Sign in to follow this  
haute_couture

Brazilian wax

as for me i don't really care about hurt, but just a little bit shy laa, showing private part to the stranger :wub:

the waxer is female too so whatever u have she has!

don't worry. they do it so often its nothing to them!

Does the hair grow back thicker and coarser?

unlike shaving or tweezing the hair grows less and it is finer.

i much prefer it this way than like a huge bush down there! :P

im also interested in brazillian wax... i saw this shop in the Star few days ago... looks proffessional and they claim that it's almost painless...

Strip

28 First Floor,

Jln Telawi 5,

Bangsar Baru.

03-22836094

maybe any interested babes can give them a call to check the pricing...

the first time you get it done it'll hurt from the yanking..but the next time you get it done it won't hurt anymore..

i get mine done in bangsar at this place called rupini's...it's pretty cheap..rm60 only...and they're pretty good...private room :P

there r some DIY kits aren't there?

like NADs... u can do it at home :P

but u mustnt trim d hair too short b4 u wax... must b d right length

hehe

i havent done it

but i wanna try!

anyone can recommend a good place?

can the waxer do like a heart or butterfly shape down there?

hehe

Was passing by The Strip in Bangsar and picked up their price leaflet.

Under the Brazilian Wax category, the prices are as follows :

1. Bikini Line RM28

2. Full Leg & Bikini RM103

3. X Strip (+ clipping down the front) RM38

4. XX Strip (Full Bikini) RM48

5. XX Strip Extra (Full Bikini) RM58

6. XXX Strip (Labia+Bottom+Design) RM88

7. XXXX Strip (All Off) RM88

8. Brazilian Strip Add On RM15

I don't know what the X stands for, I reckon maybe category of how much you want waxed off. What I typed above is exactly what is on the leaflet so I don't know what it all means. Just thought I'd share it with anyone who's interested. They do nails (manicure, pedicure etc) as well apparently.

I've never been inside the shop so if anyone's been there before, do share the experience with us here!

i saw the environment in THE STRIP from a mag, looks very nice and calming, just like a spa..

Tried Glitters @ 1U but dont like it. I dont like the small place and the blind as to cover the waxing space from the manicure/pedi area. I rather do mine with a little bit of privacy.

Rupini's Jalan Telawi Bangsar. - It's the same row as Angel's Cake and Post Office. The waxer is very friendly and very fast in doing her job so there's less pain for the first timer. Reminded me of my waxer in Brisbane. I did mine there 3x already as i like their service and the personal room for waxing.

Saluga Beauty at Bangsar same row as Devi Corner also do brazillian wax but i never try yet but for full leg i usually go to them as they are cheaper.

How's the charges for the services like at the 3 different places that you mentioned, Nchan?

Edited by weN

i tried glitters eons ago and paid close to RM100. Not sure how much it cost now.

Rupinis - RM60++ early 2006.

Saluga Beauty House - Waxing Full leg i paid RM40.00. If i was not mistaken, the Brazillian Wax cost RM35. Super cheap but dont know if they are good or not in Bwax

Same row as MacD's/Guardian/Finnegan's in Bangsar but somewhere in the middle of the street. First floor, can't remember what it's above though.

I learned brazilian wax before. I wax myself and i :wub: it. First time of coz very pain till my tears drop :lol: but the smooth clean result really pay off. After a few times wax i am numb to the pain.

The side effect for myself is a little bleeding at the follicle due to pulling too hard and a little bit rashes too. But it will gone after 1 day. Some people are advised to take Advil, pain reliever before the procedure.

My friends always ask me to do for them but i dare not coz i am not a professional and for first timer waxing that area is really pain.

Sass: which salon u go to in sydney?? i'm in sydney too.. i would love to try it but im scared!! and most of the ppl said dat u will get addicted to it!!

Ah, I didn't see this thread earlier...posted at the general hair removal thread asking about brazilian wax. How are the hairs when they grow back? Do they itch and poke?