizer on that scaly area atm but I always feel like its not enough 🤣 like it would feel damp for around 1 hour then after that it feels dry again

the weather is hot, but idk..non of my friends have scaly dandruff skin on the forhead except for me tho

thanks! I already went to the dr and he told me its psoriasis... he gave me a cream to relief but its still super itchy and scaly urgh I just want it to go away :(

idk but I did notice that it got worse after I use my hair dryer... but I like drying my hair cz im too lazy to wait for it to dry off by itself

i'm using a lot of moisturizer on that scaly area atm but I always feel like its not enough 🤣 like it would feel damp for around 1 hour then after that it feels dry again

oh, then I think you really need to take extra care of your hair and skin, esp on that area u hv psoriasis

try using oil instead of moisturisers, bcs they're thicker, and I highly suggest u buy a hairdryer like mine that has water particles in it, so it can moisten that area on your face 

Edited by zhiwei

does your hair dryer blows out air too hot? mayb that's why 

its ok,just find a new one...if moisturizer quite hard la to find one tht suits us,it really depends on our skin

Edited by ruwong89

when my face feels flaky, I use a lot of moisturizer..maybe u can try Neutrogena, I use their aqua gel and my face is less flaky 

also maybe u should try find ways to cool your face,like buy hand fan or sumtin 😊

Edited by tashreen

Just now, zhiwei said:

oh, then I think you really need to take extra care of your hair and skin, esp on that area u hv psoriasis

try using oil instead of moisturisers, bcs they're thicker, and I highly suggest u buy a hairdryer like mine that has water particles in it, so it can moisten that area on your face 

oh really, ive never heard of a hair dryer that has water particles in it 😮 …. what hair dryer is that??

oh really, ive never heard of a hair dryer that has water particles in it 😮 …. what hair dryer is that??

there is!! I'm using Panasonic, its the na-98,, superrr cool bcs the hair dryer uses nano technology thingy where water particles can come out frm it when you dry your hair, so it doesn't get damaged from the heat 🥰

loooooving it so far bcs it has three modes, hair scalp n face... so after I dry my hair, I would switch it to the skin mode and cool air would come out from it, feels great!

https://www.lazada.com.my/products/panasonic-eh-na98-1800w-hair-dryer-nanoe-na98-eh-na98-k655-i802964622-s1872288308.html?spm=a2o4k.10415192.0.0.5cd146c5I2TdNR&mp=3

here's the link if u wanna know more abt it  

Just now, tashreen said:

when my face feels flaky, I use a lot of moisturizer..maybe u can try Neutrogena, I use their aqua gel and my face is less flaky 

also maybe u should try find ways to cool your face,like buy hand fan or sumtin 😊

maybe u should just buy a facial steamer, better yet just buy the hair dryer tht have cool air coming out like mine... a hand fan only kipas the air surrounding u, it doesn't give out actual water for moisture hihi

Edited by zhiwei

Just now, zhiwei said:

there is!! I'm using Panasonic, its the na-98,, superrr cool bcs the hair dryer uses nano technology thingy where water particles can come out frm it when you dry your hair, so it doesn't get damaged from the heat 🥰

loooooving it so far bcs it has three modes, hair scalp n face... so after I dry my hair, I would switch it to the skin mode and cool air would come out from it, feels great!

https://www.lazada.com.my/products/panasonic-eh-na98-1800w-hair-dryer-nanoe-na98-eh-na98-k655-i802964622-s1872288308.html?spm=a2o4k.10415192.0.0.5cd146c5I2TdNR&mp=3

maybe u should just buy a facial steamer, better yet just buy the hair dryer tht have cool air coming out like mine... a hand fan only kipas the air surrounding u, it doesn't give out actual water for moisture hihi

ohh, sounds cool but I don't hv money atm 😆 its too pricey for me personally

Edited by tashreen

Just now, zhiwei said:

did u buy at discount? or ori price

Edited by ruwong89

Just now, zhiwei said:

omg,this is just what I need..why la I never heard abt this before,my hair dryer is so basic lol 

I should hv done more research 

Just now, ruwong89 said:

does your hair dryer blows out air too hot? mayb that's why 

its ok,just find a new one...if moisturizer quite hard la to find one tht suits us,it really depends on our skin

yeah it does...my hair darn dry and my face is scaly and flaky im so RIMASSS urghhhh

almost wanna give up already but I think i'll just hv to save money to buy better products 

On 2/13/2021 at 1:08 AM, tashreen said:

ohh, sounds cool but I don't hv money atm 😆 its too pricey for me personally

its okay la, for me its worth it for the features :)u can just add it to your wish list hehe

On 2/13/2021 at 1:17 AM, ruwong89 said:

did u buy at discount? or ori price

no I buy at normal price cz I really wanna invest in a quality hair dryer, and I think this Panasonic one is really worth it 😊

Edited by zhiwei