Sign in to follow this  
Desert Flower

After moving to Malaysia I started loosing hair

Dear babes, plz help me!!!:o

I am from Russia. My hair had always been amazing and strong. No health problems. I came to Malaysia in 2012 and immediately it all started(((( terrible hair fall. Now 50% of my hair is gone. 95% of foreigners living in Malaysia suffer from the same problem. When I go back to my country its just back to normal. What to do!! Help!!

May be due to the weather, may need to spend additional effort to keep your scalp clean.

On 9/26/2016 at 3:08 AM, Desert Flower said:

Dear babes, plz help me!!!:o

I am from Russia. My hair had always been amazing and strong. No health problems. I came to Malaysia in 2012 and immediately it all started(((( terrible hair fall. Now 50% of my hair is gone. 95% of foreigners living in Malaysia suffer from the same problem. When I go back to my country its just back to normal. What to do!! Help!!

It sounds as though you might be missing something in your diet maybe??? Have you looked for medical advice? This may be a good first step. It is certainly what I would do as a first step.

Do u have any idea, what could cause hairloss in Asia? Cz i got to know this problem exits almost everywhere is asia: china, vietnam, etc. All my friends and work mates in KL suffer from this. My diet here is poor, but i take supplements. Visited a doctor. She assured me, i dnt have any sign of any desease which causes hairfall (anemia, etc). Thats all is very weird. Whats is wrong here in malaysia?

On 5/10/2016 at 0:58 AM, fred said:

May be due to the weather, may need to spend additional effort to keep your scalp clean.

I wash my hair everyday. Tried multiple shampoos, from safi to organic. What else should i do?

I guess is due to the humid weather here and your body still not used to it. Have you tried vitamin E?

On 1/29/2017 at 11:43 AM, Desert Flower said:

Do u have any idea, what could cause hairloss in Asia? Cz i got to know this problem exits almost everywhere is asia: china, vietnam, etc. All my friends and work mates in KL suffer from this. My diet here is poor, but i take supplements. Visited a doctor. She assured me, i dnt have any sign of any desease which causes hairfall (anemia, etc). Thats all is very weird. Whats is wrong here in malaysia?

I wash my hair everyday. Tried multiple shampoos, from safi to organic. What else should i do?

I googled "does hard water damage hair" and it might be worthwhile taking a read through the page. Here in the UK most hairdressers tell us not to wash our hair daily because it strips the hair of natural oils. I tend to wash my hair every 4th day and I use Optima Tea Tree shampoo & conditioner or Pro-naturals shampoo & conditioner. Once every 2 weeks I also use the Pro-naturals Moroccan argan oil hair mask and after each shampoo/conditioner I always apply the Pro-naturals Moroccan argan oil (this is a great heat protectant)  to the ends & partway up the hair, leave my hair to air dry before curling under my fringe, lift the crown and curl under the rest of my hair using my Karmin G3 Salon Pro Ceramic Hair Straightening Brush, absolutely no damage to hair or hair loss. If the water is "hard" I think you may be able to purchase a filter to attach to the shower head and this might help, apart from this I have nothing else to suggest but if anything I have mentioned helps please let me know.

Karmin G3 Salon Pro Ceramic Hair Straightening Brush

I would suggest you go with Kelapa Shampoo for your hair. In my family, there was this same issue. So our neighbor suggested us to use this product and see the difference. After using it for only 3 weeks she found a difference in her hair fall.  She was so much happy that I can't describe. She had bought this product from Lazada. Over here products are available at reasonable rates. This product is an organic product. So you don't need to worry about its side effects. Just use it once and see the difference.

Stress, diet, hormone can cause hair loss. I went through a period where I'm stress and not able to sleep well for few months. The consequence is terrible. May be you can try some products that's native to you? Can I be the products in Malaysia just cannot suit your condition?