Sign in to follow this  
michellechen

Which is the best car for budget around RM40-60k?

then michelle..have u decided wat car to buy..??

feb is coming soon edi.. tongue.gif

Chocoblast, thx 4 showin d pix of such cool car, but may I knw which part of ur post is relevant 2 d topic? unsure.giftongue.gif

Hi Michelle,

You are so popular, after 1 day, 1 page finished...

Sorry I thought you decided and purchased already, so I posted that there.

Besides, its the best money can buy... a benchmark for all driving machines!

But, if you don't like, please remove it. Again, very sorry if offended you.

Bugatti is also owned by VW but produce in Italy.

If you are interested in VW, its going to promote its 1.6L soon in Malaysia.

Anyway, looks like you put in alot of considerations.

My friend purchased a new Toyota, because of the air-bag safety!

That Toyota with Britney Spears in advertisement...

Best thing to firm down your decision of your top 3 is take it for a test drive!

Good luck!

hmmm... michelle, how's your mind going? hehehehe...

well, as for me, i would rather go for a not-so-old 2nd hand car of other makes instead of a brand new proton... i am kinda anti proton lar... i would rather go for a 2-3 years old honda, nissan, mitsubishi...

as for the depreciation, a new car SEEMS to depreciate faster than an old car...

i dont know how true it is, but it's always in my mind that a proton is no good... =P

proton is no good ... if no good ppl won't buy tongue.gif .. its cheap or rather affordable as a first car for most ppl.. thats why ppl buy it..

sec hand cars are cheap but you need alot of info about that cars history, the service record, accidents, etc, you'd prolly need a really reliable mechanic to do that for you. maybe your family mechanic?

proton is no good ... if no good ppl won't buy tongue.gif .. its cheap or rather affordable as a first car for most ppl.. thats why ppl buy it..

sec hand cars are cheap but you need alot of info about that cars history, the service record, accidents, etc, you'd prolly need a really reliable mechanic to do that for you. maybe your family mechanic?

agree... yes.gif

not everyone can afford to pay for foreign car...

some of the local cars actually not bad la..

for ppl who just start working..their salary is not high..

the 1st car they can afford most probably is local car only.. smile.gif

But, if you don't like, please remove it. Again, very sorry if offended you.

If you are interested in VW, its going to promote its 1.6L soon in Malaysia.

Anyway, looks like you put in alot of considerations.

My friend purchased a new Toyota, because of the air-bag safety!

That Toyota with Britney Spears in advertisement...

No, it din offend me... I was juz wonderin wht exactly u r tryin 2 tel fr ur post... Juz not sure if I "get it" or not... tongue.gifshy.gif

VW 1.6L? I doubt I'l b able 2 afford... Me now stil student ler... bag.gif

I think ur fren bought Toyota Vios... I luv Vios 2, juz can't afford... shy.gif

then michelle..have u decided wat car to buy..??

feb is coming soon edi.. tongue.gif

I'v actually decided 2 get MyVi premium 1.3 (A) black... Closer 2 my budget... tongue.gif But hav 2 wait SOooo long... So now also dunno how ler... rolleyes.gifcry.gif

hmmm... michelle, how's your mind going? hehehehe...

well, as for me, i would rather go for a not-so-old 2nd hand car of other makes instead of a brand new proton... i am kinda anti proton lar... i would rather go for a 2-3 years old honda, nissan, mitsubishi...

as for the depreciation, a new car SEEMS to depreciate faster than an old car...

i dont know how true it is, but it's always in my mind that a proton is no good... =P

Yea... True... yes.gif Many ppl hav been tellin me tht 2... It's ok 2 take 2nd hand car if u knw how 2 c d car's condition. Me knw nothin bout cars... bag.gif Kena con already also stil blur blur ler... laughing.gifshy.gif Sum of my frenz got 2nd hand cars, so many probs, hav 2 repair here n ther... no.gif So I'm also scared ler... tongue.gif

I agree... yes.gif Proton is affordable, tht's y ppl buy... But tht also coz d tax 4 inported cars is so high, tht's y Proton is cheap... rolleyes.gif

Reliable mechanic? Dun knw any reliable mechanic... (sigh...)

agree... yes.gif

not everyone can afford to pay for foreign car...

some of the local cars actually not bad la..

for ppl who just start working..their salary is not high..

the 1st car they can afford most probably is local car only.. smile.gif

Yea... yes.gif If can also I would like 2 buy Honda City or Toyota Vios (4 d moment ler... tongue.gif)

Even if startin salary is ok also u won't knw if u'l change jobs, rite, not like u already hav a stable job. If like 1 or 2 mths u dun hav a job, then how r u gonna pay ur car installments? So better opt 4 smt mor affordable... smile.gif

Yea... True... yes.gif Many ppl hav been tellin me tht 2... It's ok 2 take 2nd hand car if u knw how 2 c d car's condition. Me knw nothin bout cars... bag.gif Kena con already also stil blur blur ler... laughing.gifshy.gif Sum of my frenz got 2nd hand cars, so many probs, hav 2 repair here n ther... no.gif So I'm also scared ler... tongue.gif

hmmm... hehehe... it's ok, just my opinion coz i know some people can really buy a good secondhand car... you have many friends that you can ask help from mer... hehehe...

anyway, dont mind me, just stick to your plan then =)

u see.. if you buy a Vios or City, monthly u have to to pay at least 1k worth of installment. A fresh grad.. starting pay would be around 2.5k, after deductions of EPF and etc, it will be 2k.

Imagine your car installment is 1k. 50% of your salary goes to paying off the car. That's very very bad financial planning. Your monthly commitments (study loans, rental, utilities bill, insurance and etc, all added up) shouldn't be more than 50% of your salary. Let's say, your monthly meals would be RM400, you still need some for emergencies, leisure and entertainment, and then SAVINGS.

Some of my friends I know.. when we gather, everyone was like.."WOW". drives a VIOS... looks very good. Like my housemate..

But, u see, he don't have any savings. His life is just work and go home. He never go out, shopping, clubbing or whatsoever.. why? No money...

What's the point la?...

Proton is no good? Well.. depends on how u look at it.

The spare parts are the cheapest in the market. Car, no matter what brand, gets damanged over many reasons. My friend got an Alfa 146. Great car, nice looking, powerful.. second hand, darn cheap also...

Wait till it breaks down and needs repair... , while our Proton condenser cost 300 - 400 bucks, the Alfa's cost 3.9k.

hmmm... yea quite true... like my friend who has a merz A class, he is paying around aud1k for a normal routine servicing... but i only paying aud100-200 for my poor old car... aiskz....

i also understand the point where buying a car is easy... mantaining a car is hard...

once u own a car.. you'll not stop spending money on it.. standard $ if the car is stock for the service intervals.. more $ if you decide to upgrade your car interms of cosmetics and power under the hood.. want more power u need to spend more money for petrol and upgrades.. fly away all the $$$.. later ppl see the car nice.. jeles break in steal all the nice meters and gadgets on yer dash.. then hu also sapu.. later target your car cos they know underneath got monster.. then u spend on state of the art alarm systems.. the spending never ends.. if the car just for you to get from point a to point b .. jes get a reasonably priced new car.. then u follow the proper maintenance and take care the car.. practise defensive driving.. be patient on the road.. you save on petrol.. you save on service fees.. you save on accident fees.. tongue.gif .. then all that monies can be use for something else like shopping spreee.. smile.gif

Whoa.., thx 4 all d info on maintainin a car, guys... I nvr really thought of spendin 2 much on a car... If got $ I rather spend mor on myself... bag.giftongue.gif Summor I dun really c d point in modifyin cars wen I dunno much bout cars plus it's not like I'm drivin sum sort of luxurious, powerful sports car... LOL laughing.gif So, juz need a reasonably ok lookin car, which is reasonably priced, n less problematic. Tht's it... tongue.gif

Yea... yes.gif If can also I would like 2 buy Honda City or Toyota Vios (4 d moment ler... tongue.gif)

Even if startin salary is ok also u won't knw if u'l change jobs, rite, not like u already hav a stable job. If like 1 or 2 mths u dun hav a job, then how r u gonna pay ur car installments? So better opt 4 smt mor affordable... smile.gif

I believe Michelle is going to make the wise decision and get something simple and practical. If you dont mind my suggestion... we should start sharing with her tips to taking care of her new baby...

+ Get sit covers... even bed has bedsheet.

+ Do not leave anything valuable... Laptop/ Celphone in car or backsit... Lock them in the trunk. Sometimes thiefts will break the window and take simple stuff.

+ If you lost your car and have to make police report... (maybe you forgot to lock the car)... report as you locked it. Otherwise police might blame you for it.

+ Get handsfree kit for mobile phone... its just safer, besides avoid saman.

+ Remember to keep track when was your last engine oil change and when is your next.

+ Preferably use unleaded petrol... cleaner for engine and environment, even though less power for the engine.

+ Always tell other drivers if you are making a turn... use signal. Dont take forgranted. You communicate with them, they avoid accident.

+ When in car, always keep your car door lock, avoid car-jackers.

+ If people bang your car, u see all of them are men like samseng. write down their license plate and go to the nearest police station to make a report. They could be trying to trick you, just to rob / carjack.

+ If you see a piece of newspaper on the road, somewhat deserted.... dont roll over it.... try to drive around... it could be covering the road with nails to puncture your tyre and then get you to stop your car.

+ If you bang someone and the damage is minor. Offer to send his/her car to mechanic and agree to the cost of repair and pay for it. Reporting to police small damage and claim insurance may cause you more... ask your dad clarify this.

+ If you are in highways, obey speed limits and stay in the left (correct lane), nowadays, speeding can be caught by camera then mail saman to your address.

u see.. if you buy a Vios or City, monthly u have to to pay at least 1k worth of installment. A fresh grad.. starting pay would be around 2.5k, after deductions of EPF and etc, it will be 2k.

Imagine your car installment is 1k. 50% of your salary goes to paying off the car. That's very very bad financial planning. Your monthly commitments (study loans, rental, utilities bill, insurance and etc, all added up) shouldn't be more than 50% of your salary. Let's say, your monthly meals would be RM400, you still need some for emergencies, leisure and entertainment, and then SAVINGS.

Some of my friends I know.. when we gather, everyone was like.."WOW". drives a VIOS... looks very good. Like my housemate..

But, u see, he don't have any savings. His life is just work and go home. He never go out, shopping, clubbing or whatsoever.. why? No money...

What's the point la?...

Proton is no good? Well.. depends on how u look at it.

The spare parts are the cheapest in the market. Car, no matter what brand, gets damanged over many reasons. My friend got an Alfa 146. Great car, nice looking, powerful.. second hand, darn cheap also...

Wait till it breaks down and needs repair... , while our Proton condenser cost 300 - 400 bucks, the Alfa's cost 3.9k.

Yea... yes.gif I totally agree... Whether u can afford a car or not doesn't mean whether u can pay up ur car mthly installments evry mth... U also need 2 allocate d rite amount 4 other stuf. After all, ur life does not involve only u n ur car, rite? Wht life u hav if u cut off evrythin else juz 2 pay 4 ur car? no.gif

With d job market out ther, I'm not even sure if a fresh grad can get beginin salary of RM2.5k... Sum of my frenz only get like RM1.5k... ohmy.gif Without experience, it's hard 2 request 4 higher pay... (sigh...) I dunno how they can survive... If me, I'l sure juggle 2 jobs... (sigh...) tongue.gif

go for sc hand car if just started to work coz salary wise between 1.5k to 2.0K.

like myself, get a sc hand satria yrs96 last year. no $$ for 1st hand car. then after change jobs, get higher paid then baru change to other car. like now can go for honda already. hehe

but se hand also lah.. epileatheral you from spoc rite, wanna test ur superb mivec with EK?

hehe

go for sc hand car if just started to work coz salary wise between 1.5k to 2.0K.

like myself, get a sc hand satria yrs96 last year. no $$ for 1st hand car. then after change jobs, get higher paid then baru change to other car. like now can go for honda already. hehe

but se hand also lah.. epileatheral you from spoc rite, wanna test ur superb mivec with EK?

hehe

wah.. mivec with EK... of course la EK win..

or not wont call a EK liao..haha...

eh. EK standard or modified??

yeah. fresh grad. mostly around 2k la..

paying for car installment. really a big cut throat at ur monthly income..darn,...

hmm...40-60k..u get spoilt for choices with tht budget.

As for me, choosing a car require a few checklist such as;

1.purpose of the vehiche/mobility & portibility.Isit for family use or

personal use?If its for personal use, u can get a smaller car.

2.Fuel consumption. Petroleum prices will never go down.I wouldnt want

a thirsty car tht end up not driving it...tht itself destroy the purpose of

owning a car at the 1st place.

3.After sales service and maintainance. A lot of ppl missed this out when

buying a car.This is one of the most important thing, simply because

an automobile have moving parts and thoose parts will last a certain

period of time and it will worn out. Buying a mainstream vehicle will

minus the headache of expensive spare parts or difficulty in locating

one.

With 40-60k of budget, i'll look out for;

New Vehicle

-Perodua myvi(new design,therefore generally a safer car.ABS,EBD,etc)

- Proton Wira SE

Used Vehicle

- Honda Civic 1.6 eg 4doors or EK 2 doors

- Toyota Vios

- Toyota Corolla 1.6 SEG

- Proton Perdana V6

- Nissan Cefiro

- Honda Accord 2.0

- Honda EK4 or mivec satria GTI

Personally, i prefer a smaller car because of mobility and fuel consumption.Its an ease to find parking spaces. I think myvi will be a very good deal.

hmm...40-60k..u get spoilt for choices with tht budget.

As for me, choosing a car require a few checklist such as;

1.purpose of the vehiche/mobility & portibility.Isit for family use or

personal use?If its for personal use, u can get a smaller car.

2.Fuel consumption. Petroleum prices will never go down.I wouldnt want

a thirsty car tht end up not driving it...tht itself destroy the purpose of

owning a car at the 1st place.

3.After sales service and maintainance. A lot of ppl missed this out when

buying a car.This is one of the most important thing, simply because

an automobile have moving parts and thoose parts will last a certain

period of time and it will worn out. Buying a mainstream vehicle will

minus the headache of expensive spare parts or difficulty in locating

one.

With 40-60k of budget, i'll look out for;

New Vehicle

-Perodua myvi(new design,therefore generally a safer car.ABS,EBD,etc)

- Proton Wira SE

Used Vehicle

- Honda Civic 1.6 eg 4doors or EK 2 doors

- Toyota Vios

- Toyota Corolla 1.6 SEG

- Proton Perdana V6

- Nissan Cefiro

- Honda Accord 2.0

- Honda EK4 or mivec satria GTI

Personally, i prefer a smaller car because of mobility and fuel consumption.Its an ease to find parking spaces. I think myvi will be a very good deal.