Sign in to follow this  
bobowaix3

Best Shampoo and Conditioner to treat damaged colored hair

On 1/23/2017 at 8:12 AM, bobowaix3 said:

Hi, I'm new here and I wanna seek advice on what hair products (shampoo, conditioner, treatment, mask, ampoule) that can fix my badly damaged hair due to excessive bleaching and coloring.. Recently I even have dyed my bright red hair back to black in attempt to cover it but now my hair is brittle, tangles easily, no shine and look totally fake like a wig. Very hard to style as well :crybaby:

On 1/23/2017 at 2:29 PM, snowball said:

I have similar issue also. How often you do treatment?

I hope I can help both of you. I have straight white/grey hair (Asian) but mine was damaged by exposure to radiotherapy (very unusual apparently). My hair just looked dead and totally listless. My hairdresser chopped off around 2" off all the ends and suggested that I start using Pro Naturals Moroccan argan oil hair repair system. I did taking care to follow their suggested regime starting off using it for one week then for 5 weeks using what I had been using before, Superdrug's apple & tea tree shampoo & conditioner. Took roughly 5 months to bring my hair back to health. Now it feels smooth, is very shiny and I do not suffer from any frizz, split ends. I will be happy to set out exactly what I did for each shampoo day/week with each product if it would help you. 

On 21/03/2018 at 10:07 AM, Emma Ackermann said:

I don’t think any shampoo or conditioner can help you in hair color damage. Because, shampoos makes the hair thin  which ultimately get fall due to its weakness.

You are correct Emma. In my case my hairdresser trimmed all the split ends FIRST before I started using the Pro-naturals hair repair system.   For hair damage due to colouring it might be advisable to speak to a qualified hairdresser first.