Sign in to follow this  
elle

Glance and stare

Question: When you are out in public with your friends or family, I am sure that you get a few glances from people from the opposite gender or even the same gender. However, glances can turn into stare. How do you classify a stare and a glance? And ... what do you feel at that moment of time? If you are uncomfy about it, what do you do? Or what would you do if your gf/bf receive that kind of treatment from strangers or even friends?

Let's share

very uncomfortable. . .i dont like ppl staring at me. . .or looking at me. . .its just me. . .even if my frens loook at me for a long time, i will feel uncomfortable. . .no reason. . .just feels weird. . .a stare is like ppl hu is looking at u for a long time lerr.. . . n glance is just a glance ler. . .but a glance can later turn into a stare. . .so likewise both still makes me uncomfy ler. . .so i just look somewhere else. . .unless if i dont really like the person den i will stare back elr. . .

i hate people looking at me in the public...just hate it!!....

to answer to your quetion, looking at a person for over 8 seconds is consider staring for me...for me, i will just look back at him/her if im free or i just ignore it.depends on situation...

Haih .... yeah it's very irritating, it's as if there's someone looking at your every actions and you feel not comfortable with it at all

For me, it's 3-5 seconds then it's considered a stare tongue.gif and their eyes follow wherever you go, that's plain annoying

err..... pretend din see ...

if i'm alone, i'll quickly go off and check whether there is something wrong with my appearance ... lookaround.gif

if i'm with friends or bf.. i'll usually whisper to them asking if there is something wrong with me...

if all is well, then only i will start thinking why they staring... then try to recall if i know them from somewhere... if not, then suan le... who cares?

hahhahah depending on situation la .... like ... if they really pissed me off especially girls then i would definitely stare back ... if guys ... same .... hahhaha tongue.gif ler ... they get on my nerves by doing so ...

i dun get pissed off or irritated... i just stare back ahhaha

I give them my bitch smug. yes. the smug smile that tells them "so what? you got a problem? none of my business and I love the way I am thank you"

Nothing changes a stare to embarassment faster than this.

it depends on wat kind of stares la...some stares are just creepy esp from those 'ah pak' and i faster go to the other direction..if those kind of stares like 'r u crazy??!!!!!!!" i will be self-conscious.. but either way also i hate getting stared at esp when i'm alone or when a large group of ppl looks at u at the same time...very...very....scary..

ph34r.gif

i usually nod my head and ask....or say...."YES?"

Hmm.. Stare and glance.. Glance is short lived.. few seconds and they will drop their glance. Stare is more sustained and their eyes follows u wherever u move.

I normally ignore them la... But if it gets really long then I will look at him. He will normally look away unless I actually know him! *L*

If you are getting the stare from a stranger is bad enough, how would you feel if you are getting a stare from your circle of friends?

I'd still give them my bitch smug and amplify their stares till their jaws drop. If that dosent work, I'll ask them "yea, anything?" paris hilton style

paris hilton style...ahahahha....tats farney...muahahaha

if get stares from my friends ah...i just run up to them and say,

"Tengok apa? see what see? very nice to see ah?"

hmm...then that's hard ler...just smile at them uncertainly then quickly go the other way or enter a shop to avoid them...then look at the mirror and see if there's something wrong with my appearance..

err..... pretend din see ...

if i'm alone, i'll quickly go off and check whether there is something wrong with my appearance ... lookaround.gif

if i'm with friends or bf.. i'll usually whisper to them asking if there is something wrong with me...

if all is well, then only i will start thinking why they staring... then try to recall if i know them from somewhere... if not, then suan le... who cares?

haha, same same...

No need to stare back nor worse, start an argument or confrontation.

If I'm with someone, usually I'll sit across from him/her so I don't really scan around too much. If I'm alone, you'll find my view non-focused.

can you tell if the stares are "dirty", admire, love, like, hate etc ? Ppl might be admiring your dressing...le or trying to make eye contact so they can give you a friendly smile..le, so no harm intended by the other party.

How do you classify a stare and a glance?

To me a glance is just a short one, which means they will just look at you and turn away. However, a stare would be more focus where they will look at you for sometime as if they are checking you out & sumtimes a stare can make u feel uncomfy.

And ... what do you feel at that moment of time?

Sumtimes I felt nottin coz I'm the one who usually stare at ppl 1st tongue.gif But sumtimes I do feel uncomfy as if I have sth on my face when ppl gimme a hard stare or glance!

If you are uncomfy about it, what do you do?

It depends on my mood. If it's a glance, I'll usually ignore even tho I'm umcomfy with that. But sumtimes if I'm not in a good mood when sum ppl stare at me, I'll just use the same way staring back at them till they feel embarrased!

Or what would you do if your gf/bf receive that kind of treatment from strangers or even friends? 

It always happen to me when I am going out with my younger sis (She is suffering frm cereabal-palsy). Sum ppl will stare at her as if they have nvr seen such child before. I'll feel extremely annoyed & stare back at them just the way how they stare at my sis. By doing this, sum of them actually feel guitly. Sumtimes, I may be abit aggresive if they are really too much....I won't give face but (*&^%$# them ! I hate those ppl to use such a way to stare at my sis as if she came out frm the jungle or sth! darn!

Sorry to be abit harsh !!! Can't help it when I think of those idiots ! Sumtimes those stares can be very insulting. Gotta protect my sis !!!

oohh...i guess some people stare is when they are curious. once i went out with my sister's friend who is in a wheelchair (he has been since young) and he really is tiny and has squeaky voice. so when we go out, people do stare. some people i realized stare and give the 'what the hell' look, while some people will have the curious look while the rest have the 'i pity that guy' look.. i guess it depends on wat kinda look they give...

Eyes are the windows to the soul...

Sometimes, when in deep thoughts, ppl come into my view... then they think I am staring at them, when I am thinking.

But if I am aware, of if you ever meet me, I have an ability to break eye contact... Dun believe, wait till you see me one day.

haha choco.. i do have the ability as u too! Wana try out one day? laughing.gif

Anyway, I dun think tat's annoying la coz normally i'll ignore them unless i m really having bad mood tat day tongue.gif

hate ppl staring at me...feel very uncomfortable...i will usually pretend i notice nthg and get away asap...dont care where and what i am doing...