Sign in to follow this  
cheesillicious

Manicure/pedicure

I wanna get a good manicure and some good mail arts, but those service out there in saloons are just helluva expensive. RM3 for a painting PER NAILS??

Tsk tsk... Nah... dont ask me to do it myself cuz im bad in painting. Summore, cheese it, how do u paint with left hand onto ur right finger nails?? dry.gif

Tell me where can i get cheap (but good) manicure??

i've watched a show in singapore channel featuring places of interest in malaysia...they recommended a place for manicure and pedicure, can't really remember the name...sth KU KU HOUSE....WHATEVER....all i remember is ku ku something....in one of the shopping malls in KL....it looks good on tv, but not sure how good are they...but i believe they must have a certain standard coz the whole place is only for manicure and pedicure.....if you have frens in KL, just ask them...sungei wang, one utama or mid valley.....

hohoho i've tried once when I need to attend a Convo Ball at Ritz Carlton few wks back.Somehow it din last more than 1 wk cos i have got itchy fingers to peel them all off... dry.gif

But i must admit it makes our fingers look more feminine in just one touch! laugh.gifNow I know why so many ladies are obsessed with nail arts ahha!

hey ya ladies...

may i ask, do u ladies have any ideaon how to keep the nails from turning yellowish (the tip that is) coz it looks really yucky whenever i wana grow it long...

I don't really use nail polish often coz it kinda turns the nails yellowish too.

and one last question, I wana ask about those adhersive false nails... would those destroy da natural condition of the nails?!

Hmmm i guess u can try to soak ur nail in lemon juice for a couple of mins...

Bout the falsies thingie, i think the answer lies in what kind of glue u use. Make sure t has the quality lor..

Hey I read from a mag saying tht it's advisable to leave our nail as it is (read: unpaint) in alternate week so tht they could "breath". So I guess same thing applies to the adhesive nail. Don't put it too often, maybe?

of cos not really breath like human beings. But too much burden on the nail itself would cause our nail grow yellowish or smthg like tht. cos the chemical in the nail polish could alter our nails' originality.

If u do notice, our nails are not "dead thing". If it is seperated from our fingers (when we cut it), it turns yellowish and looks "dead", as compare to the translucent texture before.

Havent heard of mummy stories where their hair and nails will keep growing even they are dead?

Wow..knowledgeable cheesy is here!Anymore questions?aahah

ya.. i do agree the fingers will turn yellowish if we dont let our fingers 'breath'.. they kenot cover by nail polish for more than 2 weeks.. else it will turn yellowish.. this is my experience as i alws apply natural color of nail polish to keep my hands alws look good!

To Berlyn --> The place is called Kuku bar, it's in bangsar, or 1u U parkson also got. Their website is www.kukubar.com.my i think....can get the address from there.

To cheesilicious --> So far i think the cheapest place (and nice too) is in Midvalley, on the 1st floor near romp. RM25 for manicure and RM35 for pedicure.

I heard that the yellowish thingy can be removed by soaking in lemon juice or little bit of bleach mixed with water. Haven't tried before yet though....

haiyo.. as i said.. go try Sally Hansen manicure and pedicure.. RM25 and RM35.. all use sally hansen product wan..

I never used any nail polish or whatsoever....

but whenever my nails r growing, the tip r yellowish..

is it bcoz of the thickness of the nail itself?

i think about the lemon juice tip... that's if your nails are discoloured to the yellow tinge due to dark nail polish... but if u dun use nail polish and the tips are yellowish then i suppose it's your natural nail colour... sum ppl have harder nails and their tips are whiter... but if you have thinner nails, then it would look translucent and yellowish... but getting manicures (and pedicures) really help make your nails look healthier... also, the condition of your nails reflect the stuff you eat and your general well-being as well... vitamin e is said to be good for nails so if you have hand creams with vit e that'll be great... smile.gif manicures and pedicures aren't hard to do... u just need your basic manicure set and a basin of warm water to soak your hands in to make the cuticles softer so it's easier to shape... heheheh... smile.gif if you're not sure how to do your own nails, you can search for info on the net or you can try a nail salon once or twice and observe how they do it for you... smile.gif

haiyo.. as i said.. go try Sally Hansen manicure and pedicure.. RM25 and RM35.. all use sally hansen product wan..

ooo... luv sally hansen products... hehehe... another nail brand i luv is OPI... ehhehe... where's the sally hansen nail bar?!??!

Another reason causing nail plate to turn yellowish is smoking!

And a base coat is a must before applying the nail colour, especially those darker colour in which the colourant will stick on our nail plate and make it turning yellowish.

I just went for Chocolate Indulgence Manicure at Glitters in Bangsar Village. Thay are having promotion, RM35 for 1 hours, quite worth it. Including chocolate mineral buff, chocolate vanilla milk shake mask, chocolate syrup... etc etc.. it really smells delicious~~~

Today i went for my 1st pedicure ... i would recommend u all to this saloon... its at kelana jaya... they are using all OPI product ... and the service there are very good.... i sign up for their package.. which cost rm 150 for 5 session... which u have to finish in 6 month time... which they called it the essential package.. which they provide scrub untill ur knee there..... tis is their website www.juznails.com.my.... next month i am going to go for their spa which is 50% for those who sign up their packages...