Sign in to follow this  
snowball

Do you take health supplements?

i taking osteoplus which is indicated for the maintenance of bones.coz hor,i heard that we gals wil facing many bones problem when we get pregnant or when we getting old...and i dun like milk!thats y i think i'm lack of calcium in my body...

Where do you get oteoplus? I heard of it....

I take Elken's spirulina which i think it's great cuz I dont get sick easily now.and yeah,kordel's vitamin C and EPO

Edited by redtomato

I take Elken products, including their spirulina, vitamin C, IG6, and EPA 1000 (fish body oil). Also EPO and Blackmores Multi Vitamins+Minerals.

Ive never gotten sick in like forever now :P

a lot of health books nowadays recommend that we take milk thistle supplement - has anyone try it? supposedly good for our liver leh..

fluene, wat brand u take? i heard tat carltrate(correct spelling ka?) is not bad..

Jacqline, I take Amway. Caltrate is the brand that normally dr. will prescribe. There's another brand, Bio-Enhanced. Their calcium is in capsule form where it is liquid inside instead of tablet. They claimed that the calcium being in liquid form can be absorbed better by our body. Sorry to say, for calcium, there's no way of telling which brand is good because bones health is something we cannot see, not like say, our skin. Maybe when I'm old, I can tell 'oh! This brand not good. I took it when I was young and now my bones are not healthy at all'. Get what I mean? The most we can do is compare the concentration of the calcium.

ic.. means any brand will do? but i'm actually comparing amway n caltrate but i know amway is way more exp than others.

Yeah, Amyway is way more expensive than others. I attended a health seminar sometime ago and won a hamper from a lucky draw. The hamper consists of a few bottles of bio enhanced calcium (the one in liquid form), EPO and vit E cream. So I'll switch to bio enhanced once my amway finishes. Still lots and lots of calcium supplies for me ;)

I take a tablet of multi-vitamin every day. My doctor recommended that I take that and she also mentioned that we should have at least 3 servings of calcium each day. Milk & cheese have excellent calcium properties, and so does yoghurt. However, don't take more than 500mg of calcium at a time coz our body can only digest that much at one time. :) I drink milk daily and I LOVE my cheese and yoghurt so I'm pretty good! :P

EPO is recommended for women suffering from period cramps and acne problems. however, very small percentage of women experienced weight gain while taking EPO. EPO works by balancing ur hormones.

yes, it is possible to overdose on vitamins. u may damage ur liver. check out the US RDA site for recommended dosage for each vit.

i am currently taking multivitamin ( pharmaton containing selenium). it boost up ur energy level and keeps u alert. i personally feel that it is also working on my skin as it has all the essential vits such as vit c, b5, vit e, selenium. for those who wants to try pharmaton, remember to take the one WITH SELENIUM . it helps to reduce heatiness. drink lots of water.

i take vitamin c and d beucase i dont drink enough milk nor eat lots vegetables/fruits. other than that regular dietry food be enough. to me if its not necessary dont take it too much of anything is bad and too little of anything is bad.

just like medicine, just sick little bit no need take all this pills can cure naturally wan :D:D

used to take vitaminC and multivitamins when i was ana. had to. but i was pretty sneaky.

right now i don't.but just the other day,my school gave out samples of vitamins(citrex)i ate like 3 packets in class( i was hungry) and 1 packet contained 5 tablets. i know.overdose.

my mum told me to take evening primsome oil. but i couldn't care less.

i use to take centrum

its good

it has all d vitamins and minerals from vitamin A to zinc