Sign in to follow this  
haute_couture

Brazilian wax

hey guys...i stay in singapore and there is quite a number of waxing salon in singapore...prices ranging from S$30 plus to S$69...i am not new to bwaxing as i had been doing it for yrs...after going thru this forum, i realised that i should keep u guys inform abt some issue re: Brazillian Waxing...

firstly, there are mainly 2 types of waxing methods...

1. Hot waxing

2. Strip waxing

1. Hot waxing is applying a thick layer of warm wax over an area, press down and wait for it to cool and harden and pull off that whole layer. they are used on areas that are more delicate/ sensitive areas like armpit, pubic area as the skin in these areas are more sensitive and delicate. its usually less painful using this method as the temp of the hot wax will relax and open up ur pores fully, and when the hair is pull off, its easier and less pain due to the opened pores..

2. Strip waxing is applying a thin layer of warm wax over an area, and paste a piece of clothe/ paper over the wax and pressed down. wait for it to cool slightly and pull off that whole piece of paper. used mostly on large areas that are less sensitive like thigh, lower legs, belly etc etc. this method are usually more painful as the wax dont really open up ur pores, and when the paper is pulled, it increases the amt of force exerted on ur skin...but its good to remove hair in less sensitive but large areas like leg. it will provide a more through waxing.

*if ur waxing salon is using the 2nd method (STRIP WAXING) to do ur bwaxing, please please abandon that salon immediately!!!bcoz thats not the right way!!!

women's more delicate area is down there, and by using strip waxing, it will only "injuried" ur delicate skin "down there"...of course u will feel more pain, as pores are not open and when pulling together with the paper, it will send u to hell!!!!

good brazillian waxing is usually not that painful...maybe pain factor only 5/10.. and usually immediate pain and should subside almost immediately!!!and wont linger down there..

good brazillian waxer will know how to use compressing skills to relieve the pain when she yank the wax off..that should further decrease the pain factor. for the tweezing part, haiz...thats no choice...its bcoz of ingrowns...sometimes, girls are juz too lazy to scrub down there (even i oso...hahaha)...but not to worry, juz get those normal facial scrubs and use it everytime u bathe...at least twice a week...that should solve the ingrown problem...

i hope this will help those girls that long to get waxed!!! i promise u that u will LOVE the hairless experience!!!! its definately worth the cash and the pain...for the shy galz, cumon, the waxers sees pus*ys day in and day out...they are all numb liao..hahahaha..so no shy alrite..pluck up ur courage...and njoy being hair-free!!!!

andie thanks for the useful information. I'd like to ask one thing though, do the hairs that grow back cause any discomfort? Like do they itch and poke the skin?

Diamante: u're welcome...not really...usually the regrowth will be thinner compared to ur original hair thickness...as brazilian waxing removes hair from its root...thus, unlike shaving, the hair will "RE" grow...and will be thinner...thus will not really poke or itch ur skin...

another thing...i usually do my BW abt once a month or 3 to 4 weeks...please please dont bcoz u wanna save money then u go once in 2 or 3 month...then the pain that u experience might kill u!!!lol...i am serious!!!it will be MORE painful then ur virgin wax...the reason being when u wax for 1st time, ur pores are some wat open already..and the next month u wax again, will not be that painful...but if u miss ur waxing session for more than 2 months, ur pores will usually close back...even more...thats y when u go back after 3 month, the pain will really kill u!!! thats wat happened to me..i missed for 3 month, then when me and my fren go back, both of us limp out of the waxing salon..and both of us complaint abt the same thing!!!PAIN!!!hahahaha...

Edited by andie

Diamante: u're welcome...not really...usually the regrowth will be thinner compared to ur original hair thickness...as brazilian waxing removes hair from its root...thus, unlike shaving, the hair will "RE" grow...and will be thinner...thus will not really poke or itch ur skin...

another thing...i usually do my BW abt once a month or 3 to 4 weeks...please please dont bcoz u wanna save money then u go once in 2 or 3 month...then the pain that u experience might kill u!!!lol...i am serious!!!it will be MORE painful then ur virgin wax...the reason being when u wax for 1st time, ur pores are some wat open already..and the next month u wax again, will not be that painful...but if u miss ur waxing session for more than 2 months, ur pores will usually close back...even more...thats y when u go back after 3 month, the pain will really kill u!!! thats wat happened to me..i missed for 3 month, then when me and my fren go back, both of us limp out of the waxing salon..and both of us complaint abt the same thing!!!PAIN!!!hahahaha...

Lol oh man, you poor girls. Thanks for the heads up. I am so tempted to get a wax, just doing some research about the procedure and place first. Though the price for monthly waxes might be abit steep for me at the moment.

How much does STRIPS charge btw,rozita?

yea heard abot the Strip Wax salon located at Bangsar Baru.Tot of trying it out..I normally wax the other parts(hands, legs,underarms) but then new to 'down there'

strip salon - brazilian wax rm 88

i heard they have whitening for that area too...

strip is nice... staff are friendly, environment relaxing....

Strip is offering new customers 50% off for their first wax, so your brazilian would only be RM 44! :D I'm so tempted!

Edited by weN

hey guys...i stay in singapore and there is quite a number of waxing salon in singapore...prices ranging from S$30 plus to S$69...i am not new to bwaxing as i had been doing it for yrs...after going thru this forum, i realised that i should keep u guys inform abt some issue re: Brazillian Waxing...

firstly, there are mainly 2 types of waxing methods...

1. Hot waxing

2. Strip waxing

1. Hot waxing is applying a thick layer of warm wax over an area, press down and wait for it to cool and harden and pull off that whole layer. they are used on areas that are more delicate/ sensitive areas like armpit, pubic area as the skin in these areas are more sensitive and delicate. its usually less painful using this method as the temp of the hot wax will relax and open up ur pores fully, and when the hair is pull off, its easier and less pain due to the opened pores..

2. Strip waxing is applying a thin layer of warm wax over an area, and paste a piece of clothe/ paper over the wax and pressed down. wait for it to cool slightly and pull off that whole piece of paper. used mostly on large areas that are less sensitive like thigh, lower legs, belly etc etc. this method are usually more painful as the wax dont really open up ur pores, and when the paper is pulled, it increases the amt of force exerted on ur skin...but its good to remove hair in less sensitive but large areas like leg. it will provide a more through waxing.

*if ur waxing salon is using the 2nd method (STRIP WAXING) to do ur bwaxing, please please abandon that salon immediately!!!bcoz thats not the right way!!!

women's more delicate area is down there, and by using strip waxing, it will only "injuried" ur delicate skin "down there"...of course u will feel more pain, as pores are not open and when pulling together with the paper, it will send u to hell!!!!

good brazillian waxing is usually not that painful...maybe pain factor only 5/10.. and usually immediate pain and should subside almost immediately!!!and wont linger down there..

good brazillian waxer will know how to use compressing skills to relieve the pain when she yank the wax off..that should further decrease the pain factor. for the tweezing part, haiz...thats no choice...its bcoz of ingrowns...sometimes, girls are juz too lazy to scrub down there (even i oso...hahaha)...but not to worry, juz get those normal facial scrubs and use it everytime u bathe...at least twice a week...that should solve the ingrown problem...

i hope this will help those girls that long to get waxed!!! i promise u that u will LOVE the hairless experience!!!! its definately worth the cash and the pain...for the shy galz, cumon, the waxers sees pus*ys day in and day out...they are all numb liao..hahahaha..so no shy alrite..pluck up ur courage...and njoy being hair-free!!!!

Hi andie,

I am also staying in SIN, wanted to try doing BWax too.

Have you ever heard of this shop call "D'Wax Room 33"? Want to find out whether do they have any bad record or good before trying.

errr is it safe and will it be painful ? :(

who will be the person doing the wax ? female or male?

strip salon - brazilian wax rm 88

i heard they have whitening for that area too...

strip is nice... staff are friendly, environment relaxing....

hi, just wondering where is strip? i kinda know it's located @ bangsar...

Strip KL is located in Telawi Bangsar. It is the same row as McD's. Below is the address:

STRIP KL

No. 28 1st Floor

Jalan Telawi 5

Bangsar Baru

59100 KL

Tel: 03 2283 6094

Fax: 03 2283 6091

Hope that helps. :)

Edited by weN

thanks weN!

went to strip today n book an appointment... gonna try it next week... i know it's gonna hurt but i'm actually pretty excited about it.. :P

oh ya.. da girl recommends me to go for da hard wax coz it's not as painful as soft wax... but of course more expensive la

You're more than welcome. I would recommend doing hard wax as well if its the first time you're doing Brazilian. Yes, its a tad bit more pricey but with the 20% off (if I'm not mistaken), its still a pretty good deal. :)

I did it using hard wax as well as it was rather quick and painless.

what's the difference between hard wax and soft wax? they use different wax? the one i had in strip consisted of hot (the outside) and cold (the inside).

thought of goign this month too... see how's the budget first. still got 50% discount?

i dun think they still have 50% discount, coz they didn't mention about it...

da girl told me that if u do hard wax, it's less pain and suitable to 1st time user, u can go for soft wax after that...