Sign in to follow this  
tomatoboy

A Guide To Malaysian Labour Laws

woo hoo....cool. Been searching for this for a long time.Unfortunately many local companies do not abide by the laws of working hours. How many of you are overworked but underpaid (especially when you deserved an OT but you do not get it)?

woo hoo....cool. Been searching for this for a long time.Unfortunately many local companies do not abide by the laws of working hours. How many of you are overworked but underpaid (especially when you deserved an OT but you do not get it)?

my ofis practice their own law...really suxxx when we work extra but they didn't pay..promise of giving ex-gratia but nothing ever jump in my salary slip

my ofis practice their own law...really suxxx when we work extra but they didn't pay..promise of giving ex-gratia but nothing ever jump in my salary slip

it will all depends on your basic salary, if it is above the RM1.5k, then your company is not obliged to follow EA, it will all depends of the letter of employment then, but if your salary is lower than RM1.5k, any extra hour worked- you should get OT at any cost... wink.gif

The 2 links in this post is invalid. Anyone got the latest Malaysian Labour Laws?

After years of working. I thought I would have known better. Just discovered the company I've worked for almost 1 year doesn't even offer basic medical benefits. Kept saying it's covered by the insurance & will pay by end of the year. That was the 1st company I've ever worked for that NEVER paid for medical benefits although in the employee contracts it's stated so.