Sign in to follow this  
haute_couture

Brazilian wax

After seeing Euphoric's msg- I went to the nail bar today to do a bikini ONLY..my 1st time, so don't dare to brazillian- the bikini cost me 45...so i guess 70 for brazillian is quite worth it...

Surprised that it did not hurt quite as much as i tot it would be.

The gal, chris did it for me, she said after a doing bikini a few times, the person will want to do brazillian coz it's so much cleaner feeling after being waxed.

Now only afraid it will be itchy when it starts to grow back le.... unsure.gif

Jenni- the person can teman u until the entrance to the store room only...the room can only fit 2 ppl - u n the gal doing the waxing for u- coz the room is SO small....haha...

Yes I do it almost every month.

Once you start you cant stop! It's cleaner and obviously smoother!

Doesnt hurt too much for me as I've been doing it for years.

:)

I'm actually in Aus so almost every other salon here does it.

Can cost between $30-$55.

I remember reading somewhere here there's places in Bangsar that do it for abt RM115?

I havent had any problems so far with the hygiene factor as the girls always use gloves.

Some people have problem with double dipping from the same pot but I am fine with mine as the beautician always uses a new stick to dip the wax in and to apply on me.

I'm not sure how it works in M'sia tho! Sorry cant help there.

All I do know is it feels so much better when it is all off and when you have your period. Easier to clean, you dont get dried blood stuck on you etc.......try it!

Sass ... ahh ok. :) am looking into Ozmosis spa in Bangsar.. THe last i asked was RM130 but i'm not too keen to try at the moment. TOo expensive.

have any of you girls tried it out yet?

Just two days ago I went for laser hair removal for my underarms!

I am definitely itching to get rid of my brazilian too but its so scary. Imagine the laser pointed at you "down there" :blink:

I had mine at Mid Valley, 1st floor. There are 2 nail studios, one is run by auties another has men doing manicures. The former one cost RM90 and the aunty one cost RM80.

I had the RM80 one and it really feels smooth after the waxing! but be prepared as first time always HURT. :P

she first apply warm wax on one part to test, then she stick a clean cloth to it, pull the part's skin tight, and yank!

same like how poeple wax their legs lor...the tighter you pull your skin, the easier it come off.

oh yeah she will trim the hair shorter first before waxing, if you scare very pain becasue full wax, you can ask her to wax only the outer part (part that might be seen when wear bikini).

try to hold for 15 minutes then you can enjoy hairless pubes for at least a week :D being hairless down there feels really nice one! more confident too! :thumbup1:

Hi all..

names Zen....newbie :)...hail from PJ...

I joined MYB after i was doing a search on brazilian waxing...

and thanks t y'all...i found a place and got it goin' on..

FR:

Called the Nail Salon at MV..the one beside the Strudels cafe...

appointments are required...so made my booking..

was led to a small room...

UNFORTUNATELY....it's not private...and i instantly felt umfortable....the only thing separating your eagle spread legs a :shakehead: nd the public...is a thin curtain...i swear it's kinda see-through because i cud make out silhouettes moving about outside....

it's a makeshift store...no 'roofing'...so....those outside can hear the rips and yelps from inside....

quite a damper... :loser:

my session took about 45 mins..

please...i must warn y'all...for those who shaved....pls forget the idea of waxing....it will be difficult....yours truly did a shave a few days back...and it grew into stubbles...she did manage to wax out the long bits...BUT....for the shaved bits...she used a TWEEZER!!!...she tweezed the stubbly bits and hell did it hurt..

i swear i will never shave again...and unfortunately...she could not do much with the stubbles....i;ll have to tweez them on my own she said.....yeah right.

she advised that from now on..i must never shave because the hair will grow out harder and when it's harder....the waxing n ripping becomes painful...

now...hygiene....

nope...she didnt wear gloves....nor face mask..

the wax counter was kinda messy....

the tweezer was left lying there...not placed in those antiseptic cups or pans etc...

she left the wax bowl on the counter....im not sure if the spatula she used was left in there...

she slathered me with Vaseline....i was wishing for something much more soother!!!

and yes....people outside cud hear me...

after my session ended....i stepped out...i was greeted by the whole darn family i think..

and the most cheekiest part was...i think it's her mum...can say...

"very busy and long inside there aaaaaa"..."blh dengar"...

at that moment...i wished the earth opened up and swallowed me...and threw me into the parking lot..

it was not a private affair at all..

brazilian wax now costs 80rm...dunno if it was worth the pain and the eavesdropping...

oh well....but im happy...

and wud wax again....but this time...can someone pls rekomen a place that offers the privacy we truly need for such an intimate moment...

oh Zen that sounds like such an awful experience!!!

I heard that the one in Bangsar is pretty good? I'm not sure as I've never waxed in M'sia.

Headed for mine next week and I am extremely excited.

Call me a saddist but I really really love getting waxed!

sass..

yeaahhh...

i think they wanted to do a sa sap sui job....come in....rip here..yank there...slap some jelly...wallah....ure done....

tsk....hope u can give an FR (full report) onyour session ok ;)...i really want a private place...WITH DOORS and LOCKS!...

haiyo....kids wanted to come into the room yesterday....i felt sooooo insecure...and kinda had this...doing-something-illegal feeling because of the noise....the claustrophobic room...the curtain...

quite traumatising....

ooh, zen.... pity you, your session very long leh. mine 15minutes also cannot tahan odi, sweated all over my butt haha.

I did it in the Long nail studio wor, I think same as yours....also RM80.

your are right about the shaving part, the lady did ask me if I shaved befor... thank god I didn't... ^_^

the one in ou- glitters is rm180 n the lady is very experienced, very good. a little pricey but she's good.

hey gals I found another shop doing bikini wax Rm 90 at times square.

paradise nail studio, 5th floor. I saw a room with locked doors.... should be quite secure, plan to try it there next time hehe... :P

honestly...it doesnt hurt one bit!

i just got mine done again over the weekend. this time my waxer was just fantastic. i didn't feel A THING.

i was so worried that I had gotten in-growns but thankfully I didn't!

word of advice though...for all the girls who have gone for a brazilian. PLEASE EXFOLIATE! the worst thing you want are in-growns down there and it'd hurt so bad the next time you wax!