Sign in to follow this  
rosecaptainer

The risk of online shopping.

Recently, I bought some dresses from ebay, the supplier is from hongkong of china, but when I received my package, it turned out that the quality is not favorable, then I gave feedback to the supplier, at last he compromised to give me a part of my money back, which makes me so so annoyed, I like shopping, but I am not going to buy from ebay any more, It was yesterday when I was browsing websites and I found [url="http://wholesale-orders.com/"]http://wholesale-orders.com/[/url], the clothes there are too cheap to be true, although the shipping fee is a little expensive, but I still wanna have a try, before placing my order on that site, I am here to ask you if you had ever bought on this site, cos I don’t want to be cheated again.

one bad experience shouldn't ruin everything for you. did you check the seller's rating before you bought the item from him? were there pictures?

[quote name='mebbe' timestamp='1344516419' post='611684']
one bad experience shouldn't ruin everything for you. did you check the seller's rating before you bought the item from him? were there pictures?
[/quote] yes, the seller's rating is high,i also checked the pics,but when i complained this to him,he told me it is because the pics may not correspond 100percent of the product itself.

[quote name='rosecaptainer' timestamp='1344570037' post='611720']
yes, the seller's rating is high,i also checked the pics,but when i complained this to him,he told me it is because the pics may not correspond 100percent of the product itself.
[/quote]
you also have to realize that ebay is [b]mainly [/b]for people selling USED stuff off. if you want a better guarantee on item quality, buy from an actual vendor NOT on ebay.

pictures on ebay, unless it's obvious that it was taken with a noob camera, cannot exactly be trusted. I have tried to sell off my printer on ebay but because I didn't get an actual picture of it, I just used the one HP had for it. see what I'm saying? Edited by mebbe

[quote name='shero' timestamp='1344571323' post='611722']
There's always risk taking if you purchase on line; i believe what the price you pay for, what quality you can get.
[/quote] yep, but sometimes i always have the fluke mind to buy a nice thing at a low price,
[quote name='mebbe' timestamp='1344608715' post='611740']
you also have to realize that ebay is [b]mainly [/b]for people selling USED stuff off. if you want a better guarantee on item quality, buy from an actual vendor NOT on ebay.

pictures on ebay, unless it's obvious that it was taken with a noob camera, cannot exactly be trusted. I have tried to sell off my printer on ebay but because I didn't get an actual picture of it, I just used the one HP had for it. see what I'm saying?
[/quote] so do you have any good place to buy nice things at, btw,not too expensive.

[quote name='rosecaptainer' timestamp='1344842071' post='611819']
so do you have any good place to buy nice things at, btw,not too expensive.
[/quote]
I'm personally not familiar with online shopping in Malaysia, though from what I gather - it's not very popular. My go-to places are US-centric.

[quote name='mebbe' timestamp='1344868867' post='611842']
I'm personally not familiar with online shopping in Malaysia, though from what I gather - it's not very popular. My go-to places are US-centric.
[/quote]

Same here, normally I only shop in US websites, haven't really explore Malaysia's online shopping.

[quote name='fred' timestamp='1344874747' post='611846']
Same here, normally I only shop in US websites, haven't really explore Malaysia's online shopping.
[/quote] well, pls recommend some trustable shopping sites for me, thanks in advance.

There are quite a number of sites, depend on what you want. Normally I go direct to the brand's website, some suggestion here : [url="http://www.comgateway.com/CGW/com.comgateway.cgw.Home.do?pxmtcgtyxsd=1YnWfyYh24%2FgPMp6pjMmjEExDF8%3D"]http://www.comgateway.com/CGW/com.comgateway.cgw.Home.do?pxmtcgtyxsd=1YnWfyYh24%2FgPMp6pjMmjEExDF8%3D[/url]

[quote name='fred' timestamp='1345044325' post='611953']
There are quite a number of sites, depend on what you want. Normally I go direct to the brand's website, some suggestion here : [url="http://www.comgateway.com/CGW/com.comgateway.cgw.Home.do?pxmtcgtyxsd=1YnWfyYh24%2FgPMp6pjMmjEExDF8%3D"]http://www.comgatewa...Mp6pjMmjEExDF8=[/url]
[/quote] is this site trustable?how is the quality compared with the wholesale sites, i registered at that site,i see there are a lot of shops there.

Absolutely... As everything has two sides. It is quitely necessary and important to deal with those reliable & reputed online shops, check the details of the products, also I think customer's feedback could not be ignored... Just remember the points, go ahead. I also do love online shopping! *_^

[quote name='rosecaptainer' timestamp='1345085796' post='611968']
is this site trustable?how is the quality compared with the wholesale sites, i registered at that site,i see there are a lot of shops there.
[/quote]

Ya, I've been buying from there.

There's always a risk in buying things online. Its a matter of if you're daring enough to try it or not. It's like a game. You gotta try till you win (:

Well it is hard to determien the product quality with just images posted in the Internet,
This is one of the main risk/constraint of online shopping - Tangibility.

Consider yourself lucky that the seller refund you part of the money, normally quality issue they won't entertain.

Although online shopping is available 24/7, you can't feel or touch things can just see what is present on a Web page that in availability and online stores you can buy many things at a glance and after you feel or touch the product.

Despite all the advantages and positive points associated with shopping online, it is considered that there are just as many risks and dangers involved with e-commerce that could jeopardise the protection and rights belonging to online consumers. E-shopping with a credit card is an essential because most credit card companies will cover any loss due to fraud and scams if any e-shoppers have been victimised.  Additionally, many credit cards offer consumers legal protection allowing them to object to charges for faulty or unsatisfactory goods and/or services.  It is extremely significant that e-shoppers don't fax a cheque, mail cash or a money order, or consequently, their money is inclined to be gone forever.  The best alternative for online consumers is to acquire a separate credit card for e-commerce so that if something goes really wrong, the consumer may easily cancel their e-commerce credit card.

Thanks

Shantait

Select Citi

Hi,

Need to double checking whether got review or other user too. review 1st before decide. Online must have risk, depend how much the risk. You can compare and review before decide.

regards