Sign in to follow this  
missyjac

Indian Glass Bangles

Im in love with these indian bangles..

i love the jingly sound when it clashes together smile.gif

i have 3 sets at home, 2 of which are fully imported from India. Bought them from the Curve flea Market.

Some places like MV 1st floor, they sell it pretty expensive as it is imported and the quality is really good !

below are some of the examples of what im talkin bout. . not so nice lah cos its hard to find online sad.gif

I dont have a picture of mine, but ill try to post it up soon : )

I have two something similar to this below.. mine is gold with glass and black, another is green n black. .

user posted image

user posted image

Hi missyjac,

nice ones.... i got some too they are nice versatile and fashion of all times if goes with the right dress/clothes.

Those in shopping complexes tends to be more expensive. Those places like Masjid India, Masjid Jamek area you shd be able to find em cheaper and more variety.

Yes you should !

I was gonna go there . . oh well maybe later.

Gonna get the henna tattoo liquid if i can find . .

They sell this in full sets . . like the first picture.. the whole of the same colour.

be sure to find these types cos i have one set from my bf (a cheap one) which the glitter will come out all loose.

planning to get more smile.gif

skye : kinda started a trend with these ; ) There were a huge variety in the flea market but i guess they sold out. How much did u purchase yours?

oh god, im a big fan of indian accessories.

ive got a lot of these bangles but they usually dont last long. quality usually isnt that good. when i was in india, i went berserk. things were so cheap and they look so much better than the ones you have back in m'sia.

apart from the bangles, i love pottus, saris, henna tattoos, toe rings, punjabi suits and etc. you name it, ive got it! biggrin.gif

Mine was bought some time back..... cant exactly recall but it was cheap LOL but it was funny seeing those indian eye seeing the chinese girl buying the bangles ! LOL ! so much fun seeing them happily selling em to me (like with pride or something from those old man faces) or maybe its just "making more margin out from this chinese girl" LOL !

I'm tempte to get some of those indian type of clothing too.... not sure what its called but not the sari type. Saw few of em during the deepavali time but got no time to check em out la.

OT: (sounds like an indian fashion thread actually tongue.gif)

i want a sari too !! am wanting to get a kurti as well. those punjabi suits are actually kinda cute too . . in this country, being multi racial and everyone mixed n stuff, it's ok for a chinese girl to buy indian things and vice versa.

becky : my bangles are very good condition . . not that cheap either. . whats pottu ?

skye : perhaps u could post up a pic of the costume ure looking for ?

Once, some time back these indians asked if i wanted to purchase their earrings too, the one shaped like a bell ? I can't remember what you call 'em though . . bought loadsa stuff - n yeah they looked really happy ! guess they're really proud, huh ?

Oooh I love saris!!!! Not for wearing, but as decoration. I love rich, exotic indian colors! Vibrant silks, mohagony wood, gold accessories and the smell of jasmine....LOVELY!

OT: (sounds like an indian fashion thread actually tongue.gif)

i want a sari too !! am wanting to get a kurti as well. those punjabi suits are actually kinda cute too . . in this country, being multi racial and everyone mixed n stuff, it's ok for a chinese girl to buy indian things and vice versa.

becky : my bangles are very good condition . . not that cheap either. . whats pottu ?

skye : perhaps u could post up a pic of the costume ure looking for ?

Once, some time back these indians asked if i wanted to purchase their earrings too, the one shaped like a bell ? I can't remember what you call 'em though . . bought loadsa stuff - n yeah they looked really happy ! guess they're really proud, huh ?

jac, pottus are the lil dots indian girls put on their forehead. biggrin.gif mine are stickers though. biggrin.gif

Gurls,

we shd have an indian nite ! LOL (chance for us to buy a sari or punjabi suit to wear with good reason) hehehehe..... evil me ! I will try to see if i can find a pic of the suit that i was mentioning earlier ya. Ya, saw those bell thingy too last time. U go to any of their shop got loads of stuff like those "pottu" that becky was talking abt too. Some is very nice not just a dot coloured but with some sparkling thingy n etc.

Ohh .. then i know what that dot is !!

Ive been wanting to do those kinda make up with rhimestones on youd eyebrow or the sides extending the eye . . n dress up really indian-ish !

N yes ! definitely Bright Vibrant Colours !!

Thing is we as Chinese wearing the pottu wouldnt it look weird.. its somewhat their symbolism of their religion isnt it ?

EVEN indian slippers are reaaallly cuuute !!

Justina sounds so excited ! tongue.gif

Is there any symbolism for wearing those indian bell thingies?

i luv bell anklets too though

Ohh .. then i know what that dot is !!

Ive been wanting to do those kinda make up with rhimestones on youd eyebrow or the sides extending the eye . . n dress up really indian-ish !

N yes ! definitely Bright Vibrant Colours !!

Thing is we as Chinese wearing the pottu wouldnt it look weird.. its somewhat their symbolism of their religion isnt it ?

EVEN indian slippers are reaaallly cuuute !!

Justina sounds so excited ! tongue.gif

Is there any symbolism for wearing those indian bell thingies?

i luv bell anklets too though

haha no we wont look weird. i wear it often but i get mistaken as an indian at times because of my nose stud too. heh. smile.gif

Ehehe jac of course excited la...hahaa its always exciting to do stuff out of the ordinary don't u think? Anyways, I'm so bored with the regular mass-produced furniture that u find at Ikea. My comforter is orange faux silk by the way biggrin.gif

i got some recently in masjid india too.. nice! plus can bargain...

IIANM, it's RM8 for a set of 12...

me n my fren was buying, then in the end the boss asked... "why ah? got bollywood night ah?" hahaha... considering we are chinese... tongue.gif

"no, jz for fun.. cz we like!" wub.gif

lol, good job there wani! nice!

when my mom gets to india again next year, i'll get her to buy them for me. whee :)

lol, good job there wani! nice!

when my mom gets to india again next year, i'll get her to buy them for me. whee :)

Thks :D ...anyway u can find a lot more beautiful designs at india coz india is the place where those accesories origin from :)

"AmbikaTraders"We are Manufacturer, Wholesalers/ Supplies, Exporters in all Types of Bangles Like:Plastic,Glass,Metal,lakh,etc.

Shop Address in india:- Ambika Traders , Shop no:-2, Kandpile Sadan, B.k Road , Mulund East, Mumbai :- 400081

2 minutes ago, Ambika Traders said:

"AmbikaTraders"We are Manufacturer, Wholesalers/ Supplies, Exporters in all Types of Bangles Like:Plastic,Glass,Metal,lakh,etc.

Shop Address in india:- Ambika Traders , Shop no:-2, Kandpile Sadan, B.k Road , Mulund East, Mumbai :- 400081

Edited by Ambika Traders
No reason