Sign in to follow this  
Fiona

Cigarettes...

lol Kellyn ... I have been smoking since I was 14 ... and it ish very hard to quit ... smile.gif

wow, terror ah... ok, just go ahead what u are doing, just hope you'll stop it soon.. tongue.gif

i started smoking when i was 18. started off as a social smoker.. then when i knew my ex-bf (who is now my husband tongue.gif ), it got worse, i started taking ciggs from him FOC. I can smoke up to a pack within hours when i'm feeling sad or depressed. On normal days, i smoke close to 8 sticks a day.

When i found out i was pregnant, i quit smoking immediately.. hormonal changes i guess... totally disgusted by smokers. Smoked a couple of sticks after i gave birth tho... now totally quit becoz i'm breastfeeding my son still. wink.gif

Good Luck to all those babes and hunks who want to quit smoking! thumbup.gif

i'm a smoker, i feel like quitting but then stress comes along and i smoke again.....>.<

capri go get from the duty free hehehe... cartier is everywhere and its 7.50 now right if i'm not wrong. capri taste strong but when u inhale, its not... just the smell that is... cartier is alright

capri's are nice, but alot of ppl say guys smoking menthol is bad.....why why?????

been smoking cartier ever since ... even marlboro menthol light cant match the taste ... smile.gif

they say smoking menthol will make guys impotent?

my fren went 2 penang she bought dis cigg only for ladies...do u guys know wat is d brand name??? i used to smoke salem light box...but den trying 2 smoke dunhill blue pack...is it ok??? coz i heard salem can bring breast cancer....really arr???

my fren went 2 penang she bought dis cigg only for ladies...do u guys know wat is d brand name??? i used to smoke salem light box...but den trying 2 smoke dunhill blue pack...is it ok??? coz i heard salem can bring breast cancer....really arr???

i think all cigarettes can increase the chances of getting cancer kua? if got any brand that is anti-cancer, sure got FDA approval wan. probably the pharmaceutical companies will start producing that kind of cigarettes also.

I don't smoke, because I hate second hand smoke, and simply because not interested in doing so at all. wink.gif When there's a smoker smoking near or in front of me, I'll walk away because cannot 'tahan' the smell, cannot breath. tongue.gif

i started smoking on dec 31 2005.. hehehe.. me and my bf bought a pack for fun.. and now we are smoking almost everyday... sometimes around 3 stciks per day... sometimes around 10.. wonder if i am adicted or not..

cuz i started to feel like i want to smoke now and then.. sigh..

my bf started smoking when he was about 13. Addict.. not those try try thingy... he tried when he was 9. but got caught..... but found his way to smoke constantly from 13 onwards... sigh... mad.gif

i have quit for my gf... is already 6 months i didnt touch d...

i started when i was 14. started with malboro red, and when im 17 i take dunhill till 6 months ago... used to take 1 pack per day... if stress, then it will be 2 packs.. if go yum cha with frends, even worse... about 3-5 packs per nite.

i never take light before.. coz got no taste.... so usually i took those heavy one.. but im glad i succesfully quit it...

i have to tell u is very hard to quit.. i did it for my gf.... the 1st 2 months, i was suffering... i will feel uneasy when i dun take... but now, i manage to go on with my life without taking it..

My bf almost same case vf u... but hard to quit he said..

How u quit it ? He had tried 2 eat chewing gum n candies but....

He ask me help him to quit but i hv really no idea... sad.gif

Soon, graphic warning labels for cigarette packets

15 April 2006

PENANG: Cigarette packets may look like miniature Tak Nak (Say “No”) posters once the Tobacco Control Bill is passed.

Health Ministry parliamentary secretary Datuk Lee Kah Choon said graphic deterrents on cigarette packets were necessary as the Merokok Membahayakan Kesihatan (Smoking Endangers Health) warning introduced in 1977 on packets had proved ineffective.

“Six prototypes of the most-effective graphic warning labels will be submitted with the draft of the Bill,” he said.

He was speaking to reporters yesterday after launching Universiti Sains Malaysia's Innovative Design for Health exhibition at the USM ABN-AMRO Arts and Cultural Centre.

Lee said warning labels with photos or graphics on cigarette packets were compulsory under the World Health Organisation's Framework Convention on Tobacco Control, ratified by Malaysia in September.

“More than 10 countries in the world, including Thailand and Singapore, have made graphic warning labels compulsory,” he said.

He said placing a total ban on cigarette sales was difficult, and the only country in the world that had done that was Bhutan, which had a low ratio of smokers.

Graphic warning labels would also counter the current trend among tobacco firms to sell limited-edition cigarettes in attractive packaging, he said.

USM deputy vice-chancellor (research and innovation) Datuk Prof Muhammad Idiris Saleh said the university was studying how effective cigarette packet designs were in affecting a smoker's emotions under a grant from the Roswell Park Cancer Institute in the United States.

well i personally don't really like smokers. hate the smells and automatically when i'm near smoker i tend to stand further away and if the smoke they puff comes towards me i will try the make the smoke away using my hands. i cannot stop myself doing it and sometimes i think i offend those that smokes as it's so obvious that i don't like beinmg around smokers.

well for those only staring to smoke and those smokes already long time just think in the long run the losers only going to be your health wherelse the biggest winner will be the cigarettes company...

Why not try the nicotine patch if you want to quit smoking? ask your doc about them. Sometimes wanting to quite and ready to quit is two different situation :)

Normally I try not to offend anybody but I am really sick and tired of irresponsible smokers, so this post may, and will offend some ppl, ppl who fall into the category I am talking abt.

From the above you'll probably know that I am a non-smoker with a capital 'N'. I am really sensitive to cigarette smoke and I can detect a person smoking from far away.

When I was overseas I saw pregnant and breast feeding women smoking. That really, really disgusted me. How irresponsible can a person be. If the child turns out abnormal (most probably) , it's not the mother who is going to suffer throughout her life. Its the poor innocent child.

The other day i was having dinner with my family in an enclosed air-conditioned restaurant, there was this group of middle-aged men sitting right under a 'no smoking' sign puffing away, with bottles and bottles of beer. The only way of describing these ppl is 'ignorance' or 'stupidity'. Ignorance - they couldn't give a darn, and stupidity - they do not understand a simple 'no smoking' sign. If these ppl do not respect their own health, pls respect other ppl's health.

So to those who smoke, pls smoke responsibly. Think abt others who are around u. Do not just light up wherever and whenever u want.

i also nvr smoke b4....ermm...smoke once when i was 6yrs old..that time me n my sis curi my grandpa's cigarettes n try at kichen..hehe..end up,both of 2 little gals get choke in the kitchen..of coz,scolded by mom n dad!