Sign in to follow this  
WhitneySoo

Trip to Melbourne~~

Hi all..I'm planning to go to Melbourne for holiday for maybe around 7-8 days..want to go and experience winter time..hehe! I heard that they have good coffee and awesome cafes..Can anyone recommend? Also, I've never experienced cold weather..so please give me some tips of what I should and shouldn't bring/wear? Thanks a bunch~

there are cafes everywhere in western countries so you don't really need to be afraid of which cafe is good or not. i quite like godiva's mochaccino and that's what i would recommend. melbourne is well-known for having 4 seasons in a day... so i can't really advise you much as i experienced pure summer and winter within 24 hrs in my last trip to melbourne. basically u can bring a winter wear like the colourful furry jacket sold in uniqlo. i don't remember its name now... and bring a scarf. since this is ur first time, bring a beanie too to keep ur head warm. and bring long jeans and long sleeves top.

hope this info helps. 

there are cafes everywhere in western countries so you don't really need to be afraid of which cafe is good or not. i quite like godiva's mochaccino and that's what i would recommend. melbourne is well-known for having 4 seasons in a day... so i can't really advise you much as i experienced pure summer and winter within 24 hrs in my last trip to melbourne. basically u can bring a winter wear like the colourful furry jacket sold in uniqlo. i don't remember its name now... and bring a scarf. since this is ur first time, bring a beanie too to keep ur head warm. and bring long jeans and long sleeves top.

hope this info helps. 

Thanks for the info babe, appreciate so much. i just look through the internet that day, Philip Island looks quite nice, have you been there?

I didnt get to go to philip islands coz i had a curfew when i was in melbourne. Anyways, u get to see penguins there. Include ocean road too. :-) try to yumcha by the beach. :-)

I didnt get to go to philip islands coz i had a curfew when i was in melbourne. Anyways, u get to see penguins there. Include ocean road too. :-) try to yumcha by the beach. :-)

oh ok, is it possible that for me to see wild penguins? or i sort like a tour thingy?

Hi, I am also planning to visit Australia. Would very much appreciate if you could kindly share your itinerary, lodging, mode of transport and etc. I am doing a DIY trip. Thanks dear.

Hi all..I'm planning to go to Melbourne for holiday for maybe around 7-8 days..want to go and experience winter time..hehe! I heard that they have good coffee and awesome cafes Paris shuttle airport ..Can anyone recommend? Also, I've never experienced cold weather..so please give me some tips of what I should and shouldn't bring/wear? Thanks a bunch~

first of all, it's a good place to visit, thanks for visiting. LOL

First you need to need to organize insurance. Try a local travel agent or your airline or airport for help on that.

Next you need the flights to Melbourne. Try australian airlines Qantas (Our national airline, great service), Jetstar (Run by the same company as Qantas, cheaper flights), Virgin Blue or an American airline.

A hotel/motel/hostel to stay. Because Melbourne airport is quite far away from the city or cbd (central business district, the middle of melbourne), so make sure you take the airport bus (It's red, you can't miss it!) or get a transfer with your hotel. Depending on your budget, you could try a hostel (Bunk rooms, backpacker-y), a motel (private rooms, cheaper though than a hotel) or a hotel, also depending on how long you are staying for.

When you are in Melbourne, here are some tips, after living here my whole life, i know some tips. LOL

* Use the City Circle Tram, it's an olden day tram and runs around the city counter-clockwise.

*Go to Federation Square. At Fed Square, look for the tourist info place, it's like a giant diamond, enter, walk down the stairs and line up for help. The people there are soooo helpful, they plan everything, and can help with hotels, the tram, food, EVERYTHING.

*Make sure you walk at the traffic lights, the victorian (melbourne) police are getting strict at people not crossing at lights, and fine them $200 aud.

*use public transport, esp the FREE city circle tram. :)

*make sure to visit everywhere that is free first, then spend money to get into places.

*make sure you go to flinders street station, fed square, the museum, mcg, docklands. :)

good luck, stay safe and HAVE FUN.

Edited by Tilly Shaw

I realised that there are different websites that provide VISA application service for Australia and the price can be very different. Do search more and get one with more reasonable price.