Sign in to follow this  
nutcracker

Eyebrow Threading

I think there if you check under the thread, do your eyebrow we did talked about threading as well. Anyway, to thread the eyebrow its between RM 5-8. I used to get mine done in Bangsar, the same place that I get my legs waxed. smile.gif

Hey, dont have to apologize. No worries about that at all. smile.gif

Hey, I'm new here... Okay, my prom is coming up and I need some help!! I really want to get my eyebrows threaded...where can I get it done? I know they have it in Bangsar but I want to find one either near my college in Subang Jaya or near my home in Bandar Utama. The thing with my eyebrows is they are bushy and the hairs are really long...so even if I get them plucked, they will look messy. I had them threaded before in Brunei but I don't know where to find such service here.

Another thing, I want to get my makeup prefessionally done..because I don't put on makeup but I'm terrible at it. So usually where can I find makeup services? Do hair salons usually offer makeup services as well? What about makeup counters? And it is advisable to get it done at either a hair salon or makeup counter? How about The Body Shop? Please suggest some places...are there any in 1U or the Curve?

I really hope you guys can help me out. Thanks so much!!!!

I know a place that does make-up and nails but since you're not interested in Bangsar then I guess not. lookaround.gif

Well, you dun really need to pay a bomb for the salons out there...

even in this forum itself there's a few professional makeup artist... get some advice from them, probably you can even ask if they provide this kind of service offline with a certain amount of service fee... smile.gif

oppss... sorry, didn't know it was that cheap...

anyway she mentioned she wanted professional makeup tongue.gif

well, if u need professional make up...i might can help u out. full make up+threading eyebrow for u. if interesetd can pm me. tongue.gif

yeah... she is one of the myb professional make up artist here... am i rite??? tongue.gif

oppss... sorry, didn't know it was that cheap...

anyway she mentioned she wanted professional makeup tongue.gif

Haha no problem....

Actually depends what kind of professional makeup, but for those cosmetic counters like Dior and MAC if you buy a product from them you can ask them to make up for u for free...

Ok, kassie, I PMed you. smile.gif

So don't hair salons offer makeup services as well? Do I have to buy an expensive product at the makeup counters before I get a free makeover? And are the counter girls really good with makeup and is it hygienic?

But it seems so hard to find places which offer makeup services... How did you girls get your makeup done when you had a prom? Did you all do it yourselves? Good for you, if you can do your own makeup and make it look nice. lol

Yeah, eyebrow threading should be cheap, but the problem is I don't know where to get it done. Since I have long eyebrow hair, won't it still look messy after plucking? Plcuking will be able to shape the eyebrow and make it look neater, but my hairs will still be long... sad.gif

eye brow threading can be done in beaty saloon, not expensive, is around rm5 to rm7

Ok, kassie, I PMed you. smile.gif

So don't hair salons offer makeup services as well? Do I have to buy an expensive product at the makeup counters before I get a free makeover? And are the counter girls really good with makeup and is it hygienic?

But it seems so hard to find places which offer makeup services... How did you girls get your makeup done when you had a prom? Did you all do it yourselves? Good for you, if you can do your own makeup and make it look nice. lol

Yeah, eyebrow threading should be cheap, but the problem is I don't know where to get it done. Since I have long eyebrow hair, won't it still look messy after plucking? Plcuking will be able to shape the eyebrow and make it look neater, but my hairs will still be long... sad.gif

I know A Cut Above got offer makeup service. I tried end of last year. I did my make up and set my hair there as well. Before that I did not buy any product, but gonna pay for the services of course. I think its not bad and it's hygenic. Well.. at least the make up didn't irritate my face as my skin is kinda sensitive.

Below was the picture after set my hair and did my make up there.

user posted image

user posted image

But then, if I know Kassie earlier, I would have asked Kassie for help. Hehe.

bag.gif paiseh paiseh....

eye brow threading can be done in beaty saloon, not expensive, is around rm5 to rm7

Oooh...which beauty salon is that? Do you have any specific examples?

Oh, and Missy, you look so pretty.. smile.gif So how much did it cost to get your makeup and hair done at A Cut Above?

Oh, and I was considering getting my hair done at Peek-a-Boo salon because it's near my place - at the Curve and I heard someone say it was good before. Have any of you heard of this salon? Is it good? And do you know whether they offer makeup services?

Oh, and I want to get my hair styled as well. Do you guys recommend any really good stylists or hair salons? Preferrably those near Bandar Utama or in 1U or the Curve? Other places or Taman Tun or nearby will do just fine too...

Oh, and thanks for posting pics Missy. It's nice to see how your makeup and hair turned out... So if any of you guys have any prom pictures, it would be nice if you could post them up, along with where you got your hair and makeup and eyebrows done... biggrin.gif

Peek-a-boo is well known for their coloring services. My friends always get their coloring done there, but I'm not sure bout the styling. Hehe I might be hiring kassie to do my makeup for prom, maybe you could ask her and see? (Hehe kassie see I sooo good do advertisement for you)

As for the makeup counters, yeah its hygienic....last time I bought a foundation from MAC and they did whole face makeup for me, while my friend bought an eyeshadow palette. I guess you could try asking around and see...oh and if you do decide to try Shiseido, Kose, Chanel or YSL do take pics and show...I'd really like to see. Usually the salesgirls are supposed to have some knowledge of makeup, but what I do is I just look at the girl's makeup and if I like what she has done on her face then what she does for me should be fine.

Oooh...which beauty salon is that? Do you have any specific examples?

Oh, and Missy, you look so pretty.. smile.gif So how much did it cost to get your makeup and hair done at A Cut Above?

Oh, and I was considering getting my hair done at Peek-a-Boo salon because it's near my place - at the Curve and I heard someone say it was good before. Have any of you heard of this salon? Is it good? And do you know whether they offer makeup services?

Oh, and I want to get my hair styled as well. Do you guys recommend any really good stylists or hair salons? Preferrably those near Bandar Utama or in 1U or the Curve? Other places or Taman Tun or nearby will do just fine too...

Oh, and thanks for posting pics Missy. It's nice to see how your makeup and hair turned out... So if any of you guys have any prom pictures, it would be nice if you could post them up, along with where you got your hair and makeup and eyebrows done... biggrin.gif

Thanks for the compliment.. That was the first time I got my hair set and makeup (like this) in KL too, so was kinda happy when it turned out to be nice. I can't really remember how much it cost.. I guess total is around RM70- RM100, more or less. They charged the hair and makeup separately tho.

You can actually ask Kassie to do the make up for you.. And probably Kassie has some contact with those hair stylist since she's in this field..?

bag.gif paiseh paiseh....

dont you pai seh!! hehe if I going to go for any formal event, I'm gonna find you as well.

I'll like to know more on eyebrow threading. Actually what's the difference between eyebrow threading and plucking?? What does eyebrow threading do?? Sorry to ask stupdid question, I'm kindda outdated in those beauty knowledge.

By the way, any recommended places around PJ or in the shopping centers that offer this service?

I'm also wondering where to get my hair done... Since I don't really want to have to go all the way to Midvalley or Bangsar, I'm considering all the salons near my home... So far, the salons I found were...

In 1 Utama

Monsoon ID

Dry Cut

In The Curve

Peek-a-Boo

Snips

Jean Yip Hub

And you guys recommend which is the best out of all the ones listed? Since most of them offer makeup services as well, I might just get it done there...or I'll hire kassie to do for me..smile.gif

Edit: Oh well, if there are any really good salons in Taman Tun or nearby, can recommend too..

I'll like to know more on eyebrow threading. Actually what's the difference between eyebrow threading and plucking?? What does eyebrow threading do?? Sorry to ask stupdid question, I'm kindda outdated in those beauty knowledge.

By the way, any recommended places around PJ or in the shopping centers that offer this service?

Hello MoonAngel...sorry if this reply is kinda late...

Okay, since I'm hopeless at explaining things, so here is an excerpt from an article on eyebrow threading from Xfresh.com...

user posted image

Threading, as I found out, is a practice which originated from the Middle East and India.

Basically, it produces the same effects as waxing, ie. the hair is removed directly from its roots.

The beautician holds one end of a pure cotton thread in her teeth (in my case) and the other end with a hand.

She uses her free hand to form a loop in the middle of the thread to trap the rows of unwanted hair, and then pulls it out in quick succession. (Tug-tug-tug, ouch-ouch-ouucchh!)

It's the simplest, most amazing technology ever - as project leader Mei Lynn says.

Just one piece of thread (no needles), and some nifty moves, and voila! You have perfect eyebrows.

So it hurts, then?

You bet! But I can guarantee you that it hurts a lot less than waxing or tweezing.

The thing about threading is, it's quick because many hairs are removed at once, unlike tweezing which involves one fine hair at a time. Basically, it's a Quick-Death vs. Prolonged Agony issue here.

So if you're one of those girls who are tired of tweezing your eyebrows to painful perfection, I highly recommend threading.

And the best part is, threading doesn't leave your skin raw and irritated.

Besides eyebrow shaping, threading is also performed on upper lips, chins, and hairlines (at varying prices, of course).

Oasis Beauty and SPA offers eyebrow threading services...RM9..but it is too far from my place loh...no transport. But if you want the full address, here it is:

No.2A, Lorong Ara Kiri 3, Lucky Garden, Bangsar 59100, Kuala Lumpur.

Tel: 03-2093 4200

Hope this helps... biggrin.gif