Sign in to follow this  
Raine

Acrylic Nails

i heard of acrylic nails from www.xiaxue.blogspot.com

and have been meaning to try them!

does anyone know where i can get it done??

for all you other girls who dont know what are acrylic nails,

pls continue reading.

and for those of you who already know, pls enlighten me on where to get it done!

[ KL area ]

Acrylic Nails.

The latest invention in nail grooming and care is acrylic nails. These are artificial nails that are pasted onto the real nail. Acrylic nails are basically made by mixing a particular powder and liquid. The best liquid that can do no harm should contain Ethyl Methacrylate, also called EMA. This is slightly expensive. However, a cheaper option is Methyl Methacrylate or MMA, but is known to have certain harmful effects. The only reason it is preferred while preparing acrylic nails is because of its cost effectiveness. Amongst its side effects are serious skin reactions and deformities in natural nail growth.

Keeping this in mind, it is better to pay extra and get acrylic nails can do you no harm at all. Most nail technicians do believe that an artificial nail should not be treated differently from the natural nail. This is because any damage caused due to the fixture of acrylic nails could lead to unwanted problems for natural growth of nails.

Why do people opt for acrylic nails ? Basically those who are unable to naturally grow their nails for varied reasons opt for this. Some people have extremely brittle nails that just cannot grow beyond a certain point. Sometimes people get acrylic mails fixed simply for a particular function or occasion when they want to look their best, which includes their nails. There are yet others who fix acrylic nails simply to curtail their nail biting habit. No one would want to bite expensive and exquisitely designed nails!

One of the main attractions of acrylic nails is that because of its length, nail technicians or nail artists can imprint unique designs that could be the envy of many eyes. One of the latest trends is that of nail piercing, which is possible only with long and strong nails and this is where acrylic nails plays its role.

they also forgot to add that IT LOOKS darn REAL!! tongue.gif

any nail saloon will have it i think..u can try kuku bar in bangsar or either nail art in pyramid

dont forget to post it up later ! i wanna c how is it like.. it does look very pretty

n state how much ! been longin to do some..

acrylic is expensive.... ive seen ... once u put already evry 2 week or 1 mointh u got to go back n maintain 1... coz if not when the nail grow there will be a gap btw the real n fake nail....

i did try tht acrylic nail coz i went for dinner...after that it seems like it is heavy.....hahaha..mabe i never hav long nails before. then i got it removed....removing it also have to pay....high maintanance...

use to love it,..but like FamousLady said la

very hi maintance,..

1st time apply acrylic + extensions cost around rm160 (JJ nails)

then to top up the acrylic every 2 weeks rm80

but ur kuku became weak & rough (esp if broke, not take off by professional,..)

not recommeded to use for long time

probably u can try the UV nails.. but UV gel + extensions nails non water resistance lah

if go swimming everyday, sure the nails came off..

the best is having real nail & top up UV gel

but price is much more expensive than acrylic though

Well iI Get Acrylic Nails All The Time. They Will Grow Out In About 6 days And The Acrylic Will Move Up Your Nail & You Will Be Able To See Your Bottom Of The Nail This Is Were You Can Go Back To The Beauty Salon Or Acrylic Place You Got Them And Get The Filled Back In Fo Bout £10 Or To Remove Them All You Will Need Is A Bowl Of Hot/Warm Water, NailVarnish Remover And A Towel. What You Do You Fill The Bowl Up With Warm/Hot Water And Tip A Cap Full Of NailVarnish Remover in It Soat Your Hands in The Bowl For About 10mins Then Once You Remove Your Hands They Will Be Easy To Peel Off If Not Soak Tgem For Anufa 5mins Trust Me It Wont Effect You I Do it all the time...