Sign in to follow this  
epileatheral

Aircraft Graveyard

Oh my god! This is craziness.... the US Aircraft Graveyard! It's so so so so so HUGE!! There's thousands of planes there! The place is almost the size of SINGAPORE!

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

if only i can get hold of their destruction contract.. tongue.gif tons of metal there.... tongue.gif

Well, there are several of these, all located in the desert areas in southern United States. Many of them are private, civilian-owned facilities, providing long term storage service for the jets that are grounded by airlines. Some older models (such as the DC-9, 727 etc.) are probably never gonna fly again and will end up as scrap. Others, such as a 5 yr-old 747-400 from SIA, will be sold, and take to the sky after a brief stay.

Wow, that's only because they got so much land. if like malaysia, they can throw into south china sea. kkekekeke

I don't think that's the only reason! Malaysia where got so many planes to dispose? I think not even 0.1 percent of that!

just curious, are the fighter jets there is still in working condition ?

and there's A LOT of old F-14 and B-52 there...WOW..

just imagine how much energy is wasted in making those machines sad.gif ...

someone should sue the us government for wasting precious energy... see now we r facing a limited supply already ranting.gif

Wow, that's only because they got so much land. if like malaysia, they can throw into south china sea. kkekekeke

hmm... i sometimes joke that malaysian air force pilots fly their aircraft into the south china sea even when it is still brand new.

oh well its not jokes for me,cos jet is still a machine tht cant think by their own self...human controlling it,with their experience and machine do make mistake,if not y for an example in europe,lotsa of jets and aeroplanes crash and machine not alwiz perfect even its really brand new born baby....machineee maaaaa biggrin.gif

give me one lar.. so kamsiap

darn yankies

I don't think they are functioning, else, they wont scrap it here.

i think they r moth-balled (i don't know if spelling is correct).. meaning they r kept in storage area in working condition... but can see some that have been scraped.. those are the ones with their wings and parts cut up.

yeah.. moth-balled is the term they use. Some are being destroyed. There's one part where u can see a line of B52's waiting to be destroyed.

funny thing is they have so much resources to build things and just leave it there... but when disaster coming whole world is donating food and fund to them...

QUOTE (epileatheral @ Nov 16 2005, 09:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yeah.. moth-balled is the term they use. Some are being destroyed. There's one part where u can see a line of B52's waiting to be destroyed.

US Air Force policy: if a spare part is unable, cannibalize a working spare part from an aircraft that can no longer fly. In other words, "organ donation"