• Please log in to reply
227 replies to this topic

#181 #ChRiS#

Infant Babe

• MYB Babe
  • PipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 10:22 PM

I'm taking vitamin C, EPO and collagen powder supplement... What to do, i'm getting old... So must take good care of our body and skin... tongue.gif

#182 blutone

Preemie Babe

• MYB Babe
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 02:58 PM

I used to take loads of them EPO (for my menstrual cramps) Vit C, Neem tablets, Omega Fish Oil and the Diamond XPC (Ok this was a weird one. It's actually an animal feed. OK, b4 u guys go shocking.gif laughing.gif . Pls google the Diamond XPC , u'll see what I mean biggrin.gif ).

Anyway I've trim it down. Now only EPO and Neem Tablets (or sometimes directly from the plant) Vit C occsionally coz I make sure evryday at least I have a serving of apples or other fruits.

So there u go.

#183 AshleyLaw

Preemie Babe

• MYB Babe
  • 23 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 03:57 PM

QUOTE (MysTerious^Gal @ Aug 6 2005, 12:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yeahyeaH...its cheap.. at first i really donno whether it works or not cause its cheap.... but then i sees the result... wow!! fantastic! loveit ever since! and cant live without EPO.. hahahahha!!

Wanna ask if 1000mg kordel EPO contains how many capsules in a bottle? It costs only RM30? Sorry a bit blur here. Wanna compare with what I recently purchased from Vitamin World also around RM33 for 120 capsules 1000mg. Pls advise. Thanks ya.

#184 eden

NewBorn Babe

• MYB Babe
  • Pip
  • 281 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 03:59 PM

Hi babes, want to ask, did anyone of you heard of the long term consumption of EPO may lead to side effect? since it is a hormone balancing herb, i wonder if there is any effect to our hormone if it already in good balanced condition? like over correcting? haha tongue.gif
I'm asking this because i have stopped taking EPO for quite some time, but few days ago i got a big pimple resulted from half glass of red wine (over heaty i guess), i tried to take EPO and see if my pimple can healed faster, but seems like my skin condition getting worse, so i stopped it and just continue vit c and vit e. now it's much better...

Another question is, anyone taking 21st century supplement? is it good? it has a skin supplement called "marino", which is much cheaper than imedeen and estime, wondering if it's effective... rolleyes.gif

#185 bronze_chiqz

Infant Babe

• MYB Babe
  • PipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 05:01 PM

Ive taken so many supplements before from Amway, E.Excel and all the pharmacy's brand.Nothing works for me.I dont know how it works for others,but I always had no luck with it.The last I took was EPO from Efamol brand to cure my severe all over dry skin.Within 2 weeks, my face got huge huge bumps all over.I stopped immediately and the bumps slowly gone.My derm told me that we cant simply eat any supplements,each individual's body system is tuned differently.I think its better to consult a physician or dietitian before investing into the right supplements.Just a piece of advice.One of my friend's aunty is a doctor and she said for those who r not married yet, its best not take supplements like Imeeden,Estime n stuff.She said this has long term effects on conceiving later.It is better to take these pillz after ur married or after u had kid..This is what she said based on her strings of patients who pops pills to achieve healthy skin and ended up getting their body system n skin ruined...

#186 `cherish

Kiddy Babe

• MYB Babe
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 08:42 PM

QUOTE (eden @ Apr 13 2008, 03:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi babes, want to ask, did anyone of you heard of the long term consumption of EPO may lead to side effect? since it is a hormone balancing herb, i wonder if there is any effect to our hormone if it already in good balanced condition? like over correcting? haha tongue.gif
I'm asking this because i have stopped taking EPO for quite some time, but few days ago i got a big pimple resulted from half glass of red wine (over heaty i guess), i tried to take EPO and see if my pimple can healed faster, but seems like my skin condition getting worse, so i stopped it and just continue vit c and vit e. now it's much better...

Another question is, anyone taking 21st century supplement? is it good? it has a skin supplement called "marino", which is much cheaper than imedeen and estime, wondering if it's effective... rolleyes.gif

I heard people said that taking too much EPO will cause more pimples to appear. Not sure how true is it though
My Signature

After all the ups and downs which we have gone through, I am glad to still have you by my side. I love you baby!!!

#187 ilovechelc

Preemie Babe

• MYB Babe
  • 89 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 09:14 PM

QUOTE (love^hurts @ Apr 14 2008, 08:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I heard people said that taking too much EPO will cause more pimples to appear. Not sure how true is it though

since it is partly to supplement the "healthy oil" back to our body, maybe it depends on how oily/dry your face is to begin with? unsure.gif
cos i have a friend with extremely dry peeling skin (her face and all over her body!), after taking EPO, her skin condition has really really improved.
and my friend's lil cousin who has eczema since young, her mom gave her 2000mg of EPO for a few months when she was just 5years old! after the skin is better dy, now shes taking 1000mg daily, and i see her skin is really nice ohh..

but i oso dont dare to take too much myself cos i have combination-oily skin, so i just take 1000mg-1500mg a day, and i dont have any break out problems or excessive oiliness..

i guess you must really tailor it to your body conditions lah.. if your face becomes oily, then take less, if still oily, then maybe dont take at all? unsure.gif its really according to individual needs.. but as far as i know, there isnt any longterm side-effect from taking EPO.. after all, they are made from natural ingredients.. but i was told that the cold-pressed, non-raffeinated is better because of how they process it..

#188 lipice

Preemie Babe

• MYB Babe
  • 51 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 07:03 PM

What is the purpose of eating EPO? Some told me is for skin and some say it is for menstrual...so which is which? Blur here.

#189 gurly_dance

NewBorn Babe

• MYB Babe
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 04:38 PM

#190 ivory_rong

Infant Babe

• MYB Babe
  • PipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 05:10 PM

EPO is for menstrual ....cos when menstrual come regulary and tat will make ur skin condition better..cos epo will reduce the heatyness in the blood...something like that...but is good that girls take epo....tats wat my consultant say to me

#191 BOEYF

Preemie Babe

• MYB Babe
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 11:33 PM

EPO is very effective for balancing hormone...
after hormone balanced,ur skin will feel better..
plus it contains omega 6 which is essential fatty acid for our body..
salmon oil or any other fish oil is different from EPO,
fish oil is omega 3...
btw EPO oso very good for menopause and pre-menstrual symptom.
actually 1 day 1000mg is enuf for daily use,but u can take high dosage oso but cannot for a long time..
da brand i take is GNC la..
is a US product,u can find at malaysia....
they gt many outlet de...
i buy at metro prima kepong la....coz their staff all chinese...easy 2 talk...
price ah...RM 211.90 be4 discaunt la..
member gt 20 % discaunt de....

#192 annie90

Preemie Babe

• MYB Babe
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 12:38 PM

Hey,ladies.I want to to ask what supplements should I eat for my mestruation cycle.If I am not mistaken,I didn't have my period since November. My mom said it is not a problem for this age.She said this might be the inheritance. I was thinking to go for doctor but I am so "malu"...

#193 `cherish

Kiddy Babe

• MYB Babe
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 12:54 PM

QUOTE (annie90 @ May 3 2008, 12:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey,ladies.I want to to ask what supplements should I eat for my mestruation cycle.If I am not mistaken,I didn't have my period since November. My mom said it is not a problem for this age.She said this might be the inheritance. I was thinking to go for doctor but I am so "malu"...

You don't have period since November??? You should go to see a doctor and trust me, there is nothing to be shy about. I would freaked out even if my period is delayed for a month only. I think it is a problem for a 17 year old. It might not matter much for 13 or 14 years old girl because their hormone are still imbalance. But well, I am not a doctor or pharmacist and my advice might be wrong. The best is still get it checked by doctors.
My Signature

After all the ups and downs which we have gone through, I am glad to still have you by my side. I love you baby!!!

#194 nana-rei

Preemie Babe

• MYB Babe
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 08:28 PM

QUOTE (annie90 @ May 3 2008, 12:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i think you should go to see a doctor immediately. i had the same problem as you during my teenage years. didn't get my period for like 5 months. then my mum took me to see a doc. gave me an injection and was told that my period should come within 3 days. and sure enuf, it came on the 3rd day. nothing to be shy about.. it's your health that matters. smile.gif

#195 E-nigma

Preemie Babe

• MYB Babe
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 10:54 PM

Hm.. have you guys heard of USANA? It's ranked as one of the best ( along with nutritional supplements from Douglas Labotories and Truestar Health) in The Comparative Guide to Nutritional Supplements, a book written by Lyle MacWilliam. He’s a contributory writer for Life Extension Foundation, a non profit agency dedicated to the scientific exploration of preventive health and longevity. On top of that, all of Usana’s products are pharmaceutical grade and are recorded down in MIMS – Malaysia Index of Medical Specialities, Official Drug Reference of the Malaysian Medical Association. Doctors and pharmacists can dispense the products as nutritional supplements. I've been taking it just only and it really helped a lot. Used to have constipation.. but now.. no more. Hehehe.. =) I believe fully in health supplements even though I'm studying medicine. Most doctors don't believe in it but it's really important these days. So ppl, do take your health supplements! 
My Signature
yuhhui.blogspot.com

#196 Teff

Kiddy Babe

• MYB Babe
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 11:08 PM

I take Folic Acid, Liver guard (Dandelion & Silymarin extracts), Dermareen, GLOW & Vitamin C daily.
My Signature
*Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get*

#197 yukisoo

Preemie Babe

• MYB Babe
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 09:13 PM

I take vitamin C (1000mg) everyday as I heard that vitamin C is essential for skin renewal or repair. And my skin really looks better after i take it everyday since last month (dunno whether it's psychological factor tongue.gif )...

#198 ThunderFoxy

Preemie Babe

• MYB Babe
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 02:04 PM

Hey ho everyone! The best EPO would be brand Vitahealth. It's called Primolin Gold. The EPO mg from this brand is way much higher than any other brands which is 1300mg!!! Not only that, it also mix with 10mg of vitamin E as well where as Vitamin E is good for skin.. It only cost rm100++ and its worth it as it a bottle contains 150 vegicaps soft capsules.. been having it everyday for 2 months now and its not finish yet.. good for money, great supplement investment!

<---- it look like this! Hehe i just googled that..

#199 hihi

NewBorn Babe

• MYB Babe
  • Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 03:50 AM

i do not use supplymentary
believe in balance my food will be sufficient

#200 honeylicious

NewBorn Babe

• MYB Babe
  • Pip
  • 251 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 11:17 PM

i eat vitamins everyday..
recently, i have been consuming EPO for less than a month. and my period finally came back!!! (my last period was few years ago, and i am just 20. )
EPO helps my hormone a lot a lot a lot. it makes me feel like i am a real woman. smile.gif
My Signature
h0neyliciouS

#201 healthygal

Preemie Babe

• MYB Babe
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 02:49 PM

Due to the presents lifestyle, it's good that many are taking health supplements daily to maintain good health.

Ever since the first vitamins were discovered early in the last century, nutritionists and dieticians have told their patients and the public at large that it is not necessary to take supplements if you have a balanced diet. Unfortunately due to our hectic lifestyle, many do not eat in a balanced way, and no matter how careful we are with our diet, we can never be sure if we are consuming the entire spectrum of essential nutrients our cells require for optimum health, AND that makes us require additional vitamins and minerals.

As stated in many health magazines too that the widespread health and age-related problems prevalent today are preventable with the right nutrition. Without optimum intake of these nutrients, the functions of the cells can be impaired, and in the long run, this may contribute to age-related conditions and degenerative diseases. sick.gif

It is also advised to avoid taking supplements that contain just one or two specific vitamins or minerals unless your doctor or state-registered dietitian has advised you to. This is because vitamins and minerals work in harmony and an excessive amount of just one can impair the absorption or effectiveness of others. Correct balance is important. smile.gif

In addition, you should be aware of your total nutrient intake if you are taking more than one supplement product a day. But tracking nutrient intake can become difficult when taking a number of single supplements. There may also be a risk of overdosing. Supplements sometimes contain over ten times the level of vitamins that we need.

My problem on taking a number of single supplements have been solved ever since I swtiches to SPIRULINA. Beside spirulina has a combination of over 70 ingredients that can provide all-round nutritional support for the healthy functioning of the body and most important have all the 5 major nutrients including essential and non essential Amino Acid that are important in human health. It also offer a balance of nutrients which maximizes the effectiveness of each ingredient.

Spirulina is also easily digest because it has very soft cell walls so it makes it easy to digest and nutrients can absorbed almost fully. So that makes it great for people of all ages including children. thumbup1.gif

After taking this, my health has improved in general, it also enhance natural cleansing & detoxification, my looks has become more radiant, and it strengthened my immune system which I have fewer colds & flu or if I get a cold, it escape more chronic symptoms & recover faster.
It do helps too as I have Thalassemia, as its an inherited condition because Spirulina supplies bio-chelated iron that is very easily absorbed and utilised.

Now everyone in the family are taking it as food supplement which includes my son to improve health in general and strengthen immune system.
Always remember, these are just supplement and not medicine. You have to take it for long term.

Remember, go for whole-food rather than synthetic supplement because whole-food vitamins is in their natural state and contain a host of nutrients that exist within a "complex" whereas synthetic supplement are not natural and have been split into singular products or formulated in a lab somewhere.

Edited by healthygal, 24 September 2008 - 02:52 PM.

#202 DanielW

Preemie Babe

• MYB Babe
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 12:40 AM

Blackmores EPO is cheap when there is promotion is Guardian. Only come to about RM 0.20-0.30 per capsule when there is promotion ;-)

#203 ftsl

Preemie Babe

• MYB Babe
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 11:56 AM

Before, I hav take EPO, vitamin C, multi-vitamin & mahnesium calcium. But always forgot to take.

After that, i change use herbalife nutrition drink. It is the cellular nutrition drink. It is tasty n save time.

I just take 1 shake in morning only. Now, I alr consume more than 5 months. I saw that my skin more better, more bright. Then, my gastric no more also after consume 4 months...Now, i no need take medicine la....

Juz 1 cup SHAKE in morning, then my health improve

#204 kaykong

Preemie Babe

• MYB Babe
  • 72 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 02:27 PM

I only take Monavie juice daily...cos it is easy and convenient for me. biggrin.gif

#205 Lil Flower

Preemie Babe

• MYB Babe
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 06:18 PM

QUOTE (Marlene @ Mar 8 2007, 02:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think everyone needs health supplements to a certain extent as we can't get as much nutrients from our food the way our ancestors did because (1) we're eating more refined and processed stuff now, which are sometimes laden with preservatives too (2) the soils are also depleted of essentials nutrients and minerals due to commercial farming

I take cod liver oil, Vit E and EPO though not on a daily basis but i find that i hvnt had a cold in more than 2 years since i've started taking supplements and became more health conscious...though i must admit, i did not see any changes physically. I am suffering from weak liver which is slow in de-toxing so now i'm also takng Vit c and a supplement called MSM ( organic sulfur, which is largely needed by liver for detoxing ) and the effects are great : my nails grow like crazy, my pimples heal within a few days whereas they used to take weeks, and scars clear up real fast too ).

Some ppl think it's a waste of money to take supplements but i think taken in moderation ( as per the guidelines given by the manufacturer ) it should be ok and beneficial to health.

May I know where you get the supply of MSM? Understood from some pharmacists that in Malaysia, selling of MSM products is prohibited?

#206 samhong

Preemie Babe

• MYB Babe
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 01:34 AM

Health food i take for Daily Supplement is Wheat Fiber and Wheat Germ, provide high vitamin B and E. Help for reduction Constipation,Colon cancer,improve Blood circulation system, break sugar in digestive system and Wheat germ have High Amino Acids also Aphrodisiac value. Price affordable...and taste acceptable. Good try.....

EDITTED : DO NOT SOLICIT BISNESS IN DISCUSSION THREADS.TQ smile.gif

Edited by d3vil doll, 11 June 2009 - 02:20 AM.

#207 tong

Preemie Babe

• MYB Babe
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 06:08 PM

QUOTE (snowball @ Nov 19 2004, 12:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I used to take vitamin C, but some of my friends actully take quite a few of them, something like A,B,C, etc. How about the rest of the gals? Do you take any of them regulary?

in today's society, because most if not all of our consumed food are either genetically modified or sprayed with chemicals, the essense of what is left in the foods and what u can realli get is very hard to determine. sometimes it doesnt mean if u eat alot of vege u'll be getting exactly what u think u'll get. ok u get wad i mean, thats y supplements are definitely essential. vit c to boost immune sys, vit e for regeneration of cells, prim rose oil to regulate yr female hormones and promise again breast cancer, fish oil for healthier cholestorol... bla bla bla... the list goes on. our body is very special, it will adapt to what we have to offer our body, and thats y nth seems to go wrong when u r born all the way to when u are about 20- 30. but the problems will all come when u're 30ish onwards. and dependent on stress levels and other factors... many people develop cancer and various degenerative diseases like high blood pressure, diabetes... its essential to take vits on a regular basis, yes expensive, but its all about deciding to pay now, or pay later. pay for yr vits? or pay for yr medical bills in future. all boils down to the one question, do u want to age by choice? or by chance? =D

#208 chengcheng

Preemie Babe

• MYB Babe
  • 71 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:23 PM

QUOTE (honeylicious @ Sep 19 2008, 11:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i eat vitamins everyday..
recently, i have been consuming EPO for less than a month. and my period finally came back!!! (my last period was few years ago, and i am just 20. )
EPO helps my hormone a lot a lot a lot. it makes me feel like i am a real woman. smile.gif

Hi Babes...

I take Kordel's EPO 1000mg. The reason is because the pharmacists says Kordel's Guarantees the FRESHNESS of the oil.

This is important as if the oil is not fresh or rancid... taken over long term it can be cancerous sad.gif

Look out on the labels... each batch is tested.. I have been taking it for over 4 1/2 years now.

I will not change.. as I tried Blackmores EPO and also Biolife... when I puncture the capsule to smell the oil... It smells bad.

Please don't be penny wise, pound foolish. EPO is taken everyday.

Use only Quality EPO.. my advise.

#209 yin127

Preemie Babe

• MYB Babe
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 10:08 PM

I m taking multivitamin from blackmores and bio-life's fish oil... how come no one take fish oil here one? i heard it is good for skin wor... i tried the EPO+fish oil b4, but like not much diff 4 me(in terms of menstrual cycle)... so i switch back to fish oil onli...

#210 yennie31

Preemie Babe

• MYB Babe
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 02:41 PM

QUOTE (yin127 @ Sep 9 2009, 10:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I m taking multivitamin from blackmores and bio-life's fish oil... how come no one take fish oil here one? i heard it is good for skin wor... i tried the EPO+fish oil b4, but like not much diff 4 me(in terms of menstrual cycle)... so i switch back to fish oil onli...

I'm taking USANA's multivitamin called Essentials. Besides that, I also take the Proflavanol or many people call it grape seed. It is a good and safe product from USA.