Sign in to follow this  
WildBerry

Rabbits and Bunnies

Awwwwwww... After viewing the pictures, the rabbit and bunnies are soooo cute....

How i wish i can rear one at home but need time commitment :crybaby:

I have a LehBit named LingLing which is about 3 yrs old and weigh 2.8kg....Is she overweight? Normally i feed her with carrots, sometimes leafy veges and also the rabbit food i bought from Pet's Safari called BriterBunny. For snacks, she loves plain crackers....cant explain y myself....

Caterpillar,normally rabbits wont bite but when they're under stress, example : environment changes, they tend to be restless and agitated. My experience is that when i brought her back to my hometown earlier this year, she gets angry and agitated whenever i approached or touched her like i usually do. She even bitten my hand twice....but that's special case, normally she behaves.

The scariest thing which happened was that that's this one time i 'tumpang' her at my friend's when i off to Seremban. Ended up i receive a call from my friend that my LingLing fought with another female rabbit in her house and that opponent has been sent for stitches at vet clinic. That shocked my guts out that my pet can be so violent -.-!!.....but i do learn something from her, i.e. Be A Fighter :X

Anyone has funny stuff about bunnies to share? I just cant get enuff with these cuties.

This is my LingLing

20080225_03.jpg

And another beauty pic of hers :P

20080225_02.jpg

Edited by jocall123

haha the labbit pict makes my day. hee.. my baby name called mocha.. hmm 4yrs old a mother of 6. haha :wub:

wow wow ! mother of 6 ??? how u handle all ? :X

i hope they're all separated/spayed/neutered or else it will multiple very fast :P

I have a LehBit named LingLing which is about 3 yrs old and weigh 2.8kg....Is she overweight? Normally i feed her with carrots, sometimes leafy veges and also the rabbit food i bought from Pet's Safari called BriterBunny. For snacks, she loves plain crackers....cant explain y myself....

she doesn't seems to be overweight. adult rabbit should be given more fiber contents rather than proteins which means more hay or hay based pellets and less britter bunny :P

i know...all rabbits somehow love britter bunny, they'll just go crazy over it...

Wow i love all the bunny pics here. I used to hav one when i was at 6yrs old. Lookin at such pics...so tempted la.

How many types of rabbits out there?? I dun hav a garden wor, if i get one, it dun hav place to explore rite? How to take care of them and wats the maintenance like? Any injection needed?

anybody wanna buy my baby bunnies? :(

u can check their pics from here http://leppit.blogspot.com/

but they've gotten fatter now :X

Cute little bunny.. male or female.. If I'm buying all of them any discounts ha... just askinglah if can.. :wink3:

I have 3 mummy bunny now.. with 16 kits. about 2 weeks old.. can wait to see they running and hopping around. :clapclap:

How many types of rabbits out there?? I dun hav a garden wor, if i get one, it dun hav place to explore rite? How to take care of them and wats the maintenance like? Any injection needed?

many types of rabbits ah !!

i don't have a garden too but i let them out to run around my room few hours every day for exercise :P

maintenance = clean their litters, feed them, pet them, play with them.

no injections needed unless they're infected with some skin diseases like mange, etc.

Cute little bunny.. male or female.. If I'm buying all of them any discounts ha... just askinglah if can.. :wink3:

aiks, sold out jor those baby bunnies. new batch coming soon ! u can subscribe for the mailing list to keep updated when the new babies arrive ! hehe...

discounts? very cheap already wo...but we can negotiate to certain terms since we don't plan to earn money from selling them anyway, just want to bring happiness and joy of having rabbits as pets ;)

i got more rabbits...

how many ah? :P

uncontrolled breeding can be reallly alot and scarry :P

Thanks sissone for ur reply!:)

I'm looking forward to see your upcoming new rabbit babbies. hehe

aiks, sold out jor those baby bunnies. new batch coming soon ! u can subscribe for the mailing list to keep updated when the new babies arrive ! hehe...

discounts? very cheap already wo...but we can negotiate to certain terms since we don't plan to earn money from selling them anyway, just want to bring happiness and joy of having rabbits as pets ;)

..............................................................................................

Sissone I'm the one that buying those cute bunny lop from you. Nice deal lah.. :thumbup1:

Now they got name.. I name them MILO and KOKO. Very2 manja. :lol1:

Yes ... you r right .. they still young but very good in toilet traning. I just let them move all over the house. Never keep them in the cages.

They very happy running here and there. But went it's time to pee or pee. They know what to do and go.

My family love them very much.. :clapclap:

Send my regard to your BF. :wink3:

Edited by HappyMummy

Sissone I'm the one that buying those cute bunny lop from you. Nice deal lah.. :thumbup1:

Now they got name.. I name them MILO and KOKO. Very2 manja. :lol1:

Yes ... you r right .. they still young but very good in toilet traning. I just let them move all over the house. Never keep them in the cages.

They very happy running here and there. But went it's time to pee or pee. They know what to do and go.

My family love them very much.. :clapclap:

Send my regard to your BF. :wink3:

AHHH !!! I miss them !!! :P

and they have names ! hehe ;)

Yeah they're very smart and since young they already do know where to go for toilet...but all this might change a little when they hit maturity...

During that time u might want to consider neutering/spaying them. Somehow, they'll be better after that process.

Actually me and my bf is planning to have a pair of rabbit. but some question i wanna know before i brought them. i don't wanna bother my bf family so planning to put the rabbit and it's cage into my bf room, will it smell ? or will it afraid of cold? because my bf room alwiz open aircond scare it freeze at night... how much it cost for buying monthly needs for rabbits? and i afraid i can't take good care of them... is it hard to take care?

Actually me and my bf is planning to have a pair of rabbit. but some question i wanna know before i brought them. i don't wanna bother my bf family so planning to put the rabbit and it's cage into my bf room, will it smell ? or will it afraid of cold? because my bf room alwiz open aircond scare it freeze at night... how much it cost for buying monthly needs for rabbits? and i afraid i can't take good care of them... is it hard to take care?

aiks my advice, better start with one first rather than a pair...

it depends on how big is the room...it will have some smell but it also depends on how frequent u change its litter tray...the best is to change like once every 3 days...

also, you might want to have one that is less furry so it does not shed too much fur since it is kept indoor in a room...

they're okay with cold temperature but preferably not under extreme change of temperature...

the cost varies to about RM 30-50/month and its alot of commitments...

i have two hotot dwarf with me now, they are cute. one likes to bite a lot and i duno y however another one is very nice and quite.

its better to start with one rather than a pair. see, rabbits are very territorial. if they were not put together since young, they will fight if they are not neutered. so suggestion is, if you wan to introduce new rabbit to your old one, have your rabbit spayed and do not put the new one in da old cage at first, the fight (my rabbits did where the younger one being bullied).

when my first rabbit came, she was stressed and so i brought her to the vet. he told me rabbits are very sensitive so if they are young, leave them alone for 2 weeks when you just got them. also, they cannot survive in cold temperature so basically for me, no air-con since we got rabbit. the vet also sed if notice your rabbit got sticky watery stool, let them drink fresh pineapple juice as it is rich in fibre.

i rare em in da room, basically not very smelly if clean their cage often. even if it stinks, you will get used to it.haha

Edited by @nge

I have a male bunny named JoJo. It's a brown new zealand lionhead bunny. He just passed 1 year old and is so cute!!!

I just love love love bunnies!

Check out some of the pictures of my bunny from my blog as I don't know how to post up pictures here.

www.summergurlz.blogspot.com

errr...

there is 6 rabbits in my house now

2 males and 4 females

:P

currently i have11 bunnies

4 female and 3 male

others at my mum place :X

omg u babes r really experts in handling them arent u?

are those rabbits always be kept in cage or u let them run around in the house?

Im planning to keep one in near future and train it to be a house bunny. Im kinda confident I can litter train it but its biting habit is gonna be a great headache for me.

Edited by Aster

Yea! I just got a bunny this Christmas. :)

May I know how frequent do you guys clean your bunny cage for its pee pee and poo poo? cz I heard tht they'll be wormy thingy developed if not cleaned after certain number of days but I dunno around/exact how many days is it. and Im super duper scared of worms!!!!!

Hi there.

My sister isinterested in adopting

one or two rabbits at the moment.

Adopted rabbit will be staying in a

family house with a small little garden

for it to run around.

Do you all have any rabbits for adoption?

Or do you have any idea if there is any place around

KL/Selangor that i can go to adopt one?

Cyndi.

Hi there.

My sister isinterested in adopting

one or two rabbits at the moment.

Adopted rabbit will be staying in a

family house with a small little garden

for it to run around.

Do you all have any rabbits for adoption?

Or do you have any idea if there is any place around

KL/Selangor that i can go to adopt one?

Cyndi.

Maybe you can constantly monitor this adoption thread.

http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/443156/+380 :)

or

http://www.petfinder.my/

Edited by Aster

the rabbit wont smell provided their cage is clean every 2 days or 3 days max. and they are groomed regularly.

its their pee that we need to be vary off...

their poop is not troublesome as it is dry...

:P