Lina Chin

Gaining weight after liposuction?!

4 posts in this topic

I've been hearing about many people who've gained weight not long after undergoing liposuction. For those who have a lot of fat removed, how long did your results last? If you gained weight after surgery, did the weight affected your body proportions? Do you have to decrease calories or increase exercise to maintain the post-surgery body? I am really concerned that I will go through my surgery and end up putting on weight in other areas of the body. I am in the normal weight range and do life a healthy lifestyle, so I think that I would be all right, however I am really surprised and concerned.

Fat cells that are removed through liposuction do not grow back.Thus, the new body’s shape obtained after a liposuction is fairly permanent. However, that doesn't imply that your will not gain any weight. If the patient did gained, nonetheless, his or her figure will simply be a bigger version of the new body shape.

I can tell, as I myself have undergone a liboscution 5 years ago to remove excess fat from my thigh and bottocks. The surgery was a life change experince for me as it transform my body shape in a way that I've never dreamt of before. Though I've been butting up and losing weight (ON and OFF) since then, My figure has remained the way it was just after the surgery. The doctor who performed the surgery was Dr.Jes from dermlaze clinic. You may contact him to provide you a better feedback about libosuction result.

After all it's much better  to obtain answers from experinced doctors as they know the outcome of the procedure better than you and me :)

Edited by Carmen Leong

Thanks for the feedback Carmen :), after you've done the surgery, did the doctor tell you what to do to maintain your body shape? Like whether to decrease your calorie intake or do a lot of exercise? Also, are there post treatment sessions after the surgery? Sorry for asking a lot hehe.