Sign in to follow this  
sash1017

Where can I sell my old clothing around in KL?

Hi, I'm an American living in KL and I was wondering if there was any place around the city I could sell my clothes in person and not online. I've been looking for a while. Back in America, I used to sell my clothes or donate them to goodwill. What ever I couldn't sell, I would donate. 

Hi Sash,

Have been looking for that like you, never found anything.

You might still have to sell online & divert to Facebook Groups like Preloved, Selangor Garage Sales Corner, KL Buy & Sell etc to sell you stuff.

Happy selling.

Regards,

Grace

On 16/08/2015 at 10:40 AM, sash1017 said:

Hi, I'm an American living in KL and I was wondering if there was any place around the city I could sell my clothes in person and not online. I've been looking for a while. Back in America, I used to sell my clothes or donate them to goodwill. What ever I couldn't sell, I would donate. 

You can sell your clothes on Carousell...

Edited by Miko Lee

42 minutes ago, Miko Lee said:

You can sell your clothes on Carousell, Mudah or Shopee. 

ya really. carousell is a great place for selling used clothes. At here u can sell your clothes easily and quickly.

Edited by Karen Liew

7 minutes ago, Karen Liew said:

ya really. carousell is a great place for selling used clothes. At here u can sell your clothes easily and quickly.

I have lots of preloved items want to sell. How do I start selling on Carousell?

19 hours ago, Apple Tan said:

I have lots of preloved items want to sell. How do I start selling on Carousell?

Sell on Carousell, it's as simple as snapping to sell.

8 minutes ago, Karen Liew said:

Sell on Carousell, it's as simple as snapping to sell.

What you mean is that I only need to take a photo of stuff to start selling, right?

3 minutes ago, Apple Tan said:

What you mean is that I only need to take a photo of stuff to start selling, right?

yaya, u r totally right. FYI, buying on Carousell is also easy. U can simply purchase ur wanted items by having a simple chat with seller.

Just sharing my experience, I'm not sure about other platforms, but for Carousell has the system to detect scammers. Since i'm not really a high tech person, it really helped me feel safe and secured doing transaction there

3 hours ago, barcamp said:

Just sharing my experience, I'm not sure about other platforms, but for Carousell has the system to detect scammers. Since i'm not really a high tech person, it really helped me feel safe and secured doing transaction there

ya, i also knew that. Carousell has a safer payment system called CarouPay which can allow insight into fraudulent transactions.

3 minutes ago, diana89 said:

What are the other benefits can be enjoyed by carousell sellers?

carousell has a bump feature that takes seller's listing to the top of the category, which can help seller to sell their items faster.

5 hours ago, Karen Liew said:

carousell has a bump feature that takes seller's listing to the top of the category, which can help seller to sell their items faster.

Been enjoying the bump really... or you can also use your social media to spread the word on your items. 

On 05/12/2018 at 1:15 PM, diana89 said:

I think one of the things to look at carousell is that they help you to reach out for potential buyers.. Since the platform is known to resell things at good price. Surely you can simply post your things at social media without any affiliations, but it wont be as well spread and risky cos you need to disclose your personal contact number.  

Carousell is a great platform for selling preloved clothes. It has a great community. The first day I posted sale items I already received various responses from interested buyers.

On 12/5/2018 at 1:15 PM, diana89 said:

This trading platform is super easy to get around and even easier to sell preloved items. I successfully sold my first preloved item within one week.

On 12/5/2018 at 9:19 AM, barcamp said:

Carousell is safe to use, its transactions are safe for the buyers and sellers because all the accounts are verified. At Carousell, we don't have to worry about the scammers.

18 hours ago, zitanita said:

Carousell is a great platform for selling preloved clothes. It has a great community. The first day I posted sale items I already received various responses from interested buyers.

wa, it seems that there're quite a lot of buyers here. If sell preloved items at here, don't worry that those item can't be sold.

On 12/5/2018 at 9:19 AM, barcamp said:

I wonder how the system detects scammers on Carousell?

7 minutes ago, Apple Tan said:

wa, it seems that there're quite a lot of buyers here. If sell preloved items at here, don't worry that those item can't be sold.

I wonder how the system detects scammers on Carousell?

i've experienced this before. whenever an anonymous buyer trying to deal items with me, carousell will suspend the user, they're so quick on this matter. that's why i like to sell on carousell.

On 06/12/2018 at 4:25 PM, Daniel Lee said:

Carousell is safe to use, its transactions are safe for the buyers and sellers because all the accounts are verified. At Carousell, we don't have to worry about the scammers.

Their application have the feature to detect any suspicious accounts. So yeah modern tech