Sign in to follow this  
shero

10 Foods you should eat everyday

Almonds

[img]http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd420/shero80/almon.jpg?t=1346119566[/img]
An ounce of almonds a day, about 23 nuts, provides nearly 9g of heart-healthy oleic acid, which is more than peanuts, walnuts or cashews. This monounsaturated fat is known to be responsible for a flurry of health benefits, the most recent of which is improved memory. If nothing else, snacking on the brittle nuts will take your mind of your hunger. Nearly a quarter of an almond’s calories come from belly-filling fiber and protein.

Swiss Chard
[img]http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd420/shero80/schard.jpg?t=1346119492[/img]

Most fruits and vegetables are role players, supplying us with a monster dose of a single nutrient. But Swiss chard is nature’s multibitamin, delivering substantial amounts of 16 vitamins and vital nutrients and it does so at a rock-bottom caloric cost. For a mere 35 calories’ worth of cooked chard, you get more than 716% of your recommend daily intake of bone-strengthening vitamin K, 214% of your day’s vitamin A (shown to help defend against cancer and bolster vision), and 17% of hard-to-get vitamin E (which studies have shown may help sharpen mental acuity). Plus, emerging research suggest that its combination of phytonutrient and fiber may provide an effective defense against colon cancer.

[quote name='shero' timestamp='1346119475' post='612379']
[img]http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd420/shero80/peppers.jpg?t=1346119439[/img]

Bell peppers

All peppers are loaded with antioxidants, but none so much as the brightly colored reds, yellow and oranges. These colors result from carotenoids concentrated in the flesh of the pepper, the same carotenoids that give tomatoes, carrots and grapefruits their healthy hues. The range of benefits provided by these colorful pigments include improved immune function, better communications between cells, protection against sun damage, and a diminished risk for several types of cancer. And if you can take the heat, try cooking with chile peppers. The bell pepper cousins are still loaded with carotenoids and vitamic C but have the added benefits of capsaicins, temperature-raising phytochemicals that have been shown to fight headache and arthritis pain as well as boost metabolism.
[/quote]

I am scared of the smell of peppers