Sign in to follow this  
Nat_Nat0Lie

Stubborn girl

What should you do if u r 21, super stubborn, super independent, hates rules, wanna live on your own have problems at home, does not like to be at home because of certain reasons,...but hafta live with family members with very VERY strict rules and stuff to tolerate. Apart from that there are many luxuries, you will feel so bad because lots of things you have to follow and you are so super sentive where you actually have to tolerate things that you would not know why are u still living coz u r terribly not happy doing things and following rules which u r not like tat..

What will u do leh?

hemmmm~~~~in tht case ur kind da a very2 super stubborn gurls.. lack of discipline and receiving less of love in ur whole life.in tht case i wont blame u, i blame ur parent's, by not teaching and giving u good lesson and by not giving u lots of attention and growing love methods on their way raising u to be a very good an independent women. (they using strict way to teach u tht mean they teach u to bcome a very2 strong hearted gurlz and tht way will not teach u much,just make it even worst i guess) independent person,does not mean u will forgeting ur roots,if like tht i'm pity for them.still young just 21 years old, still need lotsa supporting from family members,even u stay seperately from them.hate rules: haiyaa wat can i say,all discipline matters,tht mean u kind da "pemberontak" thru ur self. if me like tht oso dunno wat to do,but i guess just find one trusty friend and try to discuss abt this matters with him/her. biggrin.gif

What should you do if u r 21, super stubborn, super independent, hates rules, wanna live on your own have problems at home, does not like to be at home because of certain reasons,...but hafta live with family members with very VERY strict rules and stuff to tolerate. Apart from that there are many luxuries, you will feel so bad because lots of things you have to follow and you are so super sentive where you actually have to tolerate things that you would not know why are u still living coz u r terribly not happy doing things and following rules which u r not like tat..

What will u do leh?

from your description of this person, it seems the attributes and characteristics can match except for the statement that this person is 'super-independent'. this person described is actually super-dependent on others. if this person were someone independent what more super-independent, then this person would not have to live with other people and expected to follow their rules.

the first thing to do is to check the mindset and acknowledge the dependency on others for livelihood. perhaps some gratitude is in order, then maybe this person will not fall into the super-idiot category.

I think this is still under the rebellious tennage age although this person is 21....guess this person matures slower than his or her peers....

I guess it's pretty normal for an 18-year old fella screaming that he or she is INDEPENDENT enough and think he or she can deal with any stress out there....many times, they think things are easy and not as complicated as what their parents or older siblings think......

no curfew, mingle with bad friends and so on...one motto they like to seal at the tip of their tongue, which is LET ME GROW UP THE WAY I WANT TO GROW.....sure, this is perfectly great...but when one day things get out of hand and this person will come back to the stage and say I BECOME WHO I AM TODAY BECAUSE MY FAMILY DIDNT CARE AND DIDNT SHOW ME LOVE.....

UIIISSHHHHH....hated this kind of ppl....i call this SUPER IMMATURE AND IDIOTA....

Wanna really know if you're independant, MOVE OUT and get a taste of real life. I don't think you'll like it that you're paying ALL the bills and have not enough to eat, unless of course you earn like RM5k a month. It's hard enough to survive in KL with earning lesser than that. or maybe is it just moi?

i think.... sometimes being stubborn is just trying to have evrything your way..

when i get stubborn (usually with my bf and mum) i dun like what they want me to do, so i sulk, grumble, argue, and being a thick headed bull until i have it MY way.

but, like what epileatheral said, only solution is to grow up.

you can't have everything your way.

What will u do leh?

if im that ah..hmm...i think i better put myself to test by being really independent - MOVING out and pay ur own bills, minus all the luxuries that all ur parents provide..

YESH! Go out and live on your own 100%, wash your own clothes with hands, if you have a car, pay the installments, and the petrol yourself, queue up long queues to pay bills..

Then, you'll appreciate the rules! Everything has a price in this world, you want something, u need to sacrifice something. No one takes or gives forever in this world.

YESH! Go out and live on your own 100%, wash your own clothes with hands, if you have a car, pay the installments, and the petrol yourself, queue up long queues to pay bills..

Then, you'll appreciate the rules! Everything has a price in this world, you want something, u need to sacrifice something. No one takes or gives forever in this world.

true that!

Haha.. I was elaborating on your idea.

I think most of us goes tru this stage. When you are out there to earn your own bread and butter, you'll miss those luxuries you had when you are still staying at home.

Nat, I've been there and done that at 19 biggrin.gif

Trust me, there's no place like home.

I had to handwash my clothes. Wake up early to iron them before I go to class. Wash the toilet. Get bitten by mosquitoes at night. Sleep without air-conditioning. Survive on my meagre allowance eating 3 meals a day (most of the time really awful stuff or Maggi mee). Take public transport everywhere since my mum can't "drop me off" anymore. Wash other people's dishes and pots and stuff cos they just leave it in the sink.

Well, the list goes on.

I was "super-independent" too tongue.gif

But I went home after 2 months.

That is still okay when u got allowance from you parents. It's even worst if u r 100% independant.. when U have to earn every single cent by yourself.

Well... Blaming ur parent will be wrong. Going out to stay and realising what life is would be good. Or as some would say. Grow up

Nat, I've been there and done that at 19 biggrin.gif

I had to handwash my clothes. Wake up early to iron them before I go to class. Wash the toilet. Get bitten by mosquitoes at night. Sleep without air-conditioning. Survive on my meagre allowance eating 3 meals a day (most of the time really awful stuff or Maggi mee). Take public transport everywhere since my mum can't "drop me off" anymore. Wash other people's dishes and pots and stuff cos they just leave it in the sink.

Well, the list goes on.

I was "super-independent" too tongue.gif

But I went home after 2 months.

tongue.gif yeah! there's no place like home

21 and stubborn?

what are you waiting for, go out and live on your own.

its either you made it or you don't.

which ever way, you are 21, go out there and be your own master in life.

yala.. 21 is not young anymore wat..

Eh KNNB, i like your nick.. reminds me of my office terminal password, knnmccb... muahahah

yala.. 21 is not young anymore wat..

Eh KNNB, i like your nick.. reminds me of my office terminal password, knnmccb... muahahah

Lol. Nice password

Well. I am 21. And i just got out of my pampered home to work. And now i really appreciate my parents help and the food and the pocket money. Since ur 21 now. Why not try stepping out of ur confined space which is making u sick. and smell the shit outside?

What will u do leh?

Try to get out of my home...

What I did...further my studies in overseas...far far away fr home...miss home during that period I been away but nvr regret...at least I learn bout the real world outside...

You nvr knows how inconvenience it is...living alone...untill you really experience it...

i agree 2~

"There is no place lik home"... i stay in hostel for past 2 yrs... and i dun really lik it.. when go back hostel... no one is there to care u... feel as if so lonely... so let out by de society.. no one to talk to.. no tv.. no ppl.. no pc.. wat also dun hav.. onli me and the room.. biggrin.gif tat's y i moved back to my home straight after i got my driving license.. ^-^

But i do understand ur situation.. cos different family.. different story.. try to get understanding from ur loves 1 aka parent,sibling,etc... let them know how u feel...

What will u do leh?

In life not all the time it's about living by ur own rules n doing things the way u like it or want it, it's sometimes being tolerant or learn to be tolerant n live wif the rules set by others

learn to give n take.. for all the luxuries n even basic living needs they provide u, return the favour by abiding the rules n ways they set

Reveur's quote "I do not have an attitude problem, you have perception problem" and im referring to ur parents where they do not have anything against u but u're just perceiving it tat way

did u watch the news on tv ? hundreds of thousand of ppl in pakistan are hanging by the edge coz there is no place called home for them anymore, they can't even be bothered to complain strict rules anymore coz they're really in need of something which u got at home right now

home sweet home.. there is no place on earth like home

erileatheral,

thanks for liking my nikname.

when I was young, I am full of crap everytime I open mu mouth. I think that is manhood.

then when I start to work and knows my girlfriend and become my wife, I think it is responsible to behave like a new age man.

Well, its all behind now, I am who I am.

A devil is always a devil and happy to be one smile.gif

In life not all the time it's about living by ur own rules n doing things the way u like it or want it, it's sometimes being tolerant or learn to be tolerant n live wif the rules set by others

learn to give n take.. for all the luxuries n even basic living needs they provide u, return the favour by abiding the rules n ways they set

Reveur's quote "I do not have an attitude problem, you have perception problem" and im referring to ur parents where they do not have anything against u but u're just perceiving it tat way

did u watch the news on tv ? hundreds of thousand of ppl in pakistan are hanging by the edge coz there is no place called home for them anymore, they can't even be bothered to complain strict rules anymore coz they're really in need of something which u got at home right now

home sweet home.. there is no place on earth like home

well said clapping.gif i reckon many should ponder upon this...sometimes, it's good to bear in mind with questions like 'what if'....of course, not to live with that all the time...

to add on, it's good to look at the other side, the good side of things....one will feel better that way...

What will u do leh?

Hey SuperIndependent Babe!!

Looks like most of the Guys is cheering for you to move out.

While most of the Babes is reminding you of your home.

If you are still struggling and undecided, I hope my opinion...

The world is not fair!

Life is not fair... dont be fooled by all the TV programs. Things that are happening to you are not fair... to you. So don't be dishearted.

Tolerant and patience are admirable qualities!

Do you agree or not? I said its admirable because these qualities will add wisdom to any person... bcoz it allows the person to think and understand other people. Strict rules are used by your parents to teach and train you with this qualities.

Do you think you are smart?

Smart people have 2 types.

1. Smart people who say they are smart and know all.

2. Sherlock Holmes is a character who understand other people and things... and able to solve crimes.

Who do you think is the real smart. To me a person with 120 IQ but cannot understand someone with 80 IQ is no smarter than a person with 90 IQ but understands lower intellect people. Its just my logic.

Everyday I hear people being no.1 but its the no.2 people who gets things done. Thats why I never consider myself as smart and always learn from others, even people lower IQ than me. Then again I cannot tell who has more IQ or less.

Rules are made to be broken...

... only under special conditions!

Someday you will make rules, and understand what it means. There are meaning to the rules your parents set. Politely speak with your siblings, and ask them what are the rules your parents set is going to achieve... and maybe your parents may teach you. Learn, understand and grow smarter!

Think outside the box

Have you heard that before? How many times? How many people think out of the box? Guess what?

Smart people Think within the box and MAXIMIZE the potential within the box first! Easy to say Think out but inside is immediately available to grow and develop. Besides, those ppl just give up never try hard enough, immediately went outside.

...Think inside the box, FIRST!

My personal experience...

Sometimes I have the opportunity to work in new projects. If I like the project, I will work hard for it. Maybe share my opinions and consider what people say to improve what I do and the project.

If I hate it... whether its leader, the cause or I think its stupid waste of time!

I won't even f*** it. Why waste my time and energy. Even if I want to 'f***' something it has to be worth my time and effort. (no pun intended, I dont use f*** in that many of my postings, but when I use it, I mean it!) I hate it, I won't give a darn! I will just to it and get it over with. If it crash and burn, to hell with it.

Your parents scold you and have difficult rules on you becoz they love you and care for your wellbeing. You heard of what some call HARD LOVE?

The question is, do you love yourself?

Do you love your parents and family? (They love you what, from their actions!)

If you love them, why dont you learn from them?

If you love them, why dont you compromise with them?

If you love thme, why dont you please them and make them happy?

If you are a parent, what would you want from your child?

Maybe they impose silly rules on you. Too bad your parents are not talented and understand you. But they are trying to be your parents and loving you. Caring you. Remember I said, the world is not fair... some people got better parents than you do. But that does not mean you should give up. They are your family and parents! Think within your family...

If all else fails... and you intelligence and love cannot overcome your hormones for rebellious.... thats why I said 26+ is the true age of maturity, not 21. 21 only means pple become taller, stronger, bigger, but not yet wiser. 21 is small

(BREAK IN CASE OF EMERGENCY!)

If all else fails, pack your clothings, move into store room, buy a mat, sleep on the floor. Ask your parents how much rent should you pay. Cook your own meals, buy your own furniture. Dont watch their TV, dont use their stuff, do your own laundry.

Get a newspaper, look for somewhere to move out to... Call with your own handphone or public phone, to look for a place to stay, look for a job, collect your own money for downpayment rent. Everyday count how much money you have.

One last thing.

If you cannot live with people who loves you.... how can you live with yourself? or live with strangers, roomates, friends or even boyfriend?

When you reach 27... you will see things differently. Hopefully more wiser...

Thats my 2 cents opinion and some experience.

Enjoy your last piece of chocolate & Good luck!

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance (one of the US president)

But if you cannot afford anything, freedom is only an illusion, (me)