Sign in to follow this  
addybaker

Wedding Dress Styles that are Complimentary

Most women have the image of their perfect wedding dress impressed in their minds. Mine was a big puffy princess dress, which was meant to make me feel like an angel on the day. However, the dress that stunned the room was a fitted column with a very long train! Choosing the perfect wedding dress is harder than it initially appears. Although it is very tempting to stick to a specific style of dress, it is definitely advisable to try various cuts and styles, even if you are convinced that is not the right one (like I was until I was made to try column dress on). Here is a few examples of the wedding dress styles available:

A-Line Dress

The most popular style of wedding dresses is probably the A-line dress, which essentially is a closely fitted bodice with an A-shaped skirt. The skirt can sometimes be quite full with lots of inner petticoats, or simply a column dress with a flare at the hem. This particular style, with very little adjustments, can suit all shapes and sizes. The fitted bodice helps create a flatter tummy and slimmer waistline, while its shape flatters the bust. Ladies with smaller bust can wear a padded bra (or add separate padding) to balance the shape, while heavy bust can be supported using boned corsetry (although support is usually built within the bodice). The skirt also effectively covers up wider hips, while giving some shape to narrower hips.

Princess-Line Dress

This style is very commonly assumed to be the same as A-Line lunadress. The way to tell the two styles apart would be by the three vertical panels making up the front of the Princess-Line dress, as well as the absence of any seam at the waistline. This shape, in a similar way to A-line dresses, suits most women with a little adjustment and thus is very popular.