Sign in to follow this  
samuelinyap

Which card got the highest rewards points?

I can see most of the bank already got give 5 times rewards points.. but if not mistaken now HSBC got give away 8 times rewards points. but only allowed you to spend in certain mall like Gardens etc.. normally bank will gives rewards points as freebies after card have been activated

I can see most of the bank already got give 5 times rewards points.. but if not mistaken now HSBC got give away 8 times rewards points. but only allowed you to spend in certain mall like Gardens etc.. normally bank will gives rewards points as freebies after card have been activated

Apparently bank is playing smart when giving out the freebies nowadays . This is to make sure that they will get more sign up ! Recently I just signup Citi Platinum Rewards Card as they offered me 20k rewards points upon sign up. I manage to maximise the earning of rewards points when I select the category that i spend more often. ie :  if I spend RM200 in Topman/Zara in any outlet..I will get 1000 rewards point in each month...That's alot of points !

Edited by weiyaow

Wanted to get Maybank 2 Platinum Card but then when you use Amex can get 5 times points & rebates which not much shops accepted Amex Card yet. 

For Citi Rewards card, how does the category selection will help in points redemption? What is the minimum requirement and annual fees? anyone here knows?

Wanted to get Maybank 2 Platinum Card but then when you use Amex can get 5 times points & rebates which not much shops accepted Amex Card yet. 

For Citi Rewards card, how does the category selection will help in points redemption? What is the minimum requirement and annual fees? anyone here knows?

Yes exactly...you can select whichever category that you think you probably spend more ...then you will get maximum points. Category got fews to choose like "Travel" and "Entertainment. The spending for "Travel" category shall not exceed RM12k per Year.let say you have exceeded the cap, only can get 1x point . To apply this card you must have minimum earning of RM36,000 per year and have to pay RM100 per selected category. Check this out if you want to know more detail 
Edited by weiyaow