Sign in to follow this  
hikkichan

Going for younger guys (what's your age limit?)

Hi babes,

Have you ever dated a younger guy? What's your perspective on dating younger guys and how big is the age gap?

I've dated guys 2 years younger, guys my age and guys 10 years or 12 years older.

In the end, I still preferred the younger one.

Recently, I had a crush on a guy 4 years younger but it didn't work out. Now, I'm into someone's that 8 years younger.

Do you think it's socially acceptable to date a guy 8 years younger? Especially I'm turning 30 in 2 years?

If you are 28 this year mean he is only 20? 20, he must be still a student?
it depends on how to think, maybe your are more stable in financial and thinking, he is still very young, wonder how to communicate.

to me, younger 2-3 yrs shouldn't be an issue but it also must see how's his career and mindset, i can't accept a childish man.

I wouldn't be concerned if he was 8 years younger, except that for your case, he's still a student. might have a difference in life goals there, since you're in different phases of life.

Maybe now you don't think there's problems but to be honest, don't put too much love in it, if he met new younger/ prettier gal in the school... who knows...

[color=blue]depends on maturity but 8 is a bit too much I feel. 3 years is good, that's the max that I can go. Nothing more than that. Maybe, you feel that it's a crush now but it may not be, until you meet more people. But again, I know people who got married with a guy who is 6 years younger than her, so nothing is impossible[/color]

The age is not really a factor. for me, the environment should play the important part. It is okay if you're 40 and your partner is 30 because both are in the same working environment. In your case, if he's still studying, I would advise you not to proceed with it. But if he's already working for at least 2 years, why not? .. 

Most girl prefer older guys because girls are usually more mature than guys of the same age in general facts. But this of course will have to depend on the younger guy you are dating. Whether they are mature enough to match with your personality. The most important thing in a relationship is communication between 2 persons. For me, I prefer older or same age guy. Another reason is my parents are more traditional thinking as they don't like younger guys because they have the thinking that younger guys does not have stable income and mature thinking.