Sign in to follow this  
judymaccolm

Happiness doesn’t last

Happiness doesn’t last, does it?
Happiness will happen and once it is happening, it will be a great enjoyment. Once the happiness is over, it will be encapsulated in memories that pleasurable to reminisce but it is also heartrending to learn that happiness now is just memories that never could grasp.
Don’t hold on too tight on those memories as it hardly will recur – at least , be thankful that it happened in your life before.
I do have a lot of those good old memories that made me really happy. My childhood, with my friends, high school and of course my ex(s).
When we flashback those happy memories, we tend to reminisce about our ex-lovers or even people whom you fell in love for.
I do reminisce them all the time. Sometimes I do wonder does my happiness is only in the perimeter of memories. You may call me pathetic but everytime I have those sweet happenings, I will remind myself that it won’t last, it will end someday, so cherish it while it last.
I really do cherish all especially those post break up period last year. Sitting next to him while he was doing his work and I was playing my phone, dinner hook ups , those what’s app-ing…err, I should not write more. Thanks for the memories last year, I never been so happy ! I know I will never have those memories again because that person who concerned me so much is missing ever since 2012. But anyhow, everyone that I know goes away in the end. That’s the fact.
Sometimes I do wonder those sweet words or promises by your current lover will be a hurtful memories in the future when you guys break up. What is the barometer to gauge the commitment and the life-span of one’s love and one’s attention? Is the time the biggest enemy in all this?
Well, like the Master Sifu in Kung Fu panda says : “Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery but today is a gift”. Don’t frown too much. I know we will have those moments soon. Find a way to make it without those memories.

http://alvin-jude.blogspot.com/2012/08/happiness-doesnt-last.html

Happiness will eventually lead to sadness. That is how it is but why is it like that? It is a simple reasoning. You are too attach to happy memory and you crave too much of happiness that is why when the moment past, you ended up being sad.

"It too shall pass."

The most famous saying from ancient time. Practically saying, everything in this world is impermanent. Your body is not permanent. You will grow old and eventually die. Your car is not permanent becos eventually it too will rust and eventually ended up in the scrap yard. Your property and whatever you think you have shall not last.

"It too shall pass."

So what in this world will last. You.

But not the you in the mirror but another you. Not the you in the mind but a you that is not of the body. So who exactly are you?

Another thing that last is peace. But not just any peace but Inner peace.
Oh yeah, you seen kung fu panda and heard his master's saying but it is the truth.

So what is inner peace? Here is an example, imagine a huge lake. On the surface of the water, it will always move and sometimes there is huge wave. This is the surface of the lake. But what about the bottom of the lake? Is it affected by the surface? No, it is not affected but calm, quiet and peaceful. This is inner peace. Through inner peace then will you find true joy and happiness but it is something that require a lot of practice. It is the teaching of the Buddha and somewhere in the New testament, Jesus Christ himself was pointing it out to us as well.

Where is heaven?

"Heaven is among you now."

[i]Well, like the Master Sifu in Kung Fu panda says : “Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery but today is a gift”. [/i]

A beautiful saying but how many of you can live exactly in the present. :) Living in the present needs practice and not just knowing that the present exist.

How many of you live in the Moment or Now and not the past nor the future?

Peace be with you.