Sign in to follow this  
haute_couture

Brazilian wax

Ohh i had done my first ever brazillian wax today in Strips at The Curve. It was so so painful for me but then like what everybody said, the pain is bearable. As it was my first time, the whole process took bout an hr.

I like the hairless feel but i am not sure if i'll go for the 2nd time yet. The pain still haunts me... i'll wait and see when the hair grows back...

Jeanye5,I am not sure what are the commercial ones that can be used but they have their own recommendation and it is sold at their place..pretty expensive stuff...
Poor you Erine...maybe you might wanna try taking a panadol before that or something...but an hour seemed so long coz my first time took about 30 mins including the after wax mask...

I've done my brazillian a couple of times in Strip. Thinking of saving cost by doing it myself by buying the wax. Does anyone know where I can buy it? I perfer hard wax, the type that does not need a cloth to be apply on the wax. Juz need to apply the wax and directly peel off the wax.

QUOTE (PeterPan @ May 9 2009, 07:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've done my brazillian a couple of times in Strip. Thinking of saving cost by doing it myself by buying the wax. Does anyone know where I can buy it? I perfer hard wax, the type that does not need a cloth to be apply on the wax. Juz need to apply the wax and directly peel off the wax.

ur refering to waxing strip??
u can get those from brands like Nair,Veet(drug store brand).can easily get from personal stores like Watsons and Guardian

QUOTE (cherriegal @ Dec 30 2007, 12:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm very new to this brazillian wax thing.. just like to ask a few questions.

is it painful?? and how long does it take for the hair to grow back? Won't it itch? blushing.gif

i guess pain and girls wont detach from each other. When i 1st get my brazillian wax I was nervous, shy and yes even till today IT IS STILL pain. But then if you visit them on monthly basis, you will see differences on the hair growth. Its like baby hair, more refine and thinner.

She will talk to you and ask your experience and ask you not to focus when she tried to pull off the cotton strap. Just relax, and breath..... wink3.gif It took approx 15 mins only. Pay RM88 and off you go. If you feel comfortable with the person who service you on the 1st time, ask for her name and when you come back for the 2nd appointment do request for the same beautician.

There may be advice given if she find that your area needed prescription..X'ed out cost at RM98 can last for bout 3mths will help to soften and soothens your skin and prevent from ingrown hairs clapping.gif Im using it and it works whistling.gif

QUOTE (d3vil doll @ May 9 2009, 08:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ur refering to waxing strip??
u can get those from brands like Nair,Veet(drug store brand).can easily get from personal stores like Watsons and Guardian

Hi, I'm not refering to the waxing strip. I'm refering to the liquid wax. Need to apply the wax over the hair and wait a couple of seconds for it try. Then can peel of the wax and the hair will come off as well.

QUOTE (sugar_glider @ May 10 2009, 04:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i guess pain and girls wont detach from each other. When i 1st get my brazillian wax I was nervous, shy and yes even till today IT IS STILL pain. But then if you visit them on monthly basis, you will see differences on the hair growth. Its like baby hair, more refine and thinner.

She will talk to you and ask your experience and ask you not to focus when she tried to pull off the cotton strap. Just relax, and breath..... wink3.gif It took approx 15 mins only. Pay RM88 and off you go. If you feel comfortable with the person who service you on the 1st time, ask for her name and when you come back for the 2nd appointment do request for the same beautician.

There may be advice given if she find that your area needed prescription..X'ed out cost at RM98 can last for bout 3mths will help to soften and soothens your skin and prevent from ingrown hairs clapping.gif Im using it and it works whistling.gif

Is X'ed out a hair removal cream or is it something you apply after waxing? Where did you get it? In Strip, they recomended I buy a cream to apply after waxing to help soften the new hair growth.....and it costs about RM200+!

QUOTE (PeterPan @ May 10 2009, 07:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi, I'm not refering to the waxing strip. I'm refering to the liquid wax. Need to apply the wax over the hair and wait a couple of seconds for it try. Then can peel of the wax and the hair will come off as well.

if ur refering to hair removal cream,u can get 1 from Veet,ts rm 19.90 from most Watsons/Guardian

QUOTE (haute_couture @ Oct 6 2005, 06:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Haha I know I said before that I'm scared of even doing a bikini wax cos its painful, but I was reading an article the other day about brazilian waxing and "Hmm...this is interesting...."

Anyone has any experiences to share? And where can I do it, for how much?

i guess when we talk bout beauty, girls will DON't MIND. When i 1st get my brazillian wax at the STRIP, Bangsar I was nervous, shy and yes even till today IT IS STILL pain. But then if you visit them on monthly basis, you will see differences on the hair growth. Its like baby hair, more refine and thinner.

She will talk to you and ask your experience and ask when when she knew that you engaging yourself into the conversation she will juz YANK. Try not to focus Just relax, and breath..... wink3.gif It took approx 15 mins only. Pay RM88 and off you go. If you feel comfortable with the person who service you on the 1st time, ask for her name and when you come back for the 2nd appointment do request for the same beautician.

There may be advice given if she find that your area needed prescription..X'ed out cost at RM98 can last for bout 3mths will help to soften and soothes your skin and prevent from ingrown hairs clapping.gif Im using it and it works whistling.gif

QUOTE (sugar_glider @ May 10 2009, 01:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i guess when we talk bout beauty, girls will DON't MIND. When i 1st get my brazillian wax at the STRIP, Bangsar I was nervous, shy and yes even till today IT IS STILL pain. But then if you visit them on monthly basis, you will see differences on the hair growth. Its like baby hair, more refine and thinner.

She will talk to you and ask your experience and ask when when she knew that you engaging yourself into the conversation she will juz YANK. Try not to focus Just relax, and breath..... wink3.gif It took approx 15 mins only. Pay RM88 and off you go. If you feel comfortable with the person who service you on the 1st time, ask for her name and when you come back for the 2nd appointment do request for the same beautician.

There may be advice given if she find that your area needed prescription..X'ed out cost at RM98 can last for bout 3mths will help to soften and soothes your skin and prevent from ingrown hairs clapping.gif Im using it and it works whistling.gif

X'ed out sounds good......it helps soften the hair. I must get one too.

If im not mistaken, Strips have opened a new outlet in Sunway Pyramid. anyone has their contact number?

I've normally had my waxing done at Glitters-1U and it'll be better if i can go to this one which is much nearer to my house smile.gif

thanks !

QUOTE (AnnieC @ May 11 2009, 12:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If im not mistaken, Strips have opened a new outlet in Sunway Pyramid. anyone has their contact number?

I've normally had my waxing done at Glitters-1U and it'll be better if i can go to this one which is much nearer to my house smile.gif

thanks !

Hi, does anyone know where I can buy the hot wax....just apply and then later strip the wax off to remove the hair...
I'm trying to search for it so that can do waxing at home.
I don't what the type where must use the wax + cloth. I just want the one where apply wax and pull the wax out.....I think it's called hard wax

If I am not mistaken, Guardian or Watson sells those hot wax too...i think Body Shop has it too..not sure if it's hard wax or not...and say, I have a question. Would cold weather actually make a wax job itch? The last time I wax it was alright but this time around I went overseas and it itched like mad!!

QUOTE (jaszmeene @ May 18 2009, 07:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If I am not mistaken, Guardian or Watson sells those hot wax too...i think Body Shop has it too..not sure if it's hard wax or not...and say, I have a question. Would cold weather actually make a wax job itch? The last time I wax it was alright but this time around I went overseas and it itched like mad!!

Thanks....I'll go and search.....The last time I couldn't find it there.
Hmm....I would think cold weather is better as the pores wouldn't open up.

Oooh..really?Coz I suspected it was the cold and dry weather that was making it itch....and i mean it REAAAALLLY itch...never felt this kind of crazy itch before!

QUOTE (jaszmeene @ May 21 2009, 02:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oooh..really?Coz I suspected it was the cold and dry weather that was making it itch....and i mean it REAAAALLLY itch...never felt this kind of crazy itch before!

hmm....that seems ood.
Perhaps you should try some lotion....not sure if that would help.
Sometimes I guess our skin tends to have 'moods'. Usually when I go waxing, I pay extra for them to apply a kind of solution that will slow down the hair growth and make it more soft when it grows. Perhaps you should try that.
I've always used that and never really had and itch problem.

QUOTE (jaszmeene @ May 18 2009, 07:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I tried body shop. Can't get it. Only got the type where u apply the wax and then later put the cloth over and rip off the hair.
Can't seem to find the wax alone for hair removal.

hey babes, may i know how much for waxing armpit,half leg & bikini line??? thanks so much for the info. i need to prepare some $$$$ before goin there! hehehe...

Hi All,

Someone posted earlier that Rupini's was good for brazillian wax. It is so NOT TRUE!! I went on Saturday, the person who attended to me (1) did not know what she was doing, (2) did not do a good job; (3) did not spray any form of antiseptic; (4) used powder on me; (5) used the same piece of cotton to dip in the powder and then on my private parts (I had to tell her that it was no hygienic to do so.

So, if anyone wants to go for BW, pls go to a reputable place. I have been going to Glitters in the Gardens and just wanted to try out other places mentioned in the forum. That will be the last time I do it! So disgusted!

There's one in Bangsar Telawi called Strip KL, it's on the 1st floor the same row as Blook and Guardian Pharmacy. The price if I remember is RM85. They offer 2 types of brazilian waxing, hot wax (less painful more expensive) or normal (more painful, less expensive). I did once, just to tick it off my bucket list. The embarrasing part is when they ask you to roll over, and to stretch your bum cheeks. My pain threshold is quite high so it was tolerable for me. But remember not to do it before a beach getaway because a couple of days after your skin is very sensitive.

Ya, I have called up Strip before to check on their packages. The brazillian wax using hot wax is quite exp RM114 per session. I find it odd that they have two types of waxing. My experience from Glitters is that they use the normal wax with the cotton strip for the top part, and the hot wax for the more delicate areas. I find that their charges are more reasonable.

i know a shop in sunway named "strip" , they provide all kind of waxing and have many choices too.. i think the just lauch in malaysia.. apart from sunway.. i think they have branch in arounf curve there..