Sign in to follow this  
fred

Backpacking anyone?

backpacking?? i'm ON!!!

details pls?? who's doing the planning???

cheekyboy> whoever wants to go plan together-gether lah. not fair if one person does all the planning and the others just tag along right?

sn0w|e> 4 is the ideal number. let me know if you're really up for it alright?

guitarleo> how nice biggrin.gif thailand must be very tame by your standards

i wanna follow can ah

kawaii^cyn> help plan the trip also ohkay? and oh, yes biggrin.gif save up

sure sure...me will sure help to plan..anything tell me k...yalo must save jor

ok kewl ... but hopefully by end of the year and I hope Thailand condition ish ok now smile.gif if not not sure my mom will let me go or not ... dun wan kena tembak lol

cheekyboy> whoever wants to go plan together-gether lah. not fair if one person does all the planning and the others just tag along right?

haha... of course of course... but someone's gotta take the lead, at least call for meeting or something...

i think everyone is waiting for you to make the first move...

keep me posted!

ok kewl ... but hopefully by end of the year and I hope Thailand condition ish ok now smile.gif if not not sure my mom will let me go or not ... dun wan kena tembak lol

I didn't tell my parents yet that I'll be going biggrin.gif Sampai masa just cabut only lah. I always do that and then only let them know later...

lol same like me la ... hope to hv the updated info too .. I've never been to Thailand tho ... Nov i'm going to SG ... so Nov ish a no no

p/s : cool blog saff

i wanna go too...but if u all wanna go thailand..i dun think i'll be joining..cause my mum wud probably be the one with the gun shooting at me...

i might be going to sabah end of this year for backpackking

Backpack Backpack !!!~!!

ohhhhh i soooo miss the time i can backpack back in Uni days !!

how can i miss this thread out ?

backpack to thailand is a good choice for a "beginer backpacker" cause it's the nearest to M'sia and it's safer than the rest of the SEA destinations, depends on where youo go. if you can go to Laos or Vietnam would be a lot better... but heck it, let's plan.. hehe..

Saffy, come up with a rough plan and a route aight ? i help you do some of the planning along the way. need at least about 1 ~ 2 months of planning in advance for a good one

Backpack Backpack !!!~!!

ohhhhh i soooo miss the time i can backpack back in Uni days !!

how can i miss this thread out ?

backpack to thailand is a good choice for a "beginer backpacker" cause it's the nearest to M'sia and it's safer than the rest of the SEA destinations, depends on where youo go. if you can go to Laos or Vietnam would be a lot better... but heck it, let's plan.. hehe..

Saffy, come up with a rough plan and a route aight ? i help you do some of the planning along the way. need at least about 1 ~ 2 months of planning in advance for a good one

Cannnnnnnnnnnn...cos I wasn't evern really sure how or where to start. Was thinking of the moolah first lookaround.gif

Joy,

Backpacking...omg...i'll tell you my adventures in a bit...haha...keep this space posted...

Cheers,

Allan

Cannnnnnnnnnnn...cos I wasn't evern really sure how or where to start. Was thinking of the moolah first lookaround.gif

okie dokie saffy...

in order to have a memorable, yet safe and fun backpacking trip, you need to plan, and there're a few things you need to take note of.

1. most importantly, where you want to start, where you want to end

2. now you have the start and end point, look at the route next, how you want to go from point A to point B, set a few waypoints in between. you need a map for that smile.gif

3. after you have the start, end point + waypoints, now do some research about the waypoints, put extra effort at the DOs and DON'Ts smile.gif

get it started, grab some info, then call for a backpackers' meeting, and we'll be there listen to saffy's first ever backpacking trip !!

Chope chope.

Ken, you wanna listen to my stories only ah? dry.gif Not planning to come along one is it?

My boyfriend said he'll help me plan my route on foot lah. But I was thinking of flying there then coming home by land lah. Not so tahan lasak man.

sn0w|e> of course i need help biggrin.gif help lah ohkay, sama sama plan

allan> jom one day we sit down you tell me yeah wink.gif

ken: mari mari... come backpack together...

---

here's some more points to consider for a start:

1. how many days can you afford to be away - this will more or less set the number of places u can visit, the amount of activities u can do, how far u can go, how long u can stay at one location, and of course indirectly... much much you will need to spend
  2. what do u wanna do/see - sightseeing? jalan-jalan? any specific activity in mind? anything in particular u wanna do? any place in particular u wanna visit?
once you've got an idea of the above... then you can look at what ken posted above... and throw in the following considerations:
  1. accommodation preferences - r u ok with camping? backpackers? 2 or 3 start motels/hotels? twin sharing? quad sharing? hostel type - 8 to a room? toilet in room? shared toilet? this will greatly impact on your budget
  2. mode of transportation - bus? train? self-drive? i'm ruling out flying other than getting in and/or out of the country... again, this will impact on budget
----

thailand is a big country... do u wanna do the whole of thailand? just the southern part? just the northern part? just the beaches and islands? set some clear boundaries so that we can start doing the following:

1. research the area we wanna visit - find out attractions, getting there, how much time we want to spend at that location, how to get to the next destination, how much travelling time is involved... etc
  2. research the options we have when we are there - whether it's sight-seeing / activities, what are the type of accommodation available, how much it's gonna cost, whether there's any options for getting to the next destination
then.. at the end of it... we can figure out
  1. how much it will cost
  2. how long will the entire trip take
  3. how does the overall itinery look like
  4. what we will need to bring, what we will need to buy
  5. what bookings we will need to make in advance, if any
that will determine whether we can afford to stay at any place longer or whether we need to trim some destinations to fit our budget/time

hmm... i think i've pretty much covered all the preparation stage... did i leave out anything??

saffy: not listen only lar... haha... got plan, listen then can get the backpack kick started ma... got kick edi then will plan together and off we go lor .... hoho... so must tell us lar...

Cheeky: since when i say no to this kind of healthy activity one ? come on lar.

Cheeky: since when i say no to this kind of healthy activity one ? come on lar.

offtopic.gif

ehh... in that case next round you're back we go Nuang wink.gif