Sign in to follow this  
shadowprincess

Signature Rules

MYB management has come to a decision regarding the size of signatures on the forum. These rules will be effective starting December 17, 2005 and will be enforced strictly. The decision has been made to keep the board looking neat and aligned properly (if u notice, pictures that are too large have an effect on the allignments of the pages). You will all be given an adjustment period of two weeks(from December 17 - December 31) where you will be reminded of the rule shall u ever break it and you will be EXPECTED to take down the oversized signature and adjusting it again before reposting. However, after that two weeks, oversized signatures will be deleted without notice or you just might get your warning bar increased. Your co-operation is greatly appreciated.

These are the three allowed schemes for your personal signature :

ONE >> All text <<

header - size 4

line 1 - size 2

line 2

line 3

line 4

line 5

line 6

line 7

TWO >> Only Image <<

Images for an only image signature shall no larger than:

600 X 100

user posted image

THREE >> Text + Image <<

For a combi signature, images should be no larger that:

600 X 60

user posted image

line 1 - size 2

line 2

line 3

line 4

In short, ALL signatures should be no HIGHER than 1.5 inches / 3.5cm and no LONGER than 10 inches / 25cm. A bit of common sense applies here as well. It is not a must to follow the font size BUT it is definately A MUST to remain within the stated height and width of the allowed signature space.

FAQ

Q: What if my signature is amller than what has been proposed?

A: If this is true, there is nothing to worry about.

Q: The example shown for scheme one says one line of size font 4 and 7 lines of size font 2. Is it ok if i use 10 lines of size font 1 instead?

A: Well, as mentioned earlier, use a little common sense for this one... as long as its within the range of "no HIGHER than 1.5 inches / 3.5cm and no LONGER than 10 inches / 25cm" then you are fine.

Q: What if i were to use the third scheme (combi siggie), and i have a 600 X 30 image. Can i have more lines of text?

A: Again, as mentioned earlier, use a little common sense for this one... as long as its within the range of "no HIGHER than 1.5 inches / 3.5cm and no LONGER than 10 inches / 25cm" then you are fine.

Q: How can i measure whether its the right size?

A: Regarding the images, you can use whatever image tools you use to resize your pics to get the correct pixel size. As for the whole signature as a whole, well, you'll have to use your imagination wont you? In any case, using a ruler to check WONT HURT.

for those who have not adjusted their signatures according to the new rules please do so. the management team will start deleting over-sized signatures by next week.

For all new members, please read the signature rules before inserting any images that might be too big and for all old members, please abide by the rules. Thank you.

we will be enforcing this rule in full force from now onwards.. we have been really lax lately due to the recent upgrade in the forum... however, now that things are on track, we will be enforcing all our rules startign today...

please note that if you do not comply with the signature rules, your signature will be deleted without prior notice...

Please review your signature to make sure it comply with the rule, or else your signature will be deleted without notice. Thanks.

Sign in to follow this